Zacha to Bingo

titans04

1 hour ago, Steadevils said:

Apparently he is close to Blake Coleman.  Coleman provided this quote to Corey Masisak in The Athletic that made me hopeful that the mindset is there for Zacha: 

"I thought he took the news as well as he could,” Coleman said. “He seemed like he was focused on just making a difference down there and getting his confidence back. He wasn’t pouting or anything like that. I think it will be good if he can go down there and get his confidence. We’re going to need him up here.” https://theathletic.com/632546/2018/11/04/what-to-make-of-the-devils-demotion-of-center-pavel-zacha-and-where-his-career-can-go-from-here/

That's a great quote, at least he's got support from some guys on the team, because I feel like Zacha is a guy who could dwell on this and really just sink into a funk, possibly forever.  At least now he knows he has to work hard down there, create some offense, and then if/when he's playing well and gets called back up, maintain that same level of play and have it translate to the NHL.  I remain hopeful.

I think one of the things that bothers me about the Zacha thing is that his agent is Patrick Stefan. And not in a joking way. I truly feel if anyone should be able to relate to the high pressure of being an early pick and the distraction that comes with it, it would be him. He has to have learned from his experiences and id hope he could pass some of that hindsight to Pavel. 

• Like 1

Over/under 15 games played in the AHL before he gets called back up?

I mean at this point I've just accepted the fact that Zacha probably won't be an impact player this year.  I just don't think a 15-game stint in the AHL will suddenly spark him into being a top-6 NHLer.  Could be wrong... hope I'm wrong.

But, strictly imo, this is the beginning of the end for our hopes of him ever developing into more than a bottom-6 plug.

Edited by Devilsfan118

11 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I mean at this point I've just accepted the fact that Zacha probably won't be an impact player this year.  I just don't think a 15-game stint in the AHL will suddenly spark him into being a top-6 NHLer.  Could be wrong... hope I'm wrong.

But, strictly imo, this is the beginning of the end for our hopes of him ever developing into more than a bottom-6 plug.

He should stay down there until he’s consistently filling the net, and until the staff is satisfied that his confidence has been restored. I don’t wanna see him again until after the holidays, ideally.

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'd settle for him coming back as an NHLer, I am not expecting top 6 at this point. 

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'll probably be wrong, but I'm going to say under 15.  Bratt will be back soon and maybe Noesen will too, but somehow, knock on wood, I'm thinking an injury somewhere in that time will be what brings him back up, rather than his actual play and performance.  I hope I'm wrong.  

Also, with the way things have gone, I don't have much hope for him ever becoming a top 6 forward at this point, I'd settle for bottom 6 like mfitz said, but I could be wrong on that point too.  Like we all know, the guy is still young after all...

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Under. It's a confidence thing. He didn't unlearn how to hockey and they're not gonna leave him down there until he's ready to be a top-6 forward, because...well, that'll take some time.

6 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think one of the things that bothers me about the Zacha thing is that his agent is Patrick Stefan. And not in a joking way. I truly feel if anyone should be able to relate to the high pressure of being an early pick and the distraction that comes with it, it would be him. He has to have learned from his experiences and id hope he could pass some of that hindsight to Pavel. 

or maybe he literally taught him how to be a bust

On 11/5/2018 at 10:19 AM, Devil Dan 56 said:

"Almost"

1_GkPw.gif

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

"Almost"

1_GkPw.gif

I know everyone is having fun piling on Zacha , but that GIF is pretty much the point I'm making. Stefan made every mistake you could make and I would think he could reflect on his wasted potential and steer Zacha in the right direction. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I know everyone is having fun piling on Zacha , but that GIF is pretty much the point I'm making. Stefan made every mistake you could make and I would think he could reflect on his wasted potential and steer Zacha in the right direction. 

Honestly, it's fun to joke about Stefan but there's absolutely zero correlation between his ability as a hockey player and his ability as an agent, and certainly none between either of those two things and Zacha's ability to play. It's just funny. 

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, NJDfan1711 said:

I'll probably be wrong, but I'm going to say under 15.  Bratt will be back soon and maybe Noesen will too, but somehow, knock on wood, I'm thinking an injury somewhere in that time will be what brings him back up, rather than his actual play and performance.  I hope I'm wrong.  

Also, with the way things have gone, I don't have much hope for him ever becoming a top 6 forward at this point, I'd settle for bottom 6 like mfitz said, but I could be wrong on that point too.  Like we all know, the guy is still young after all...

😐

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Zacha is back with the big club

Here's hoping he shows something.

Bad news, he won't play tonight because he was supposed to go to Newark, but ended up in Pittsburgh, because...

45411387281_1ae62b32cc_b.jpg

EDIT: This should be an obvious joke, he's still playing. It will only feel like he isn't.

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 2