Hughes or Kakko

Jerzey

Hughes or Kakko?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Shero pick?

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Or maybe....as I just found out...my F'N FIREFOX BROWSER IS MESSING WITH ME!!!  :argh:

I'm now using Chrome.    smh.

Glad you got it figured out. And welcome to the board and don’t mind my ball breaking, in real life I’m mostly normal but my online persona is, at a minimum, extremely bipolar. :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

[youtube]BKRwT-iBCEU[/youtube]   (no youtube tags?)

[yt]BKRwT-iBCEU[/yt]   (Nope?)

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BKRwT-iBCEU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> (copied and pasted embed code)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKRwT-iBCEU

Can't post youtube vids now?    (it's highlights of Jack's Hat Trick)

I found this :

https://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43085-youtube-videos/

But it says the youtube tags were added and are under the quick access on the left panel.

Something tells me that was more for the old board, right?    ('cause I don't see a left panel)

So frustrating for me. 

First it's twitter, now it's youtube.

You remind me of my mom trying to use any sort of technology post 1995. It's very cute haha

But i love my mom which means i love you too

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

You remind me of my mom trying to use any sort of technology post 1995. It's very cute haha

My 12 year old self really wanted to throw a “your mom” joke in here, but I’ll be respectful lol.

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

go right ahead. holding stuff back can develop ulcers 

Something along the lines of:

“But it doesn’t mean that I will sleep with you too.”

It probably would have been funnier if I didn’t totally ruin the context lol. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Something along the lines of:

“But it doesn’t mean that I will sleep with you too.”

It probably would have been funnier if I didn’t totally ruin the context lol. 

well at least it's out of the way and let's just all learn from this

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well at least it's out of the way and let's just all learn from this

Two lessons:

1) It’s funnier in your head, and

2) Just let the joke fly and if it lands, it lands. If it doesn’t, apologize later lol.

Still love you man. But it doesn’t mean that I will sleep with you too. 

;) 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Two lessons:

1) It’s funnier in your head, and

2) Just let the joke fly and if it lands, it lands. If it doesn’t, apologize later lol.

Still love you man. But it doesn’t mean that I will sleep with you too. 

;) 

i think we're a terrible influence for that new kid... 

• Like 1

Kournianos just posted an article that was originally titled "Why Kaapo Kakko Should Take the No 1 Spot from Jack Hughes," but changed the should to could probably to avoid backlash.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/news/nhl-draft-2019-why-kaapo-kakko-should-take-the-no-1-spot-from-jack-hughes/1qadwcslam6ag19z3026ilst6s

I can't tell you how annoying this article is, because there's a few areas that are just blatantly wrong or biased in order to pump up Kakko more. Kourianos is a Rangers fan, and this reads so hard to me as a Rangers fan trying to be like, "Yeauh brah, well we don't care because Kakko is better anyways, brah."

He claims Kakko is a better puck handler than Hughes, and I really can't categorize that as anything other than a blatant lie. Ever since Kourianos posted his first article for MSG claiming that Kakko has an Ovechkin-like shot (also a blatant lie), I've started to take his writing less and less seriously because it's so clearly caked in Rangers bias and he's been spreading misinformation to that brainless fan base in order to create this Kakko hype train. It's so unfathomably annoying.

• Like 1

You can’t be a Ranger fan unless your parents are brother and sister.  It’s a prerequisite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

Kournianos just posted an article that was originally titled "Why Kaapo Kakko Should Take the No 1 Spot from Jack Hughes," but changed the should to could probably to avoid backlash.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/news/nhl-draft-2019-why-kaapo-kakko-should-take-the-no-1-spot-from-jack-hughes/1qadwcslam6ag19z3026ilst6s

I can't tell you how annoying this article is, because there's a few areas that are just blatantly wrong or biased in order to pump up Kakko more. Kourianos is a Rangers fan, and this reads so hard to me as a Rangers fan trying to be like, "Yeauh brah, well we don't care because Kakko is better anyways, brah."

He claims Kakko is a better puck handler than Hughes, and I really can't categorize that as anything other than a blatant lie. Ever since Kourianos posted his first article for MSG claiming that Kakko has an Ovechkin-like shot (also a blatant lie), I've started to take his writing less and less seriously because it's so clearly caked in Rangers bias and he's been spreading misinformation to that brainless fan base in order to create this Kakko hype train. It's so unfathomably annoying.

Eh they are just doing the bidding of their overlords.  The Rangers spin-machine has been in full force since the draft lottery about how Kakko is the better pick than Hughes while everyone outside of there and Vancouver agrees that Hughes is likely the better pick.  I wouldn't take anything seriously from anything Rangers fans or Rangers themselves are going to put out on this.  I can also guarantee if the Devils made the surprise move and draft Kakko first and the Rangers choose Hughes second, their machine would go into overdrive to walk back on their earlier comments and try to act like Hughes was the better pick all along.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

A bunch of people on Twitter were giving him grief & he kept replying - don't just read the headline, read the article. So I figured it was just ClickBait & decided to never read it. They don't make $ if no one clicks on it... 

23 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

A bunch of people on Twitter were giving him grief & he kept replying - don't just read the headline, read the article. So I figured it was just ClickBait & decided to never read it. They don't make $ if no one clicks on it... 

A couple of writers from Pucks and Pitchforks were doing that exact same thing last year in the Devils FB groups. 

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

A couple of writers from Pucks and Pitchforks were doing that exact same thing last year in the Devils FB groups. 

P & P is the worst Devils site ever.  Painful reading.  Basically, if a nothing like a Nick Lappin scores 5 goals in his first 5 AHL games to start the season, right away it’s “Well why isn’t he on the big club?”  Those writers know very little.

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

P & P is the worst Devils site ever.  Painful reading.  Basically, if a nothing like a Nick Lappin scores 5 goals in his first 5 AHL games to start the season, right away it’s “Well why isn’t he on the big club?”  Those writers know very little.

Yeah P & P is pretty awful.  Most people in the FB groups roll their eyes at them but a surprising amount actually take their stuff pretty seriously.  Even worse are their writers who go in there and act like they are writers for TSN and just know better than everyone else.  In reality, when P & P used to put an ad out for writers it basically amounted to that all you need was to be a fan of the Devils, have access to a computer and have a pulse and you are in.

6 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

It's too bad if that's what he's turning into since in the past he has kept homerism out of his draft analysis and was a good guest on the Devils Insiders podcast for last year's draft. 

I have a feeling that Kakko may end up being in the echelon of "Very Good players but not Great" when all is said and done, while it's only Jack who ends up being The Real Deal in the long run.

Maybe the Rags and their fans realize this....which is why they're trying to pump up Kakko more.

3 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

I have a feeling that Kakko may end up being in the echelon of "Very Good players but not Great" when all is said and done, while it's only Jack who ends up being The Real Deal in the long run.

Maybe the Rags and their fans realize this....which is why they're trying to pump up Kakko more.

and none of that would go on here with Hughes, I would bet they're both studs in the end with no huge difference. I would expect both to struggle some in the first few months. We'll see if Hughes size catches up to him a little sooner with the mid-season wall.

4 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Yup. Everyone thinks their chick is the hottest even though the really hot girl wouldn’t give you the time of day. Same concept. If they had the #1 they’d be all about Hughes. 

Of course by everyone, I mean all of you guys, not me, I always get the time of day. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, titans04 said:

and none of that would go on here with Hughes, I would bet they're both studs in the end with no huge difference. I would expect both to struggle some in the first few months. We'll see if Hughes size catches up to him a little sooner with the mid-season wall.

Who knows?   That could end up being True as well but I'm leaning toward my argument