Hurricane Irene

jagknife

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://crisislanding.appspot.com/?lat=39.92325&lng=-75.17561699999999&z=7&layers=1314426776390%2C1314426810619%2C1314426620695&t=hybrid

A neat little link on the storm and tracking how in the line of fire you might be with it.......

not a neat tool at all...the blue line indicating where the eye's path goes is literally and I mean literally right over my house....

Had to cut our canoe camping trip. Little short. Watching this all now from Albany. To think we were swimming in the Sunny Saranacs this morning. Our dogs are still in Nassau ny. I miss them!! I hope we can get them before it hits here tomorrow. I hope our chickens survive tonight. So weird not being home in our little shack. :saddevil:

f$@& I hate this phone. I'm writing like an 8 yr old :angry:

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

dam tornado warning half of Jersey. My roof might not be able to withstand the winds tonight the guy who did was a dumbazz. 6 deaths already to. All you said this was going to just rain and little windy

Ready for this because it wont happen again any time soon.....

“Once we realize that imperfect understanding is the human condition, there is no shame in being wrong, only in failing to correct our mistakes.”

-George Soros

This is actually something that I wish I was right moreso then the fact that well I just always want to be right.

The death toll is at 8 right now already. That is a damn shame. I hope no one from here suffers a loss.

Best of luck to everyone riding the storm out and their loved ones.

Edited by Quinn01

not a neat tool at all...the blue line indicating where the eye's path goes is literally and I mean literally right over my house....

Well sorryyyyyyy, not like I told it to aim for you....personally I'd have kept it over Phily till all the sh!t got washed out :P

Newark is ready to evac asap if have to!!!!!!!! Tornado warning half of NJ<DEL<PA

Newark has had a voluntary evacuation for several hours now.

Still just a steady wind and consistent rain fall. Nothing substantial just yet here in Sussex. Whats it like where all of you are right now?

Still just a steady wind and consistent rain fall. Nothing substantial just yet here in Sussex. Whats it like where all of you are right now?

Bottom of NJ on the Delaware River > Pretty hard rain, gusts are pretty strong, Tornado warnings, River level is high but not as high as several years ago (Floyd was it?) Some flooding and basements getting wet, and SEVERAL small/temporary power outages around the area but not as bad as I thought so far.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

WIll get more intense over night and they said Hurricane was getting a little more intense it was staying still building up alittle

Bottom of NJ on the Delaware River > Pretty hard rain, gusts are pretty strong, Tornado warnings, River level is high but not as high as several years ago (Floyd was it?) Some flooding and basements getting wet, and SEVERAL small/temporary power outages around the area but not as bad as I thought so far.

The night is still young I suppose. Last I heard the eye will be over my area by 8am so thats what....6am in your area?

So here in Clark... there's a creek behind my house... it overflowed hours ago and the water is about 30 feet away from the house in the back... two trees came down already... none hit the house luckily. in the front, the street is flooded.. at this rate, there's probably an hour window I can get my car out of here if need be. if we lose power, we lose the sump pumps in the basement then this problem gets ten times worse. im freaking the hell out and i dont know what to do..

Around 2:30 my sister got evacuated from Lambertville They couldn't get throughto our house because of flooded roads. I hope our chickens are ok. Can't get dogs up here in Albany. State of emergency and flash floods. Hudson looks highbut normal enough. ( were right on the Hudson but up a hill)

Parents are fine in new haven. No power loss yet lots of low sustained winds.