All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

I want to feel bad for the guy but I can't. And it's not just because he left for the Rangers. I can forgive that like I did with Holik, Driver, and MaClean.I have extra hate for the guy because I took my girlfriend at the time to a Devils/Thrashers game in Atlanta and he was staring her down during the pre-game warm ups. He then looked over and saw me, with my Devils jersey. I threw up my arms like WTF and pointed at the logo on my jersey. He just smiled at me and skated off. Ever since then I was like, fvck that guy. He'll never get any sympathy from me. He was one of my favorites at the time too. This was back in 2000-2001ish (I forget).

I feel like this guy is a complete as*hole. Problem here is that its the Habs that we should feel bad for. Gomez is still going to collect that 7 Millions paycheck at the end of the day.

His 3 seasons remaining in the contract is basically why he will not get traded IMO. Unless a team is seeing some hope in him and actually believe that he can play for even half his salary then I don't see why someone would trade for him. Even a team that is looking to reach cap floor is not interested in this guy because of the 3 years remaining considering that any team with cap floor problems would only have to trade for guys with 1 or 2 years remaining in their contract and next year (interesting UFA year) sign some big names.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to feel bad for the guy but I can't. And it's not just because he left for the Rangers. I can forgive that like I did with Holik, Driver, and MaClean.

I have extra hate for the guy because I took my girlfriend at the time to a Devils/Thrashers game in Atlanta and he was staring her down during the pre-game warm ups. He then looked over and saw me, with my Devils jersey. I threw up my arms like WTF and pointed at the logo on my jersey. He just smiled at me and skated off.

Ever since then I was like, fvck that guy.

He'll never get any sympathy from me. He was one of my favorites at the time too. This was back in 2000-2001ish (I forget).

Hehe. Good story, still don't understand the hate though. It must mean she is hot.

I want to feel bad for the guy but I can't. And it's not just because he left for the Rangers. I can forgive that like I did with Holik, Driver, and MaClean.

I have extra hate for the guy because I took my girlfriend at the time to a Devils/Thrashers game in Atlanta and he was staring her down during the pre-game warm ups. He then looked over and saw me, with my Devils jersey. I threw up my arms like WTF and pointed at the logo on my jersey. He just smiled at me and skated off.

Ever since then I was like, fvck that guy.

He'll never get any sympathy from me. He was one of my favorites at the time too. This was back in 2000-2001ish (I forget).

wow you seem like one jealous boyfriend lol i would have take it as a compliment lol i dont think its bad at all

ESPN_NHL ESPN NHL coverage

Per team release: Nashville acquired D Brett Lebda and F Robert Slaney from Toronto for D Cody Franson and F Matthew Lombardi.

Deal also includes a fourth-round pick.

Pick conditional on Lombardi's health over next two seasons.

Uh... wtf is with this trade? Am I missing something or did Nashville get completely hosed?

Edit: Here is an article on the Preds website explaining it (I still think they got hosed): http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=568387

Edited by iamtheprodigy

Hehe. Good story, still don't understand the hate though. It must mean she is hot.

She was pretty cute. I wasn't really as mad at him looking at my girl as I was that he ignored the Devils symbol on my jersey. I mean we were in Atlanta. I was one of the only Devils fans in the whole building and instead of appreciating that he sort of disrespected me.

wow you seem like one jealous boyfriend lol i would have take it as a compliment lol i dont think its bad at all

I'll admit I do have a jealous side to me, unfortunately. :fight:

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Old friend Niclas Bergfors to Nashville.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=568396

Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed forward Niclas Bergfors to a one-year contract worth $575,000.

I like this move for them, not really costing them anything and they may get lucky and have him turn in a solid year. Low risk move.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Old friend Niclas Bergfors to Nashville.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=568396

I like this move for them, not really costing them anything and they may get lucky and have him turn in a solid year. Low risk move.

Agreed. Cheap contract, low risk. Hope he does well there. Despite the holes in his game he has a great shot and can easily be a useful player for them.

Buffalo has signed Ville Leino. Hell be a leader up there for them in no time. (multi year contract)

This happened two days ago.

She was pretty cute. I wasn't really as mad at him looking at my girl as I was that he ignored the Devils symbol on my jersey. I mean we were in Atlanta. I was one of the only Devils fans in the whole building and instead of appreciating that he sort of disrespected me.

I dont get it. He disrespected you, how? By smiling at you?

