• Jamie Drysdale
    • Cole Perfetti
    • Marco Rossi
    • Lucas Raymond
    • Alexander Holtz
    • Jake Sanderson
    • Other

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'd totally trade subban to move up 2 spots... 

But i'd also totally trade Subban to move down 2 spots

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

You’d trade Subban from a plane, you’d trade Subban from a train.

1231E972-50AB-45E7-B6F5-733896427F73.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, moustic said:

I'm more concerned at taking Askarov at 7 than trading too much to gain 2 spots ... But they know way better than me.
Taking at 7 a goalie is not sexy for sure... 

Carey price, MA Fleurry, and Vasilevsky were 1st rounders. They're doing pretty decent? If we picked him, we'd own the best goalie prospect in hockey.

2 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Carey price, MA Fleurry, and Vasilevsky were 1st rounders. They're doing pretty decent? If we picked him, we'd own the best goalie prospect in hockey.

Carey Price is not the best example of what elite goaltending can do for a team. The Habs have never even made a Cup run with him, and that contract is debilitating. 

4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Carey Price is not the best example of what elite goaltending can do for a team. The Habs have never even made a Cup run with him, and that contract is debilitating. 

For a guy who’s put up some good career numbers, he’s actually rather erratic from season to season.  

Sanderson or raymond. drysdale would be very good but not perfect. after fitz interview I'm intrigued because before it i was sure rossi is #1 candidate. But after i don`t think so. And i think quinn is high on devils priority list. It was a very interesting and informative interview.

Edited by Guadana

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

Sanderson or raymond. drysdale would be very good but not perfect. after fitz interview I'm intrigued because before it i was sure rossi is #1 candidate. But after i don`t think so. And i think quinn is high on devils priority list. It was a very interesting and informative interview.

If we’re going for a goal scorer I’d probably rather Quinn over Holtz tbh. At least Quinn is a play driver and is more than just a shot. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

If we’re going for a goal scorer I’d probably rather Quinn over Holtz tbh. At least Quinn is a play driver and is more than just a shot. 

I have to say we finally agree on something =-D. I think if Quinn is third on the list, and the first two are gone by our pick, it makes sense to make a trade back.

14 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I have to say we finally agree on something =-D. I think if Quinn is third on the list, and the first two are gone by our pick, it makes sense to make a trade back.

We agree on some other stuff. I’m also really high on Sanderson for one thing. Seems like Rossi is the main area we are far apart on. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We agree on some other stuff. I’m also really high on Sanderson for one thing. Seems like Rossi is the main area we are far apart on. 

I think I was too critical of Rossi. But I don't think it's a good idea to use him on the wing. He looks like a very good player as the center where he played all of his career. Using Hischier or Hughes on the wing doesn't seem like a good idea to me either.

Just now, Guadana said:

I think I was too critical of Rossi. But I don't think it's a good idea to use him on the wing. He looks like a very good player as the center where he played all of his career. Using Hischier or Hughes on the wing doesn't seem like a good idea to me either.

That’s fair. I think Rossi could be effective on the wing, but I definitely want Nico and Jack kept at center. Hughes on the wing was brutal.

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That’s fair. I think Rossi could be effective on the wing, but I definitely want Nico and Jack kept at center. Hughes on the wing was brutal.

Hughes was brutal, thats truth, and Nico has proven to be a good center at the NHL level.
Rossi is very good at reading areas, but board battling and board-to the-net moving isn`t his trump. Using Rossi on the wing will not give the devils maximum profit, and Rossi will not be able to perform here as well as he can. 
I do not know how the draft will be held now. Maybe after two D and Raymond Fitzgerald will take Rossi, but otherwise - I don't have that confidence anymore.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

He wasn’t exactly an all star at center. 

You’re so predictable lol. I almost even included you in that post. 

But if you watch breakdown videos Jack actually was far better at center. He made some defensive plays that are easy to miss just casually watching the games. 

And he’s also really good at zone entries. He’s much better with the puck on his stick. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

You’re so predictable lol. I almost even included you in that post. 

But if you watch breakdown videos Jack actually was far better at center. He made some defensive plays that are easy to miss just casually watching the games. 

