GDT: Devils at Lightning, 10/30/18, 7:30pm

mfitz804

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Looks like the Lightning are going to be that early thorn-in-the-side team of the "new" Devils.  It's one rough night in a long regular season, obviously not the end of the world, but the Devils got that "Here we go again" vibe to them when it was 2-2, and even more so when it quickly became 3-2 to start the second.  This goes back to last year's playoffs a little bit...it feels like the Lightning intimidate them (and to me that's uncharacteristic of this Devils team).  This will be an obstacle to overcome, part of the growing process. 

No need to wait till the next game. Hope they can try to overcome it tonight...or, at least make it tough for the Bolts.

2 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

No need to wait till the next game. Hope they can try to overcome it tonight...or, at least make it tough for the Bolts.

Even if the Devils lose 6-3 tonight, but play a tough and gutty third period, I'll take it.  Something to be said for regrouping after a tough stretch.  But they have to not fall to pieces the next time Tampa starts to get it going. 

And the extra point is good...ugh. 

Just flush this one and move on. 

EDIT:  my mistake, was a 2-point conversion

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, bobilly45 said:

Kk wasn't the reason why they lost... he had no chance on most of the shots.  2nd one was weak though 

No, he wasn’t. But still, 7 goals with the guy who wants your job sitting on the bench is a bad look. 

Also, they didn’t lose yet. Plenty of hockey left lol. 

• Like 1