2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

The rangers just don't have any offensive depth. Even with Nash and Callahan. Without them they are just hoping to win a bunch of 1-0 and 2-1 games.

Problem is lundquist and probably to a greater extent their defensive system has been allowing much more than that.

Funny thing is they got rid of a coach and system that catered to this type of roster only to bring in a new coach and system that needs better high end offensive talent.

This is where we have the edge on the Rangers.  We can absorb the loss of two top 6 forwards better than they can.

i'm reading rumours saying Miller is probably gonna be a flyers by Christmas... a first round pick would be in the mix and that Holmgren would sign him to an extension right away.

That would not be fun that the flyers would have a potential good goalie

Wow I'd rather that didn't happen

i'm reading rumours saying Miller is probably gonna be a flyers by Christmas... a first round pick would be in the mix and that Holmgren would sign him to an extension right away.

That would not be fun that the flyers would have a potential good goalie

Eh nothing has happened yet so I wouldn't worry about it now.

Plus there is something about Philly that turns on the "instant suck" switch with good goalies.

I've presumed Miller to the Phailures for a while. Everyone keeps talking about him being dealt and no one ever seems to bring up him going to Philly. I think you can write it down that that's where he'll end up.

i think they'll still swallow even if they have him in net ;) so im not too worried about it lol

Believe it or not, Mason has been pretty good so far this season, top 10 in save percentage right now. I don't think he is the problem, to be honest. If the Flyers trade their first round pick for Miller, the Sabres will have 3 first rounders in the draft, and that's if they don't flip Moulson at the deadline, which they very well might.

The Sabres, who are generally a team that doesn't draft that early, have a ton of young talent coming up as it is. Grigorenko, Girgensons, Zadorov, and Ristolainen are all very recent picks that are looking like they can be really good. If they keep piling on the first rounders in this year's draft, they're going to be a scary team a few years down the road. I don't like it when franchises take this route, but it may work out for Buffalo if they do.

Speaking of goaltending, Semyon Varlamov who is off to a ridiculous start with the Avs has been arrested. Doesn't sound like a drunken barfight either. Charged with kidnapping and 3rd degree assault of someone he knew. Sucks for the Avs because he is there number one goalie (J.S. Giguere is backup) and are shaping up to be a feel good story so far. 

Edit: Just noticed it's a domestic violence incident according to police. 

Link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=435467

Edited by devils102

anyone know how clarkson has done since hes been back from his suspension.. any goals or assists? i can obviously look it up for myself but dont care all that much so just figured id ask if anyone who follows other teams knew

In 3 games he has 0 goals and 0 assists.  But Leafs fans seem very happy with his play.

Believe it or not, Mason has been pretty good so far this season, top 10 in save percentage right now. I don't think he is the problem, to be honest. If the Flyers trade their first round pick for Miller, the Sabres will have 3 first rounders in the draft, and that's if they don't flip Moulson at the deadline, which they very well might.

The Sabres, who are generally a team that doesn't draft that early, have a ton of young talent coming up as it is. Grigorenko, Girgensons, Zadorov, and Ristolainen are all very recent picks that are looking like they can be really good. If they keep piling on the first rounders in this year's draft, they're going to be a scary team a few years down the road. I don't like it when franchises take this route, but it may work out for Buffalo if they do.

we've been hearing he same thing about the oilers for 3 years now and where has it got them. Youth does not win hockey games. In fact a lot of times it loses them.

Now if they are able to package and flip those prospects for veteran upgrades yes they could become a legitimate playoff contender.

not that t I watch a ton of buffalo's games and maybe it could be that the team just stinks but miller doesn't scare me. He seems like a bit if a head case and could turn into bryz 2.0 for them.

that often is the consensus but realize his numbers are skewed by a terrible defense for years. Ya he does lose his temper but he's been pretty solid for years in this league-unlike Bryz