Post here when someone from the 2014-15 Devils gets an NHL job

Triumph

bernier had a good season last year.. but its time to move on from some of our old spare parts even if it means replacing them with new spare parts in an attempt to make some type of strides. Plus i never forgave him for that penalty that pretty much les us to having zero chance in game 6.

Glad someone gave Bernier a chance..

.. so that someone who was here during the 2012 cup run can beat his face in for ruining our chances in that final game.

YEAH, I HOLD GRUDGES FOR AN ABNORMALLY LONG TIME

the players from a #1 team on the PK leaving 3goals within 5 minutes while they were on the ice should be the ones beating their faces against a wall for ruining their chances really.

the players from a #1 team on the PK leaving 3goals within 5 minutes while they were on the ice should be the ones beating their faces against a wall for ruining their chances really.

Well I mean, I agree - it's pointless to debate this now, but the team shouldn't have been put in that situation to begin with.  Bernier, by all accounts, is a nice dude and cares about his teammates.  But running Scuderi  (even after Gionta got nailed on that terrible no-call) was just such an incredibly stupid decision.

Like I said, I hold some grudges a long time, irrational as it may be.

The Devils had had 0 scoring chances up to that point in the game and were running on fumes as a team.  Bernier didn't 'run' Scuderi - well okay watching it again, he did run him - but he hit him, and Scuderi turned himself into the boards to protect himself.  The Devils had been lucky to win the 2 previous games, it would've taken some amazing goaltending and luck to win the next 2.

The Devils had had 0 scoring chances up to that point in the game and were running on fumes as a team.  Bernier didn't 'run' Scuderi - well okay watching it again, he did run him - but he hit him, and Scuderi turned himself into the boards to protect himself.  The Devils had been lucky to win the 2 previous games, it would've taken some amazing goaltending and luck to win the next 2.

We were sorta unlucky to not win either game 1 or 2 either. Wish it went to seven

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/09/18/isles-give-zidlicky-a-one-year-deal/

Zids finally signs with the Isles.  1.5 mill for the year.

Their team is going to be very good this year I feel like.  Finally take that big step forward from a team that can make the playoffs to one that contend.

Edited by themightyall

Glad someone gave Bernier a chance..

.. so that someone who was here during the 2012 cup run can beat his face in for ruining our chances in that final game.

YEAH, I HOLD GRUDGES FOR AN ABNORMALLY LONG TIME

Championships are forever. Steve Bartman can't show his face in public for getting in the way of a single play Alou probably wouldn't have made anyway in an inning the Cubs allowed like 8 runs. And that was 12 years ago. In the NLCS. I don't blame anyone for hating Bernier. It was a dumb play that cost the series. But the no call on Gionta was the bigger issue for me.

Championships are forever. Steve Bartman can't show his face in public for getting in the way of a single play Alou probably wouldn't have made anyway in an inning the Cubs allowed like 8 runs. And that was 12 years ago. In the NLCS. I don't blame anyone for hating Bernier. It was a dumb play that cost the series. But the no call on Gionta was the bigger issue for me.

I guess being in a 3 games to 0 hole had absolutely nothing to do with costing the series.

• 2 weeks later...