GDT: Blues at Devils

Devils Pride 26

he literally did nothing, that whole sequence he barley moved an inch and has no stick handling skills. It's not his fault the penalty was taken, it is his fault he did nothing but stand still and watch. I mean it isn't a surprise that he is on for most goals against us this year. He is a traffic cone.

Old and slow.

we played good enough to deserve a point against a real good team. We didnt because of typical stuff. 

1- Zid taking a fvcking dumb penalty again

2- Our fvcking PK

3- Salvador being a fvcking cone

i'd say schneider gave a softie but he played a real good game.

NBC Sport post game, Millburry and Kieth Jones ripping the "OLD DEVILS" Millburry quoting the ages of the Devils and  ...SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Devs played a good game, it's just the same deficiencies, Slow handling the puck, and the USUAL SUSPECTS never seem to fail the team. My greatest beef is as always, value... man are some Devs way overpaid, which of course has curtailed acquiring real top talent.

Dedicated to Salavador-PDB-LL and the many slow overpaid players

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't actually say the Blues had no speed. Also Jake Allen is a good goalie with tons of upside.

I guess the Blues sucked tonight too if that's your criteria.

Wait in your previous post you said speed is not the blues game and now you are saying you didn't say the blues had no speed?

You're doing it again.

Blue didn't suck as they played a pretty good game. Corey bailed us out on a lot of their chances.

The look of frustration on the players faces in the third period said it all when the cameras focused on the Devils bench. Devs had a hard time making smart passes in the offensive zone and Henrique in particular seemed to be giving away the puck several times late in the game. This one was winnable, but the Blues were really good defensively.

Blues are a frustrating team to pay against for sure.  Usually doesn't bode well when Ryder (7 shots) is doing most of the shooting.  20 goals in 94 GP as a Devil...just doesn't seem to be getting puck luck here, though his history shows 18 or so goals in a full season isn't exactly unheard of for him.  Oh well...all goes back to the same thing...Devils need Cam back.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Wait in your previous post you said speed is not the blues game and now you are saying you didn't say the blues had no speed?

You're doing it again.

Blue didn't suck as they played a pretty good game. Corey bailed us out on a lot of their chances.

If you can't see the differences between the two statements, then I don't know what to tell you.  Having speed, and relying on speed are different things.

If the Blues didn't suck, then neither did the Devils.  Jake Allen bailed the Blues out on a lot of our chances.

I mean just look at our PP, we were 2nd best in the league with cammie in the line up, hes gone and we can't buy a PP goal. We really need him back, havlat im not counting on. Without cammy this team is an older version of last years team.

Edited by Sneax

If you can't see the differences between the two statements, then I don't know what to tell you. Having speed, and relying on speed are different things.

If the Blues didn't suck, then neither did the Devils. Jake Allen bailed the Blues out on a lot of our chances.

I know this is going down the splitting hairs black hole with you again so I'll stop now before I get completely sucked into it.

Regardless the Devils got a little lucky the last two games and it finally caught up with them. Without havlat and especially cammy this is just the same slow-ass team that can't score but with better goaltending.

I mean just look at our PP, we were 2nd best in the league with cammie in the line up, hes gone and we can't buy a PP goal. We really need him back, havlat im not counting on. Without cammy this team is an older version of last years team.

We had 2 PP goals against Columbus last game

Cory has been terrific in five out of his last six games.  Season save% now up to .912.  It was at .898 before these last 6 games. 

That's a nice positive.

Yea the powerplay was disappointing tonight for sure.  But to say we can't buy a PP goal without Cammy is wrong.  We scored 2 PP goals just last game.

This team does not know how to shoot. All their shots get blocked

They cant handle a pass, they cant shoot and cant keep any sustained pressure

When zajac is your no 1 center you're always going to struggle to score

This team was outcoached today

God, these horrible posts are why I usually avoid game day threads.  

Every time the Devils lose, someone b!tches about being "outcoached."  IT'S HOCKEY.  Even the best team will lose 25-30 games a year.  This was a very even game;  St. Louis was able to bury one chance, and the Devils weren't.

If we win a game but play poorly, the only thing that matters is that we played poorly.

If we lose a game but play well, the only thing that matters is that we lost.

Double Standards people.

it's the nature of this board.  Some people just like to complain.  Some seem to revel in a loss just so they can b!tch.

I know this is going down the splitting hairs black hole with you again so I'll stop now before I get completely sucked into it.

Regardless the Devils got a little lucky the last two games and it finally caught up with them. Without havlat and especially cammy this is just the same slow-ass team that can't score but with better goaltending.

This is not splitting hairs.  Good grief, you just like calling people out for the dumbest of reasons to get a rise out of them.  A team that has speed is not the same as a team that relies on speed.  The Blues don't rely on speed to win games.  They rely on strong defense along with puck possession.  That is their bread and butter not speed.  It's not that difficult.

The Devils have fast players too.  Merrill, Josefson, Brunner, Cammy, Havlat, Greene, Gionta.  Would you say we rely on speed?  The answer is obviously not.  Speed is neither the Devils or the Blues game.  That is a fact.

I thought Gelinas and Zidlicky were completely awful tonight.

And shockingly Bernier had a very strong game in my opinion.

I thought Gelinas had a great defensive game for a change.  But his offensive game was mia.  Bernier was ok imo.  I thought Ryder had a good game as he was creating some chances.

This is not splitting hairs. Good grief, you just like calling people out for the dumbest of reasons to get a rise out of them. A team that has speed is not the same as a team that relies on speed. The Blues don't rely on speed to win games. They rely on strong defense along with puck possession. That is their bread and butter not speed. It's not that difficult.

The Devils have fast players too. Merrill, Josefson, Brunner, Cammy, Havlat, Greene, Gionta. Would you say we rely on speed? The answer is obviously not. Speed is neither the Devils or the Blues game. That is a fact.

In what world are Merrill, Greene and josefson fast players?

And good grief you are already going back to your splitting hairs and talking out of both sides of your mouth again. Remember when it took half of the board last year telling you that were doing it?

In what realm are the Blues a great team? Winnable game as they were missing key guys and playing b2b on the road yet can't even get a point. Maybe Thursday could be a different story?

They're tops in their division right now. They've got a better defensive core than us and they've got younger players. I'd also argue they have a better coach.

On a completely different note (no pun intended), for those of u that went to the game, how did u like the national anthem? If you guys can recall this summer I was pushing hard for my friend to win this national anthem singing contest. Well that friend sung the anthem tonight =) I'm glad they chose her because her mom is a breast cancer survivor.

On a completely different note (no pun intended), for those of u that went to the game, how did u like the national anthem? If you guys can recall this summer I was pushing hard for my friend to win this national anthem singing contest. Well that friend sung the anthem tonight =) I'm glad they chose her because her mom is a breast cancer survivor.

She was fantastic! Get set of lungs she's got there. Could really (and beautifully) belt it out.