Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

• 2 years later...

The trade turned into Bahl, Siegenthaler and Dawson Mercer for a half-season of Hall.

If Siegenthaler and Mercer continue to develop on their trajectory and Bahl becomes a regular like it looks like he might, this was a franchise changing move. 

bravo, man.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MB3 said:

The trade turned into Bahl, Siegenthaler and Dawson Mercer for a half-season of Hall.

If Siegenthaler and Mercer continue to develop on their trajectory and Bahl becomes a regular like it looks like he might, this was a franchise changing move. 

bravo, man.

Arguably it will be anyway, even without Bahl. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Arguably it will be anyway, even without Bahl. 

Fitz and Shero are definitely terrific sellers.  And Hall really didn't have much impact at all on the Coyotes while he was there.  That's all he really was as a 'Yote...kinda there.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Fitz and Shero are definitely terrific sellers.  And Hall really didn't have much impact at all on the Coyotes while he was there.  That's all he really was as a 'Yote...kinda there.  

Or Buffalo, and in some respects Boston…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Or Buffalo, and in some respects Boston…

In Boston he was never really expected to be "the" guy...more of a solid complementary piece (and he's being paid as such).  Said it before but Boston is absolutely the perfect team for him.  

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In Boston he was never really expected to be "the" guy...more of a solid complementary piece (and he's being paid as such).  Said it before but Boston is absolutely the perfect team for him.  

I know i am just sh!tting on him because he left and I am a very bitter person lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I know i am just sh!tting on him because he left and I am a very bitter person lol. 

😄

We would've been a lot more bitter if he was here making $10 million AAV and putting up roughly 60 points a year.  Man did the Devils (and Hall, who would've been miserable) dodge a MASSIVE bullet there.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

😄

We would've been a lot more bitter if he was here making $10 million AAV and putting up roughly 60 points a year.  Man did the Devils (and Hall, who would've been miserable) dodge a MASSIVE bullet there.  

I mean that's fair. But it's also rational, and I don't like rational lol. 

• Haha 1

I never liked Hall on the Devils.  I was sour on him from the beginning when he cried that he was traded to the Devils.  He’s a bitch that wants to play on a front runner.  He showed one year that he can be an MVP player, but the rest of his career is just slightly above average.  I wanted him traded right after he became MVP.  That playoff appearance was Hall playing to his ceiling, but not who he is for an entire career, like a Bergeron.

Also, I can’t wait for Dec. 28th when the Devils play the Bruins at the Rock and they punch the Bruins in the face.  I want to see Marchand get crushed along the boards by each of the three members of the BMW line.

9 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

I never liked Hall on the Devils.  I was sour on him from the beginning when he cried that he was traded to the Devils.  He’s a bitch that wants to play on a front runner.  He showed one year that he can be an MVP player, but the rest of his career is just slightly above average.  I wanted him traded right after he became MVP.  That playoff appearance was Hall playing to his ceiling, but not who he is for an entire career, like a Bergeron.

Also, I can’t wait for Dec. 28th when the Devils play the Bruins at the Rock and they punch the Bruins in the face.  I want to see Marchand get crushed along the boards by each of the three members of the BMW line.

I don't really recall him crying about being traded to the Devils, as much as I remember him being bummed about being dealt from Edmonton.  I do think in a different timeline he might have considered sticking around, but the Devils then fall apart in 2018-19, he gets hurt and missed over half the season (but once again was over a PPG for the second straight year as a Devil), then the Devils suck again in 2019-20, and it's simply time to move on for both parties.  I was absolutely open to the idea of him staying beyond his contract at the time...even gambled and bought a pair of 2016-17 Hall GW jerseys prior to the 2018-19 season (and I still wear them...not like the Devils are chock full of MVP winners in their history), and regardless of how things ended, that 2017-18 MVP season memorable and special.  He really was an absolute beast that year, even if that wasn't truly who Hall really was year in and year out.

Yeah based on his injury history up through 2019 and the Devils not having been that good outside of a fun-but-in-reality-only-pretty-good 2017-18, I understood both sides being hesitant to jump in with a huge deal...if Hall had been fully healthy in 2018-19 and wound up around a PPG for the season, maybe Shero gets more aggressive in coming up with an actual offer.  But yeah as fun as Hall was to watch in 2017-18 (that season ranks among the best for a forward in Devils history, no disputing that), I and others absolutely wondered if that was Hall figuring things out and permanently turning a corner and becoming a legit superstar, or if it was more of an "Every Last Thing Breaking Right Career Year" kind of season...well, we got our answer.  The good news is that the Devils didn't have to ever pay top dollar to get that answer; not only were they able to deal him, but they got a return of assets that then became very useful assets.  So we got three and a half seasons out of him (one of which was a blast to have seen), and were able to flip him for what turned into three young players, all of which could wind up being here for a long time.  So no hard feelings on my end.  I don't despise him the way that I do some other ex-Devils.    

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don't really recall him crying about being traded to the Devils, as much as I remember him being bummed about being dealt from Edmonton. 

I don't think it happened. Some quotes:

"It's tough," he said in a conference call. "I have a pretty deep connection to the city of Edmonton. I felt I did everything I could there, so it's pretty hard not to feel slighted, not to feel a little disappointed with the way everything shook out. That's hockey."

"I don't want to sound like I am not excited to join New Jersey,'' Hall said. "That's not the case. I'm a proud person, and I take this as an indictment of me as a hockey player. I don't think there is any other way to treat it. I think it's safe to say I am a very motivated player right now.''

"Just the way everything went down, I still hold a bitter resentment towards them," said Hall about the Oilers, according to NJ.com.

"I'm excited about what I can do here [in New Jersey] and the team I can be on," Hall continued. "I think it's a great change of scenery. I wish the players on that team all the best, but I'm focused and excited about what I can do here."

"[The trade] was a whirlwind," Hall said, "but I think it's going to be a day I look back on, and I think it's going to be a really good thing for me."

I don't have a problem with any of these statements. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don't think it happened. Some quotes:

"It's tough," he said in a conference call. "I have a pretty deep connection to the city of Edmonton. I felt I did everything I could there, so it's pretty hard not to feel slighted, not to feel a little disappointed with the way everything shook out. That's hockey."

"I don't want to sound like I am not excited to join New Jersey,'' Hall said. "That's not the case. I'm a proud person, and I take this as an indictment of me as a hockey player. I don't think there is any other way to treat it. I think it's safe to say I am a very motivated player right now.''

"Just the way everything went down, I still hold a bitter resentment towards them," said Hall about the Oilers, according to NJ.com.

"I'm excited about what I can do here [in New Jersey] and the team I can be on," Hall continued. "I think it's a great change of scenery. I wish the players on that team all the best, but I'm focused and excited about what I can do here."

"[The trade] was a whirlwind," Hall said, "but I think it's going to be a day I look back on, and I think it's going to be a really good thing for me."

I don't have a problem with any of these statements. 

Yes, exactly as I remember it.  Him being more bummed about leaving Edmonton than about having any issues with becoming a Devil.