Rangers to visit Flyers in 2012 WC

Quinn01

Hoping we get a hint at the jerseys. The Rangers could just reuse their heritage 3rd from last year, and the Flyers could wear their current away, or both teams could come up with something new.

Since the WC is basically a big cash grab for the NHL, I see both teams coming up with something new.

Hoping we get a hint at the jerseys. The Rangers could just reuse their heritage 3rd from last year, and the Flyers could wear their current away, or both teams could come up with something new.

Since the WC is basically a big cash grab for the NHL, I see both teams coming up with something new.

Yea they will definitely bust out something different. Also I believe the Rangers will be using that 85th anniversary jersey from last year (what a bizarre anniversary to celebrate) as their alternate this year, except without the 85th anniversary patch of course.

I heard they already know the next 5 season's winter classics:

Chi @ Det

Pit @ Was

Bos @ Nyr

Was @ Pit

Phi @ Chi

You get the pattern that there seems to have been formed...

yeah stick to Original Six :puke: and keep shoving Cindy and Ovi down our throats. We're like the Rodney Dangerfiled of the NHL. Only way we'd ever get in the Winter Classic is vs Phailures or Ranjerks. Even then its a stretch.

We will never get the Winter Classic, so no point in even hoping or dreaming of it. We could win 10 Stanley Cups in the next 15 years and we will never get it. We are not a major market draw and our rivals are from markets that are too close to us.

Yeah I mean our only shot is going to be when the Rangers get their home Winter Classic (guaranteed to them because they are in it as the away team).. It pretty much can't be held in the Meadowlands because of football, so the only options are Yankee Stadium and Citi Field (which isn't winterized at the moment).. Lou is on the Board for the Yankees so he could try and influence them to require that the Devils be in it if it's held there, but then again that's not what is best for Yankees so Lou wouldn't really be doing his job (for the Yankees) if he did that

I guess I am in the minority, but I was very happy to see the Classic so widely watched. If they do it right it could be a tradition that only builds. Keeping the NHL healthy is always a positive in my book.

I totally agree and understand why they pick the teams they do, but it will get very dry if they pick from the same group of teams each year

I heard they already know the next 5 season's winter classics:

Chi @ Det

Pit @ Was

Bos @ Nyr

Was @ Pit

Phi @ Chi

You get the pattern that there seems to have been formed...

Ive got to admit, not just because we arent anywhere in there, but its just disheartening that they are keeping the same teams within the classic for the next 5 years.

I was thinking that it had to do with the recent hits and they were going to make a public announcement addressing that issue but I dont think it would be worth a full press conference.

Maybe Bettman is stepping down. :pray:

And when this is the league's biggest cash grab of the season, I don't blame them.

I don't wither, but it could hurt the event down the line if it's just the same teams over and over and over again.. I see the WC as a way to capture the interest of new fans.. Having the same teams has the potential to make it dry.. But yes, I agree that for now they should focus on these teams