2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

Man good for him... Seguin got paid.  PAID.

I can't imagine Hall comes in that low.  I hope so, but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get Tavares money here.

Also, for shiggles:

Edit: 99% chance it's photoshop and/or bullsh!t, but hey it's fun to imagine right :lol:

Edited by Devilsfan118

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Man good for him... Seguin got paid.  PAID.

I can't imagine Hall comes in that low.  I hope so, but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get Tavares money here.

Also, for shiggles:

I know there's no chances he comes to NJ. But there are rumours out there that we were in the mix and that's enough to screw up with my productivity today

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I know there's no chances he comes to NJ. But there are rumours out there that we were in the mix and that's enough to screw up with my productivity today

How exacty is there no chance?

If the Devils want to trade for a player and the other team accepts the offer, a trade is done.

This goes for ALL teams. The Devils aren’t excluded from this process.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It isn’t about cap space, but who has the most they’re willing to part with.  

Correct, I more meant that they went through the preparations to land a big fish and were essentially left at the altar.

I would be surprised if, strictly from an assets perspective, San Jose is significantly outbid.

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

San Jose is going to have to clear some cap space just to take EK so they can't take Bobby Ryan's contract on as well. They might have to sell more or possibly get a 3rd team involved as a cap dump to make it work. Maybe Shero can swoop in if he can take the Ryan contract.

I think the Must-take-Ryan part was rumored to have been dropped off.

also that Stars announcement video is hysterical 

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

"Must-take-Ryan" yea but a team that can would potentially pull ahead of the other offers, no? That is NJ's niche since NJ has the cap space.

Oh I get you, we have that bonus for the Sens that we can bury Ryan, just saying it just might not be a deal breaker/maker anymore