Thank You Colin White.

Neb00rs

We should also ignore those who write nothing but comments that are completely off-topic, non-sensical rants in every single one of their posts to any and every thread.

Yet somehow PK's never been suspended. Stop bashing him on a thread specifically designed to praise him because people bash him too much. Nobody said he was a perfect player, so don't act like a d!ck.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for funsies...

Out of all the defensemen drafted in 1996, only the following played more NHL games to this point than White:

Derek Morris

Chris Phillips

Zdeno Chara

Ruslan Salei

Tomas Kaberle

Pavel Kubina

Cory Sarich

this is a nice stat. i always loved whitey. he was a true devil in every sense of the word.

i think with guys like pando, brylin, and now whitey gone, that ring of fire is starting to sound better and better. i don't think he gets his number retired, but he deserves some recognition.

My favorite memory of Colin White was running into him at the Radio City Christmas show! The Devils had an afternoon game, which I watched on TV, and won. Later that day, I headed into the city with my little sister to see the Rockettes and all that jazz. In the lobby at Radio City, out walks Colin White, John Madden, and Jeff Friesen. I went up to him, surprised, and said, "Hey... Colin White. How ya doing? Nice game today." That sort of thing. He was very cordial (and honestly, I think he was surprised there were hockey fans there who recognized him, as surprised as I was that NHL players were in attendance). All the same, was a nice guy about it and was happy to shake my hand and say hello. He called Madden over, who also greeted me. Jeff Friesen ignored them (and me) and continued off in the distance. Ha. And that's my manly Colin White story.

While I feel losing White will not hurt this hockey team significantly if at all, I am glad that he is a Devils product and I really hope he gets a chance to prove the team wrong with another franchise. He was with this team his entire career up to now and you rarely, if ever, read a bad word about him.

I think Lou was in a rock and a hard place here. While Colin's skill has diminished, he's not worth what he was getting paid and I think the roster spot being open is just as valuable.

If he doesnt catch on with another team, I wonder if the team would bring him back in any sort of way, not to play obv.

I was thinking maybe this is just a ploy to sign him at a lower value? no?

If he is outta here, he WILL be missed. Great team player, good guy and great charisma.

DevsMan84 - I agreed with your first post about him being less of an all round player since the injury, sometimes I've felt he was a liability out there too, but I respect the guy for doing what it was that he had left to give after the injury he got. BooKu guts in that man in my book!! But seriously dude, shoulda left it at that instead of nitpicking like a vulture for the next page and a half. Took away from your good point and just left you sounding hollow and bitter.

Best of luck where ever you end up White! one-eyed-smile-right.gif

Gotta remember this one for next years chico award!! well done. :thumbsup:

I cant believe Lou couldnt get anything in return for white, not even a 5th round pick from san jose...... Lou sure did San Jose a favor by buying him out and allowing San Jose to sign him on thier terms without giving up anything...Hopefully San jose works a deal with us in the future...