This is BEYOND hilarious... way to go to be even more hated Gomer

incarcerated bob

**FA NEWS**Source: Canadiens where the mystery team in on Richards they offered a huge deal Friday night & had a Trade for Gomez worked out

incarcerated bob

**FA NHL NEWS**Source: Canadiens had a major offer for Richards but Gomez not accepting trade made #Habs pull back offer early Sat morning

incarcerated bob

Gomez deal was worked out on Friday - Unnamed team was willing to take him & that allowed Gauthier 2offer Richards a mega deal

incarcerated bob

It was one of those teams.. They wanted Gomez to get to cap floor plus that team was getting a good prospect back from #Habs

incarcerated bob

I am hearing Richards would have went to Canadiens if the offer would have been a little more then the Rangers (Gomez killed it)

I dont get it. He disrespected you, how? By smiling at you?

I guess I can't explain it right. He didn't look at her like, damn that girl is hot. He looked at her in her eyes and gave that that, "I wanna bang you right now" look. Then he looked at me and smiled and skated away.

I laughed at the time too because it was funny that he did that, but I still think it's a dick move.

Uh... wtf is with this trade? Am I missing something or did Nashville get completely hosed?

Edit: Here is an article on the Preds website explaining it (I still think they got hosed): http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=568387

No clue what the hell Nashville is doing with this trade other than assuring themselves a better possibility of getting to the cap floor. If Lombardi's concussed for the start of the season again, wouldn't that mean NSH would have needed to spend enough additional $ to be okay once he went on LTIR? This at least gives them a clear understanding of where they stand.

That being said, Franson looks like another solid blueliner from NSH. I hoped the Devils would have made a play for him if they'd had a spot, but suddenly NJ has a glut of d-men. Lombardi should provide good secondary scoring for the Leafs if he's healthy, and Franson should eat minutes and help take the place of Beauchemin on the 2nd PP unit. Toronto also gets to shed themselves of Lebda, who was pretty underwhelming. "Worst" part of this trade for the Leafs is that they could give up a 4th rounder if Lombardi plays 60+ games.

If it weren't for financial considerations, this deal would make no sense for NSH.

Buffalo has signed Ville Leino. Hell be a leader up there for them in no time. (multi year contract)

...:blink:

This is BEYOND hilarious... way to go to be even more hated Gomer incarcerated bob**FA NEWS**Source: Canadiens where the mystery team in on Richards they offered a huge deal Friday night & had a Trade for Gomez worked outincarcerated bob**FA NHL NEWS**Source: Canadiens had a major offer for Richards but Gomez not accepting trade made #Habs pull back offer early Sat morningincarcerated bobGomez deal was worked out on Friday - Unnamed team was willing to take him & that allowed Gauthier 2offer Richards a mega dealincarcerated bobIt was one of those teams.. They wanted Gomez to get to cap floor plus that team was getting a good prospect back from #Habsincarcerated bobI am hearing Richards would have went to Canadiens if the offer would have been a little more then the Rangers (Gomez killed it)

If they found someone willing to take Gomez then we should easily find more than 1 team willing to take Rolston.

i think its really possibleThere's a few team with about 10 millions to spend and with only 2-3 roster spots available

Rolston have 4 points less than Gomez, but is his contract is also 2 million less than Scott Gomez's one. I also think Richards was not going to Montreal anyway because seriously, this place is the last place a star player want to go.

I already see them bitching about him and saying that he should get traded every game he don't put up at least 1G and 1A. This place (Montreal) is so repulsive to any star or superstar. They hire average players or players a little above average and expect them to bring them a Stanley cup. Other than the fans stupid attitude and expectations there is these even dumber than the fans journalists who are like bees around the players after every game asking them the stupidest of questions, kind of questions that the fans see and think that its normal to ask why Price couldn't do more than 45-50 saves to help his team win the game. Actually if they loose 2-0 and Price makes lets say 48 saves out 50 shots they forget the high amount of shot allowed and they bitch about Price.

Now go figure why none of the stars they tried to sign in the past couple of years wanted top go there. Briere was offered the same deal the Phlyers offered him, same money and same amount of time, but he decided to go to Phillie even tho Montreal is his home town.

Max Talbot's contract violates the CBA. Yes... Max Talbot's. I wonder if they posted it anyway.

Apparently they can't even challenge bad contracts until after the CBA expires, per their agreement with the NHLPA on the Kovalchuk mess last offseason :lol: So now actual circumvention doesn't matter but violating the spirit of a nonexistent rule does.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Apparently they can't even challenge bad contracts until after the CBA expires, per their agreement with the NHLPA on the Kovalchuk mess last offseason :lol: So now actual circumvention doesn't matter but violating the spirit of a nonexistent rule does.

Daly was babbling. They can't retroactively challenge contracts but they sure as hell can block a contract that violates the CBA, as this one does.