EZ...

redruM

you crossed the line w/ your commetns about Stevesn on teh philly BB, don;t come around here acting all friendly and then pull that sh!T...

You are now public enenmy #1.....

Eztarget

Perfect scenario...

Stevens comes back with the Debbies down 3 games to none to us, and gets caught with his head down and ... BAM! Sent to retirement like he did to so many others ...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a disgusting post, but it is dripping with jealousy and fear. Stevens is one of the greatest defensemen of all time. Every hit he ever delivered was legal and in the spirit and competitiveness of the game. If there are Hockey Gods, Stevens will play again this year and lead his team with class, dignity and pride, no matter what the outcome.

LETS GO DEVILS!

Douchebag.

1st off, none of Stevens hits haven't sent ANYONE to retirement. Furthmore, all of the "classic" Stevens hits (Kozlov, Lindros, Francis, Kariya, etc.) have been deemed clean by anyone with a remote knowledge of hockey....including each and every player hit.

Fact is, sunds is right, Stevens hasn't sent anyone into retirement. Closest one can say is Shane Willis -- but who's to say he wouldn't have sucked anyhow? Lots of guys had what looked to be a decent start only to suck out loud the remainder of their career. Besides He's earning a living in the AHL ain't he?

You were banned after one post? Boy those Failure fans can dish it out but they sure can't take it.

1 post and I got banned!!!!!!! :noclue:

maybe I shouldve left out flyers suck and that anyone who said stevens needs to have a career ending head injury should be smacked in the head with a stick

:noclue:

sounded good to me :noclue:

I just find it funny that from the city that loves Brian Dawkins and the Broad Street Bullies that they hate Stevens this much.

If he played for the Flyers, there'd be a statue of him outside the FU/Wachovia/Whatever Center after he retires.

And another thing, Stevens isn't dumb enough to get hit like Lindros was.

Listen im not trying to start anything here, but i remember the Stevens hit on Lindros and hearing Devils fans that i know make fun of Lindros about how he is now a vegteable and what not....regardless of what you think of the hit, the fact that some Flyers fans make comments like that about Stevens, right or wrong, you have to try (and its hard believe me I HATE the Flyers) put yourself in their shoes...the Devils have been a thorn in the Flyers side for years...and even though that comment by that Flyers can is uncalled for and immature, he wouldnt have made it if it not for the history between the 2 teams.

I'm not acting "friendly". I'm acting respectful, there's a HUGE difference. This is a Devils board, so I don't come here to flame. What I post on a Flyers board is always going to be different than what I would post here. Do I come here and police this board for negative Philly comments? If they're ridiculous I say something, but I understand that Devil fans here are going to talk negative about the Flyers. I laugh 99% of the comments off and address the 1% that are silly.

And if Stevens was sent out with a concussion again, he would have come back knowing the risks, just like he said about Lindros when he planted his "legal" elbow into his head that Game #7 in 2000.

I NEVER said I liked what Brian Dawkins did either. As a matter of fact I've posted on NUMEROUS boards that blows to the head need to be taken out of ALL the major sports. And don't forget that Brian Dawkins got suspended and fined $75,000 dollars for his hit on Hilliard. The NHL is a joke that they allow players to continue to hit other players with "legal" head shots just because they were skating with their heads down. The NFL told Dawkins that regardless of how fast the play was happening he needed to show "better restraint" when delivering hits and that blows to the head whether intended or not WOULD NOT BE TOLERATED by the league.

All the Devils Flyers BS aside the NHL should be following the NFL's example instead of worrying about what color the road team wears, or how far the net is out from the back boards.

And please stop painting Stevens as a "Saint". The dude was with Cicerelli and the other guy when that chick got raped. He's no Saint. He's a great hockey player, but that's where my respect for him stops.

Edited by Eztarget

I'm not acting "friendly". I'm acting respectful, there's a HUGE difference.

And please stop painting Stevens as a "Saint". The dude was with Cicerelli and the other guy when that chick got raped. He's no Saint.

He's a great hockey player, but that's where my respect for him stops.

Your 1st point remains to be seen.

As for your 2nd point those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...Tibbets ring a bell?? Prove it about Stevens...post the link proving he raped anyone...it will be easy to get links for Tibbets.

For your 3rd point...too bad there isn't any Flyer that can be respected either on or off the ice.

Tibbetts ... Blahahaha. EVERYONE on the Philly board was against that trade and ripped our own organization for making it. Even the Philly papers ripped the Flyers until they got rid of him.

