Your New Jersey Devils are going to the playoffs!!!

DevilMinder

Out of curiosity, are everyone’s nerves still in check?  Will they remain that way or will your body soon take over and you won’t be able to control them?  When the game is about to start will you have any kind of appetite to eat or is the thought of possibly eating during the game too hard to comprehend?
Also, what are everyone’s game time traditions?  Is anyone allowed to watch with you or do you have to watch the game by yourself with no one bothering you?  Do you have a certain chair you must sit in or outfit you have to wear?  Go into details, this usually gets pretty funny.

My nerves are fine.... for now lol. Come Thursday night around 6:30, I know those playoff butterflies will be flying around in my stomach.... that’s a feeling I haven’t had in six long years, and I can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm not actually at the game (I will be for the Devils first home playoff game, and hoping to go to the second one), then I usually watch in my basement.  Lately I've been throwing on one of my GW/GI jerseys while watching...which opens up a different can of worms:

For the Devils first home game, I will be wearing a GW Elias night Zajac (I bought it for this purpose).  If the Devils win, what do I do?  Stick with it?  Because for the next game I was planning to break out a red GW Palms...but if I do and they lose, then I'll be thinking "Dammit I should've stuck with the friggin' Zajac!"  Yeah we fans can get a bit goofy with this stuff.  Part of the fun though.    

I always roll with the same jersey I wore to the game before if we win that game. For example, I wore my 2000 Stevens jersey to the Toronto game last week, and they won.... so I’ll likely be wearing it to game 3. Only problem is, it runs big without a hoodie underneath, (and it’s big even with the hoodie, but not so big that I look like I’m 10 years old lol), so I’m hoping for a cold day on Monday lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I always roll with the same jersey I wore to the game before if we win that game. For example, I wore my 2000 Stevens jersey to the Toronto game last week, and they won.... so I’ll likely be wearing it to game 3. Only problem is, it runs big without a hoodie underneath, (and it’s big even with the hoodie, but not so big that I look like I’m 10 years old lol), so I’m hoping for a cold day on Monday lol.

I hear ya, but then I start wondering about using up any given jersey's "mojo" by wearing it too much.  Guess if I had an actual #90 MoJo jersey then this would be less of an issue.  An even bigger issue is that I actually think whatever jersey I choose to wear might have any impact on the Devils.  I'm an ass...but damn I love watching my Devils be a playoff team again.  Last time that they were my daughter was 3. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, eldon said:

Back to the Golf Channel topic.  I can't take credit for this, as someone named Travis Yost posted this on 506sports.

So the GOLF Channel (?!) gets back-to-back NHL game fours. Here’s what’s airing in those blocks on other channels:

NHLN: Six hours of NHL Tonight
NBC: Family Feud and local news
CNBC: Shark Tank re-runs
USA: Law and Order SVU/Suits re-runs

NBC sending a message, I suspect..

An absolute embarrassment, don’t remember if I posted it here or not, but an absolutely fvcking embarrasment the NHL let this happen.

34 minutes ago, jagknife said:

An absolute embarrassment, don’t remember if I posted it here or not, but an absolutely fvcking embarrasment the NHL let this happen.

I really wonder if the real reason is not as a slight or they think lowly of the NHL, but if NBC just wants to use all their channels and also remind viewers that these other channels they own exist.

I also wonder if it is somehow a swipe at streaming services.  However I wouldn't know much about it as I don't stream my TV or games.

7 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I really wonder if the real reason is not as a slight or they think lowly of the NHL, but if NBC just wants to use all their channels and also remind viewers that these other channels they own exist.

I also wonder if it is somehow a swipe at streaming services.  However I wouldn't know much about it as I don't stream my TV or games.

That could be. No need to stream it, we have 9,000 channels we can put it on, that kind of thing. 

Closest I have come is using the MSG Go app to try to stream games, and that doesn't work that well. It works in a pinch, not great, but enough. 

This is long but interesting - a look back on the season's stats: 

Craig Seiden‏ @CraigSeiden 

Here is a look at the regular season review that @cahill29 (@MSGNetworks #NJDevils statistician) and I wrote. It looks at the #NJDevils as whole and each player individually.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fw1Vzg8yd8GbFQI8me7VgP0u3C5fBTCa7CVug-2dCVQ/edit

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

Out of curiosity, are everyone’s nerves still in check?  Will they remain that way or will your body soon take over and you won’t be able to control them?  When the game is about to start will you have any kind of appetite to eat or is the thought of possibly eating during the game too hard to comprehend?

Also, what are everyone’s game time traditions?  Is anyone allowed to watch with you or do you have to watch the game by yourself with no one bothering you?  Do you have a certain chair you must sit in or outfit you have to wear?  Go into details, this usually gets pretty funny.

I think I'll be calm. After the last 6 years, I just want to enjoy it. I have no high expectations, I just want to see them play well and get some experience in the playoffs. Hopefully this is the first of many years with this core.

I usually just watch on TV, but I'm coincidentally moving to a place about 7 miles away from the arena next week. I mean... if thats not fate saying go to the games, I don't know what is. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

35 years of watching this team leads me to keep things in the house as calm as possible.  Every other domestic matter has to be taken care of before puck drop.  No interruptions can be tolerated, any postseason game has me on edge.  I am superstitious about what gear I wear.  I will wear what I have been wearing since the clinching for the duration of the series.  Upon entering the next round, I will choose another outfit and wear it for the duration, and so on.

• Like 1

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-might-difficult-nhl-awards-race-ever/

20. When the Devils came to Toronto in December, they were in the playoffs by seven points. Asked if he thought they were good enough, Hall said he was close to convinced, except they were still too dependent on their goalies. Asked when he finally, 100 per cent believed it would happen, he pointed at the six-game road trip in March where they went 4-2.

“We were on the brink either way, just hanging on to the wild card,” he said. “The first game was in Nashville and we had a teem meeting before. Coach Hynes went up to the board and wrote our record against all the teams we still had to play. I think it was (a .672 winning percentage). It was a cool thing for him to do. He said, ‘This is how you’ve done against these teams and this is why I believe in you.’ Then we beat Nashville. I’ll remember that as something that catapulted us.”

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1