Larsson and the No. 9 for Letang???????

njbuff

Absolutely not. Not in a million years. Letang cannot play defense or at least not well enough to be wortht the money he's demanding.

If I'm trading Larsson, it involves moving up to one of the top four picks, or getting Seguin. That's about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

People need to stop wasting bandwidth with the Larsson trade proposals. Give the kid the proper time to develop, he's 20 years old. Our defense should be built around him for the next 10 years. If you want to trade Adam Larsson for anything less than Drew Doughty or Duncan Keith, get off my fvcking lawn.

• Like 1

People need to stop wasting bandwidth with the Larsson trade proposals. Give the kid the proper time to develop, he's 20 years old. Our defense should be built around him for the next 10 years. If you want to trade Adam Larsson for anything less than Drew Doughty or Duncan Keith, get off my fvcking lawn.

Just for fun, he'd be worth it to get into the top four picks, where you're guaranteed Barkov, or a guy like Seguin who you could put on the wing and who is under contract for a while.

And the only reason you can do it, is because of the depth at defense in the system, and you could draft a defenseman at 9.

i'd be willing to trade Larsson for the right deal. I keep telling myself that he's young and will get better but i simply don't see him having all the tools to be worth where we picked him or be franchise dman. His speed his average at very best, his shot his average, skating his average, his aggressivity is below average. He can have the best vision in the world and outlet pass, not sure it's compensating for what he's lacking and i dont see those areas of his game improving "that much" over time... to be a true top Dman you need more than that IMO. He's gonna be good for sure, but franchise dman good? i dont think so, i dont see it yet and im aware of the whole niedermayer thing yes. but nieds had incredibly above average skating, speed and vision who could compensate.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Just for fun, he'd be worth it to get into the top four picks, where you're guaranteed Barkov, or a guy like Seguin who you could put on the wing and who is under contract for a while.

And the only reason you can do it, is because of the depth at defense in the system, and you could draft a defenseman at 9.

I still wouldn't do it. As high as I and everyone else is on Merrill, Gelinas, Severson etc, none of those guys have played a minute (sans Gelinas) in the NHL. Larsson has proven to be an above average NHL defenseman at the age of 20 with over 100 games (plus a few playoff games, and a playoff goal to boot) under his belt. His ceiling is extremely high. And defense wins championships. I'm not trading Adam Larsson for anything that isn't a young, proven, impact defenseman in return. Meaning, I wouldn't trade him at all, because that's not happening. This kid should be a franchise cornerstone. I wish we had these boards back in the day, I can only imagine how many people would've been kicking Nieds out the door between '93 and '99 lol. Edited by MadDog2020

i'd be willing to trade Larsson for the right deal. I keep telling myself that he's young and will get better but i simply don't see him having all the tools to be worth where we picked him or be franchise dman. His speed his average at very best, his shot his average, skating his average, his aggressivity is below average. He can have the best vision in the world and outlet pass, not sure it's compensating for what he's lacking and i dont see those areas of his game improving "that much" over time... to be a true top Dman you need more than that IMO.

Rofl, his aggresivity. No offense SD, I like you bud, but that post is exhibit A as to why fans are thankfully not NHL scouts or GM's. If you don't see Larsson's potential, then I don't know what to tell you.

I still wouldn't I'd do it. As high as I and everyone else is on Merrill, Gelinas, Severson etc, none of those guys have played a minute (sans Gelinas) in the NHL. Larsson has proven to be an above average NHL defenseman at the age of 20 with over 100 games (plus a few playoff games, and a playoff goal to boot) under his belt. His ceiling is extremely high. And defense wins championships. I'm not trading Adam Larsson for anything that isn't a young, proven, impact defenseman in return. Meaning, I wouldn't trade him at all, because that's not happening. This kid should be a franchise cornerstone. I wish we had these boards back in the day, I can only imagine how many people would've been kicking Nieds out the door between '93 and '99 lol.

Larsson doesn't have the potential of Nieds so the comparison is moot. Larsson is already pretty gun-shy about taking big hits. I just don't see him being above an average defeseman. If we can bring back a solid scoring winger like Seguin or Ryan then do it.

