Sec 120

justdo3043

Why is it a bad idea? Yeah it seems a little random, but once people find out what it's for (three Cups, thirty years) the countdown 3:30 is fine. It's a bit of a knockoff from what Nord Nation does with the 16 minute countdown but hey, at least this one represents positives and not a negative :lol:

Why is it a bad idea? Yeah it seems a little random, but once people find out what it's for (three Cups, thirty years) the countdown 3:30 is fine. It's a bit of a knockoff from what Nord Nation does with the 16 minute countdown but hey, at least this one represents positives and not a negative :lol:

Gotta admit, I was wondering why they were doing that yesterday...but now that I know what it means, I like it. There are worse things than fans showing enthusiasm.

I was at the game last night in sec 117 and i must say... i can't remember that last time i heard the building that loud and excited at weekday reg. season game vs. a team with no fan base (LA Kings)in the area. It really was great, they really seemed to get other fans (in other parts of the arena) excited. Koodos to you guys! And i also thought it was awesome that the Devs let you guys hang the Diablos banner up as well as the PA recognizing you guys during some of the 'Make Some Noise' spots. Keep it up!

:hail:

I was at the game last night in sec 117 and i must say... i can't remember that last time i heard the building that loud and excited at weekday reg. season game vs. a team with no fan base (LA Kings)in the area. It really was great, they really seemed to get other fans (in other parts of the arena) excited. Koodos to you guys! And i also thought it was awesome that the Devs let you guys hang the Diablos banner up as well as the PA recognizing you guys during some of the 'Make Some Noise' spots. Keep it up!

I really do not know what game you were at, but from my seats in 230 the place was silent until the Devils goal. This includes sec 122 as I did not hear really much of anything until the Devils goal.

i didnt realize the significance as most people who don't

love the section and all the energy it brings

still think a countdown with 3:30 left in a period which seems random is a bad idea

obviously im the only one

Nah, you are not. Funny how this fanbase and that section will copy that from other organizations (Nordiques) but yet they complain that we were copying Pittsburgh and Winnipeg/Phoenix in trying to do the White Out on opening night. :whistling::rolleyes:

Is this the same dumbass that yells SHOOT every time a player TOUCHES the puck in the offensive end no matter how many legs the shot would go through???

If so I thank you, I thought our hockey team had the lowest level of hockey intelligence and make mistakes I'd get benched on my rec league team for, but the level of fan idiocy in that section makes the Devils actually look hockey SMART (which they're not :P )

It's sad that this franchise has been here for 30 years and the fanbase needs a SERIOUS dose of "Hockey 101"

Maybe they should shoot when the fans tell them, not like they're picking out great shots as it is :P

Standing around and just passing the puck to each other isn't going to help get open shots either.

it might if you can move it fast enough. There were many times last night in the Kings game their D was playing a little far out, especially the top guy on their kill, he was challenging kind of far out and all that was needed was a quick pass or a nice move and he would have been toast and the other defenders could be caught out of position. We need to take advantage of that more and get more traffic blocking the opposing goalie. A garbage goal is still a goal.

Maybe they should shoot when the fans tell them, not like they're picking out great shots as it is :P

Standing around and just passing the puck to each other isn't going to help get open shots either.

This team's hockey sense should have it taking a short buss to the arena to play games, I'll just leave it at that, and I don't know if any coaching staff can fix the level of hockey stupid this team has....it's ok Kovy, keep skating towards the Kings bench DURING A LINE CHANGE :rant:...it's painfully bad to see how fundamentally stupid this team is.....and how painfully bad they are at RW, moronic shot selection isn't gonna make them ANY better.....

This team's hockey sense should have it taking a short buss to the arena to play games, I'll just leave it at that, and I don't know if any coaching staff can fix the level of hockey stupid this team has....it's ok Kovy, keep skating towards the Kings bench DURING A LINE CHANGE :rant:...it's painfully bad to see how fundamentally stupid this team is.....and how painfully bad they are at RW, moronic shot selection isn't gonna make them ANY better.....

They already have moronic shot selection anyway, it can't get any worse than Clarkson just throwing weak wristers on net instead of passing it to Teddy on a 2-on-1 or waiting thirty seconds to shoot on the PP and missing the net or getting it cleared anyway.

They already have moronic shot selection anyway, it can't get any worse than Clarkson just throwing weak wristers on net instead of passing it to Teddy on a 2-on-1 or waiting thirty seconds to shoot on the PP and missing the net or getting it cleared anyway.

It can...just wait...and start watching the Broncos in the next few weeks....the most moronic thing a team can do is listen to the fans about on the field decisions and how to actually play the game :P

It's sad that this team is too inept to handle the awesome passes that Larsson has.....that annoyed me the most last night.....

yeah, it is a little weird that there's this group of people standing and chanting all game, but i definitely thought the crowd was louder than it typically is for an early season game.

On a bit of a tangent, but Kevin Clark, the PA man, needs to chill with the cheerleading crap every 5 minutes. Who told him that would be a good idea?

Also, is this 117 section the 'supporters section' that originated from this board? If so, I thought that was upperdeck, unless its been moved down this year? Also, has anyone from this board been in that section so far, or is it filled with Devils' employees/hired guns?

Edited by devlman

On a bit of a tangent, but Kevin Clark, the PA man, needs to chill with the cheerleading crap every 5 minutes. Who told him that would be a good idea?

Also, is this 117 section the 'supporters section' that originated from this board? If so, I thought that was upperdeck, unless its been moved down this year? Also, has anyone from this board been in that section so far, or is it filled with Devils' employees/hired guns?

He announced the cheerleaders twice yesterday. Once in the 2nd and once in the 3rd so no clue as to your gripe there.

Yes, but they are in sec 122 now and were pretty much always in the 100's if I can remember right.

He announced the cheerleaders twice yesterday. Once in the 2nd and once in the 3rd so no clue as to your gripe there.

Yes, but they are in sec 122 now and were pretty much always in the 100's if I can remember right.

I think the first game they tried the supporter section was in 209, the rest have been in the 100 level.

I was in the section next to them. It's definitely real fans. They seem to be mostly college aged. Sure some of the chants got repetitive but for the most part it is nice to have a section in the 100's that is loud and cheering to complement the 209 and 232 group on the other side of the arena.

By the way, I really liked the Zach Parise chant before he went on the penalty shot. It seemed to spread through the whole arena pretty quickly. If there's any supporters guys on here, you ever think of chanting the name of the goal scorer after a regulation goal? A little Patrick Elias chant would have been cool after he popped that rebound in.

Hey, we did a Patrick Elias chant after the goal but it's hard to hear with the noise of the goal and then the goal announcement.

Currently we try the "You Can't Do That." chant after the visiting team gets a penalty.

I believe in Jersey's team is really difficult to say. Kinda of a tiring chant but people seem to like it.

We also try on a power play, "Pass, Shoot, Score" and during a PK. "KILL, KILL, KILL"

It's hard to be heard from the uppers and we are trying to get more sections on board with the noise level. I really think it helps the players know we love our team.

Scoops

PS. Not all of us are college peeps. I'm a 41 year old happy screaming nutty fan too. I work all day, drive 1hour + and stand the entire period. It's tiring but worth it.