All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

While the Devils and Wings have roughly the same amount of cap space left, I don't see us outbidding them if it's going to come down to money. We have to resign Parise and sign Larsson. We pretty much still need to shed salary just to have leg room cap wise without adding someone else. Wings on the other hand, all they really need to do is sign a player who can replace what Ralfalski brought to their team. Then again, stranger things have happened. I remember Elias was lobbying for Kaberle last year. Maybe he's interested in playing for NJ and there's a verbel agreement in place until Lou can make the moves he needs to add him. Who knows?

Well Lou said that he won't be adding without subtracting, but I wonder if Lou would be interested in Kaberle. Its just not Lou's style to add a defense-man who is not good in his own zone.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I look around at the league I could see Clarkson and Zubrus having some teams interested. Return might not be extravagant in value but they wouldn't be straight salary dumps.

According to TSN's transaction page, Phoenix signed Tyler Eckford. We all knew he was gone. Now it's official.

Fayne, Corrente, Larsson, Merril, Burlon, Gelinas, Taormina, and Fraser. Just to many guys the have surpassed him on the list of prospects getting ready to jump in the future. As long as were on the topic, Corrente and Fraser have no place on the defense. Taormina and Fayne have already surpassed them and Larsson, Merril, Gelinas, and Burlon are much more skilled and have more potential. Sad for them, but good to see we have a slur of prospects.

According to TSN's transaction page, Phoenix signed Tyler Eckford. We all knew he was gone. Now it's official.

He missed a ton of time last year with a personal issue, whatever it was I hope its taken care of and he can try to get his career back on track. I wish him the best.

Fayne, Corrente, Larsson, Merril, Burlon, Gelinas, Taormina, and Fraser. Just to many guys the have surpassed him on the list of prospects getting ready to jump in the future. As long as were on the topic, Corrente and Fraser have no place on the defense. Taormina and Fayne have already surpassed them and Larsson, Merril,

Gelinas, and Burlon are much more skilled and have more potential. Sad for them, but good to see we have a slur of prospects.

I think people are selling corrente short. It takes a while for defenseman to develop and he's only 24. Hes younger than fayne, fraser, and taormina. He's definitely going to be given another shot. His style will be helpful when White and Sal are gone.

I think people are selling corrente short. It takes a while for defenseman to develop and he's only 24. Hes younger than fayne, fraser, and taormina. He's definitely going to be given another shot. His style will be helpful when White and Sal are gone.

Not even. He's only 23. But he's gotta stop fighting so much or he's not gonna make it. Or at least learn how to not get hurt every time he fights.

One more chance perhaps. I'm just saying he needs to make a mark soon or else.

Is there any other backing to this Kaberle rumor? If for some godawful reason we gave him 4-5mm/year, which is what I see him signing for, there is no doubt in my mind that Lou has a buyer for two-of Rolston/Zubrus/Clarkson and a nice retirement plan for Salvador.

Well that's a sure thing...can't sign this guy without making yourself cap space. I wonder what Lou has in mind. He said that we had to improve PMD, but at the same time the UFAs that were out there are all gone and there is only Kaberle who is going to be overpaid anywhere he goes and don't exactly fit into the definition of a Devils Defense-man. At the same time he has to sign Parise to a long term contract before arbitration and he also have to keep enough cap space in case Larsson impresses and we decided to sign him.

Lots of work for Lou :koolaid:

«Devils and Kaberle close to a deal. Expect it to be announced by tomorrow night. (Twitter reported that its between the Devils and Red Wings for him, my friend in the organization confirmed to me that the team has taken severe interest in Kaberle and are close to getting a deal done.)»

I find it on Devils army blog... Sound real :o

«Devils and Kaberle close to a deal. Expect it to be announced by tomorrow night. (Twitter reported that its between the Devils and Red Wings for him, my friend in the organization confirmed to me that the team has taken severe interest in Kaberle and are close to getting a deal done.)»

I find it on Devils army blog... Sound real :o

Crap. :doh1:

This is greatly going to effect Parise's situation if this is true.

Crap. :doh1: This is greatly going to effect Parise's situation if this is true.

Lou is not crazy. If this is true this means that you will hear of a trade involving Rolston, Clarkson or Zubrus soon enough man. Don't worry about his cap

not if we trade rolston....

Like we sign him if we trade rolston.... I swear....

Im not high on Kaberle but with a D like Volchenkov playing with im could be good..

47 points in season

11 in playoffs this years... Not that bad

But he need to be with Volchenkov cause he is to soft in his own zone

it on devils army blog on facebook

Edited by caron14

I really dont see it happening. In my opinion, Kaberle is not worth Zubrus and Clarkson. Id rather keep who we have, sign Larsson and sign Parise.

I dont see Kaberle of all players making such a big impact that it wont actually benfit the team loosing 2 good players for 1 decent.

I cant find anything on this anywhere on the internet. Just a bunch of talk from last off-season.

I wont get all bent until I see legit sources of this blasphemy.

Edited by Quinn01

I wonder if his "friend" is the poster on HF.com who had similar info. Doesn't make the info bad, I'm just wondering if it's a second hand source being dressed up as first hand.

Blog also said the Devils were interested in Babchuk and Doughty....so it's every rumor on the Internet thrown into a blog. :evil:

We need to lock up Parise long term before doing something like Kaberle, otherwise i will seriously question Lou and the organisation, especially after we just drafted Larrson.

I'm hoping we hear contract news about Parise once the 4th of July holiday weekend has subsided, i.e. this week.