Shoulder, or Elbow it was still a blow to the head. I just think the NHL needs to address that.

No respectable Flyers? Thin arguement. Tim Kerr, Dave Poulin, Brian Propp, Mark Howe just to name a few that have done TONS of charity work. Hell Tim Kerr lost his wife and still showed up for charity events with his two little kids.

Edited by Eztarget

Tibbetts ... Blahahaha. EVERYONE on the Philly board was against that trade and ripped our own organization for making it. Even the Philly papers ripped the Flyers until they got rid of him.

Shoulder, or Elbow it was still a blow to the head. I just think the NHL needs to address that.

No respectable Flyers? Thin arguement. Tim Kerr, Dave Poulin, Brian Propp, Mark Howe just to name a few that have done TONS of charity work. Hell Tim Kerr lost his wife and still showed up for charity events with his two little kids.

Doesn't matter what the fans thought...Tibbets was still a Flyer..Clarke ok'd it...he is part of the organization...want to agree that Clarke is a no good goon and buffoon and let's add moron.

Still can't admit you were wrong or stood corrected...fall back on the head issue...whatever.

Don't go using the off ice charity argument...the Devils do lots of that...STEVENS INCLUDED...btw...how was Barber treated when his wife died of cancer...oh yeah...that doesn't matter right???? It was Clarke, et al, not the fans.

Talk about think arguments there EZ :blink:

I still say no respectable Flyers on or off the ice...if you have a problem with it guess what...it is YOUR problem.

Perfect scenario............I rarely wish career ending injuries on other players, but screw that cheap shot artist headhunting bastard........I want a head injury that affects his life, PERMANENTLY.

eek.gifeek.gif

Niedermayer...Dead

:puke::puke:

------------------------------------------------------------------

How people can be also heinous ??!!

It's only SPORT !

I believe soccer fan were the worst part of the humanity... some hockey fan are equal :puke:

Trash talking is trash talking. Every team has it's fans who feel the need to trash talk, hell, we'd be calling ourselved hyprocrites to say we were "angelic" when it comes to our team. I've seen, first hand, MANY Devils fans who go out of their way to make rude and obscene comments to other teams (and their messageboards, as well), so why should we be surprised to see Flyers fans doing the same to us?

Of course some fans take it over the line, but either they are just running with the heat of the moment or they're just trying to find anything to bash about the enemy in order to make themselves or their team look better.

Unless someone makes a personal threat towards me and my wellbeing, I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about trash talking. Sometimes what they say really sucks (or isn't true at all -- for instance, this poster saying that Stevens can dish 'em out but can't handle it himself), but what can ya do?

/end rant

Why does it matter what someone says on another board? Yah, I understand hes being seen as two-faced, but who cares? Are any of us actually friends with him? Do we know him off a board? Its is an annoying thing to see people fighting so much!!. A lot of people have their board personalities, but noone ever really knows. I know I seem like a puckbunny wanna-be devils fan, but noone know. Noone knows who anyone really ever is, people put on masks on message boards, to either fit in or cause pronlems.

See, this is why I've stopped visiting as much as I did. It used to be a great place (it does still kick ass mods...dont get me wrong!!!) where everyone could get along, we were all friends, and now a day doesn't go by where gauntlents are thrown. I still love this board to piiiiiiieces, its just the fighting and name calling has literally become unbearable.

Soooo in conclusion, hes a problem causer, a 2 faced message poster. SO IGNORE HIM!!! Its that little button under his name...comes in handy don't you think?

yeesh...have a nice day people and please always remember, the purpose of this site is to support the Best Team in the NHL, our New Jersey Devils, not to burn other teams and their fans...

GO DEVILS!!!

Edited by Nieda

It is truly amazing when it comes to Flyers fans and Stevens. I love the crying about "elbows and cheapshots" They have a guy like Clarke mister Stick in their front office, and a guy that was praised in their city, and they have a guy like Brashear in their lineup now, and they want to talk about cheapshots. Yeah ok, and when you try to tell them the Stevens hit on Lindross was a shoulder all they do is cry more, and even when you show them proof, then well it is a blow to the head?? Give me a break. Flyers fans would have loved to have Stevens on their team for the last decade. Maybe maybe jhust one time they could have gotten over the hump if they had a leader in their locker room like Scotty. Fact remains how can you criticize the man for a blow to Lindross head when Lindross had his head down and was skating like that in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals. My son knows not to skate with his head down and he is an 11 yr old Peewee hockey PLayer. My god get a grip of hockey will you please????