Dano is the new Chico. jMac is the new Dano

Pepperkorn

things are starting to heat up a lil. TG posted a good interview w/ PDB. Adding to it later today. I;m very stoked about this year because, I think we're going to have a few rookies in the line up opening night (which I hope to attend)

things are starting to heat up a lil. TG posted a good interview w/ PDB. Adding to it later today. I;m very stoked about this year because, I think we're going to have a few rookies in the line up opening night (which I hope to attend)

hopefully they play well enough to stay in the line up.. josefson needs to shine or hit the road..this is going to be his year to show if he is going to be true nhl material or not.. not sure what will happen with gelinas but hopefully larsson also has a nice strong season earning a solid spot as well.

I just miss the excitement of game day.

Looking forward to the improvements at the arena.  Heard the team store on the main level by the former Verizon Tower is getting expanded even further than last season's mid-season expansion.  Also heard main store by Box Office is being remodeled and now being run by Fanatics.

Looking forward to trying out Monk Room and going back to Dino BBQ and EAH.

Look forward to see how the young guys pan out and how the older vets hold up.

Looking forward to see how Dano does as the season progresses.  I feel he will be irritating at first but then get better as he gets used to it.

i have to be honest.. i was a little disappointed with dino bbq, i went there twice and just didnt see what people were claiming to be so good about it.. aside from the quality of food i kind of felt like i was eatting at a cafeteria with those plastic sectional plates they serve on.

I went to Dino BBQ a few weeks ago when I was at the arena. I wasn't impressed with their ribs and food either.

although i have heard that their other location( i believe it is in NYC) is supposed to be better, not that ill ever go there for any reason after ive experienced their restaurant in newark.. have to remember that its a chain(i believe so anyway).. so maybe thats part of the reason its not a good as some of the family owned bbq places i have enjoyed.

after a game at some point when im drunk and am craving some bbq im sure i will end up going back there also.. ive never had the ribs there but if i had to guess i could imagine them to be dry, but i got the "big ass" pulled pork plate or whatever they call it both times and i remember the first time it came out it wasnt even hot. However my buddy got some wings and he seemed to enjoy those.

I'm not sure how I'll feel about Dano.  I loved Chico.  I like Dano but he does toe the Lou line "status quo" and all -- but you can read his face pretty well so that's good. He also steps a little further into his own zone so that's very cool. He seems very kind and not too full of himself for all his loudness.

I'm not sure how I'll feel about Dano.  I loved Chico.  I like Dano but he does toe the Lou line "status quo" and all -- but you can read his face pretty well so that's good. He also steps a little further into his own zone so that's very cool. He seems very kind and not too full of himself for all his loudness.

im not sure if he will be annoying to listen to all game long.. that voice..

I also did notice the team store was closed so what you heard about renovations there is probably true.

Also on the other side where Uber burger and the coffee shop was they took down the signs on the outside and looked to be doing some work in there.

Yeah they are also expanding one of the stores upstairs as well.  New ownership decided to bring in Fanatics (who run shop.nhl.com) because they said the #1 complaint from fans was lack of selection in the stores (which I agree on).  Fanatics promised to stock them pretty heavily with all kinds of stuff so we will have to see if they come through.

I also heard whispers a few months ago that another burger place is looking to take over the former Uber Burger space.  From what I hear it might be a national chain (like 5 Guys).

I just miss the excitement of game day.

Looking forward to the improvements at the arena.  Heard the team store on the main level by the former Verizon Tower is getting expanded even further than last season's mid-season expansion.  Also heard main store by Box Office is being remodeled and now being run by Fanatics.

Looking forward to trying out Monk Room and going back to Dino BBQ and EAH.

Look forward to see how the young guys pan out and how the older vets hold up.

Looking forward to see how Dano does as the season progresses.  I feel he will be irritating at first but then get better as he gets used to it.

Me too. I cant wait for opening day, to smell Dino BBQ outside, hear the organist, to see the bright lower level concourse, hear Kevin Clark, sip a cold beer, smell the popcorn in the air. Also looking forward to seeing the improvements around and in the arena. All that and the fact that we should have a playoff team this year makes me so ready for the season to get here.

Me too. I cant wait for opening day, to smell Dino BBQ outside, hear the organist, to see the bright lower level concourse, hear Kevin Clark, sip a cold beer, smell the popcorn in the air. Also looking forward to seeing the improvements around and in the arena. All that and the fact that we should have a playoff team this year makes me so ready for the season to get here.

ah you described it perfectly my man

I went to Dino BBQ a few weeks ago when I was at the arena. I wasn't impressed with their ribs and food either.

BBQ is tough food to critique.  I live in Va. & I'm used to Carolina BBQ (vinegar based pulled or chopped pork)) The perception (including me) is that yankees put kraft bbq sauce on whatever and call it a day. Even the nicer bbq joints here (there's a bunch) serve on paper /plastic even stryofoam sectional plates. Guy Fierro (sp?) did a couple places here.

Damn, gotta be slow around here, we're critiquing bbq establishments.

BBQ is tough food to critique.  I live in Va. & I'm used to Carolina BBQ (vinegar based pulled or chopped pork)) The perception (including me) is that yankees put kraft bbq sauce on whatever and call it a day. Even the nicer bbq joints here (there's a bunch) serve on paper /plastic even stryofoam sectional plates. Guy Fierro (sp?) did a couple places here.

I know this is off-topic but damn do I really hate that guy.  His opinions on food means zilch to me.

BBQ is tough food to critique. I live in Va. & I'm used to Carolina BBQ (vinegar based pulled or chopped pork)) The perception (including me) is that yankees put kraft bbq sauce on whatever and call it a day. Even the nicer bbq joints here (there's a bunch) serve on paper /plastic even stryofoam sectional plates. Guy Fierro (sp?) did a couple places here.

not sure where in VA you are but I recommend bad to the bone smokehouse in Gainesville (near manassas). But you're right, BBQ is a matter of tast so it's really hard to critique, I have no idea how people can judge these BBQ competitions, it's just too damn broad to be able to definitively say one type is better than another.