GDT: New Jersey Devils VS Florida Panthers Game#2 10/11/14

2ELIAS6

Florida announcers are a bit a douchey...they keep talking about how the Panthers tied the second and third periods. Whoop-dee-damn-doo.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the Devils stomped on a bad Panthers team early and then took the rest of the game off. I guess that's to be expected a bit. Panthers coach probably got on them and they woke up and played a better 2nd and 3rd period, though aided by some bad (and bad luck, 2 delay of game) penalties. But let's face it the Panthers were never in this game and were never going to crawl back into it either.

2-0. Ok that's not much but they're scoring goals and everyone is in love with this young defense.

Such a welcome breath of fresh air from the ugly, unimaginative, slow team that limped to a 0-3-4 start last season.

Edited by '7'

Yeah, after last season, I'm thrilled with 2-0 on the road. Look at the Flyers...0-2 and they blew a 3-goal lead tonight and are now in OT. Glad we're not them right now...this place would be losing its collective mind.

Yeah, after last season, I'm thrilled with 2-0 on the road. Look at the Flyers...0-2 and they blew a 3-goal lead tonight and are now in OT. Glad we're not them right now...this place would be losing its collective mind.

We were them last year :lol: (remember the Edmonton game?)

Edited by NJDevs4978

We were them last year :lol: (remember the Edmonton game?)

Still trying to forget!

We were them last year :lol: (remember the Edmonton game?)

ugh I remember that Brodeur gagfest. We actually blew that game in regulation and needed a miracle last minute goal to tie 4-4 before losing in the shootout.

I mean seriously who blows a 3-0 lead in the 3rd to Edmonton?

Great to see so much offense, especially from the blue line. The young D are really making their case to stay in the line up.

Really liked that DeBoer kept with his late game decision Thursday to take Zidlicky off the PK in favor of Severson. Zidlicky still saw some time due to the amount of penalties taken but they were able to limit his use.

The PK pairs seemed to rotate a bit, somewhat out of necessity, but it was interesting to see DeBoer go to Salvador and Greene often. Both logged a lot of minutes and I thought did well.

Andy Greene - 24:24 TOI, 12:33 EV, 1:06 PP, 10:45 SH
Bryce Salvador - 19:54 TOI, 10:23 EV, 9:31 SH

The 4th line was much better in possession tonight and did set up the 1st goal but I was still disappointed by them. Tootoo with 2 penalties, Ruutu with 2, Gionta with 1. That just can't happen.

Overall a great game to watch considering how tough goals were to come by in recent seasons.

You really can't take anything out of a game like this - Devils capitalized on their opportunities but also obviously got ridiculously lucky to get 3 tip goals and another goal from the point.  Then the penalty parade started - I'd love to know what Tootoo did on his first penalty, and then two tough delay of game calls, so I can't really draw anything from those either.

So they took away all of Gelinas goals. I missed most of the game because my brother apparently had tooth problems and I had to have a wisdom tooth removed. I think the procedure was as easy a wisdom tooth removal as possible. Killed my whole night but I enjoy being a martyr

Edited by roomtemp

Tootoo should sit. I'd like to see Gomez come up in a 4th line spot. We're taking too many penalties and sitting back too much with a lead. We also look a bit more shaky in our own than I would prefer.

4th line was not good at all tonight.

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers announced attendance: 11,419. Lowest in franchise history for a home opener (12,087 for Calgary, 1995-96 at Miami Arena)

Pretty sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its because everyone feels like they're moving and the owner ain't helping with that feeling.