2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

31 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If only Greene could be part of the solution next year...

• Like 1

A bunch of interesting things on break up day - this is on Pat Maroon:

New Jersey Devils‏ Verified account @NJDevils 

“It’s up to the organization. Hopefully we can talk and figure something out.” -@patmaroon on free agency.

“I loved it here. They gave me an opportunity to succeed. I would love to be back. I don’t know where I’m going to go. I’ve never been in this situation before. I’ll have to see what the best situation is for me and my family.” - @patmaroon on his impending free agency.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

A bunch of interesting things on break up day - this is on Pat Maroon:

New Jersey Devils‏ Verified account @NJDevils 

“It’s up to the organization. Hopefully we can talk and figure something out.” -@patmaroon on free agency.

“I loved it here. They gave me an opportunity to succeed. I would love to be back. I don’t know where I’m going to go. I’ve never been in this situation before. I’ll have to see what the best situation is for me and my family.” - @patmaroon on his impending free agency.

So he’s kinda in, but also kind of leaving himself an out. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

These kids today with their backwards hats and their rock n roll music...

He really looks like he could be anyone's teenaged kid...then you remember that he not only just held his own against some of the best players in the world, but that he was the ONLY Devil to play in all 82 regular season games this year.  That boy played pretty damned well against men.  Just wait until the boy BECOMES a man...

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Roid him up doc!  Then send him to a faceoff clinic 

:lol:

Regarding his faceoffs though, I didn't think he was that bad, at least not in the playoffs.  I'm pretty sure I can recall myself in the last game or two of the playoffs saying "C'mon Nico, win this draw" during important faceoffs and times in the game.  

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He really looks like he could be anyone's teenaged kid...then you remember that he not only just held his own against some of the best players in the world, but that he was the ONLY Devil to play in all 82 regular season games this year.  That boy played pretty damned well against men.  Just wait until the boy BECOMES a man...

looking at Barzal play this year... and remembering hearing the last 2 seasons that he might be a bust... is insanely encouraging when it comes to projecting what Nico could be. 

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

:lol:

Regarding his faceoffs though, I didn't think he was that bad, at least not in the playoffs.  I'm pretty sure I can recall myself in the last game or two of the playoffs saying "C'mon Nico, win this draw" during important faceoffs and times in the game.  

He has fast hands , I think he could be good..if he works at it..

27 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

looking at Barzal play this year... and remembering hearing the last 2 seasons that he might be a bust... is insanely encouraging when it comes to projecting what Nico could be. 

And Nico is already way better defensively.