I still wouldn't I'd do it. As high as I and everyone else is on Merrill, Gelinas, Severson etc, none of those guys have played a minute (sans Gelinas) in the NHL. Larsson has proven to be an above average NHL defenseman at the age of 20 with over 100 games (plus a few playoff games, and a playoff goal to boot) under his belt. His ceiling is extremely high. And defense wins championships. I'm not trading Adam Larsson for anything that isn't a young, proven, impact defenseman in return. Meaning, I wouldn't trade him at all, because that's not happening. This kid should be a franchise cornerstone. I wish we had these boards back in the day, I can only imagine how many people would've been kicking Nieds out the door between '93 and '99 lol.

Larsson doesn't have the potential of Nieds so the comparison is moot. Larsson is already pretty gun-shy about taking big hits. I just don't see him being above an average defeseman. If we can bring back a solid scoring winger like Seguin or Ryan then do it.

I'm not comparing them, I'm saying idiot fans foolishly wanted to trade Nieds years ago as well. Thankfully, they weren't in charge. And thankfully they're not in charge now either or we'd be the fvcking Rangers. And lmao at all these scouts on here who've already given up on Larsson. You guys are fvcking hilarious. Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Rofl, his aggresivity. No offense SD, I like you bud, but that post is exhibit A as to why fans are thankfully not NHL scouts or GM's. If you don't see Larsson's potential, then I don't know what to tell you.

well i still support what im saying. I just don't see a mean streak in him and i cant even remember one crushing hit he did. I wish i could. Of course it's not something you absolutely need but when i think full toolkit dman im thinking Doughty, Weber, Subban in term of full package. i wouldnt put larsson in that group at all.

well i still support what im saying. I just don't see a mean streak in him and i cant even remember one crushing hit he did. I wish i could. Of course it's not something you absolutely need but when i think full toolkit dman im thinking Doughty, Weber, Subban in term of full package. i wouldnt put larsson in that group at all.

Big fvcking deal, he's an efficient defenseman at 20. TWENTY. Do people not understand the curve is waaaaaaay different in judging a defenseman's development as compared to a forward? Do people not realize how impressive that is? I guess not, because some of you can't trade Larsson fast enough. It mystifies me, but whatever.

When has Larsson ever shied away from physical contact?  Yea, he's made typical young defenseman mistakes at times, but I can't think of a single instance where he has glaringly avoided contact for the sake of being a pu$$y.  

When has Larsson ever shied away from physical contact?  Yea, he's made typical young defenseman mistakes at times, but I can't think of a single instance where he has glaringly avoided contact for the sake of being a pu$$y.  

I recall a hit from Subban that made him think twice for the rest of the season.

Big fvcking deal, he's an efficient defenseman at 20. TWENTY. Do people not understand the curve is waaaaaaay different in judging a defenseman's development as compared to a forward? Do people not realize how impressive that is? I guess not, because some of you can't trade Larsson fast enough. It mystifies me, but whatever.

i said "for the right deal" no one is untouchable. For Seguin im trading Larsson and driving him to the airport.

NJ clearly show that you can have a D-corp doing the job playing in committee without big names. they also showed that you can't do the job playing in committee scoring goals lol 

so with the depth we have at D i'd trade Larsson for a top scoring future superstar anyday of the week

Just to reiterate what has already been said:

ESPN NHL - Pens, D Kris Letang close to 8-year, $58 million extension, sources tell Pierre LeBrun; he rejected $56M offer last week

I cannot BELIEVE the Pens are going to pay him that. 7.24 is crazy for Letang. Absurd. How are they able to spend this kind of money?!

+1

Just to reiterate what has already been said:

ESPN NHL - Pens, D Kris Letang close to 8-year, $58 million extension, sources tell Pierre LeBrun; he rejected $56M offer last week

I cannot BELIEVE the Pens are going to pay him that. 7.24 is crazy for Letang. Absurd. How are they able to spend this kind of money?!

When you're the commissioner's favorite team you can spend that kind of money.