And he’s also really good at zone entries. He’s much better with the puck on his stick. 

We’ll much like our defense or Kim Kardashian, you left a tremendous opening there lol. 

Edited by mfitz804

Now that the draft is just a day away, I think I've decided that Raymond is the player I'm hoping for. It really is close between him, Rossi, and Sanderson, but at the end of the day, Raymond's upside is just ridiculous. He would look really good on Nico's wing for the foreseeable future.  I think he's transitioning his game to being more of a scorer as well. He'll still always be a playmaker first, but he's learning to use his shot, which has improved significantly.

But to be honest, it would be hard to be disappointed with whoever the Devils select. Rossi is the type of player that you know will make your team better. He has very high hockey IQ, and is great defensively. He can play in all situations, and will outwork anybody. He may not be as explosive as someone like Raymond, but he's got loads of talent that I believe will translate to the NHL. And you don't lead the CHL in scoring by just getting lucky.

Sanderson, in my mind, is a Ryan Suter type of defenseman. He may never be prime Erik Karlsson when it comes to contributing offensively, but he'll be someone who can play big minutes every single night. And also like Ryan Suter, he can quietly be quite productive offensively. Plus his skating is really good.

Holtz's shot is enough of a selling point, but his playmaking ability is getting underrated. We're not talking about a one dimensional player here, but put him in the right surroundings, and he'll be a productive scorer at the NHL level. Unless the entire rest of his game completely stops, there's just no way a shot like that doesn't translate to goals at the NHL level.

Drysdale may not be quite as physical or defensively advanced as Sanderson, but he'll follow that Makar/Q. Hughes/Shea Theodore mold that we saw was so effective in the playoffs. It's tough to say whether he will reach the potential of any of those other players, but GMs are going to be after a player who can skate like that and contribute offensively from the blue line, like Drysdale can.

You really can't go wrong with any of these players. And we can guarantee that more than one will be available at 7

• Like 1

here's a good article basically covering the 2 players im less sure about. Perfetti and Holtz

https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2020/10/2/21457830/cole-perfetti-new-jersey-devils-nhl-mock-draft-2020

Basically Perfetti's bread and butter is his hockey IQ. Not the fastest but can make up for it with his smart. He's been compared to Kucherov in another article. I guess we could compare to Elias in a way because of his high Hockey IQ.

Perfetti isn`t a kucherov type of player. I`m little bit dissapoint about allaboutthejersey. Like they didn`t watch his game, only highlights.
Perfetti is a best player on this draft. If you talk about hands. But his legs. His skating is on Wood`sy shmoodsy level, but his speed is on Prout`sy smoutsy level. Because of skating,he can't react as effectively to the game. He is not involved in any movement of the puck.

If future Perfetti`s team pick up big, well-skating dynamic hockey players for him, it will be absolutely fantastique line. It's a pity, but we already have two centers and no big, well-skating dynamic hockey players.

______
copy paste my review massage from hfboards

Shift by shift game of Perfetti
0-48 He lost 2 steps against D. But he play well with his stick. Is it work in nhl? I don`t think so.
0-59 He cant start to take the puck
2-28 he didnt go to the bench so we can think it`s a smart positioning or lazy staing on blue line and waiting for the puck. i really don`t know here, may be it`s a coaching decision
2-40 he is very slow here but he used his body to protect the puck pretty well
3-06 he`s trying to make a breakout and skate in 90 degree angle. It`s a mark of bad skating technique, especially for that kind of speed movement.
3-19 he could start faster and make a shot but he didn`t and defensman made a pokechek
5-48 he cant make a breakout but as always he made great passing decision
8-31 he falls. miles wood can be better in situation like this
8-42 he should going to the puck and protect the zone but he can`t
9-04 great work and... legs against hands
11-09 he doesn`t use acceleration. may be trying in two or three steps. he doesn`t use it anywhen.
14-10 he`s trying to catch defensman but defensman doesnt do anything to stay away from pursuer but distance doesn`t change
16-06 another "why did he fall?" moment
17-54 he made a turn, should take a speed out of that, take a puck and... made a good pass, but if not - opponents would have eaten him. They caught up with him in just two steps.
21-44 he can make a breakout here, he used his hands here very smart but his speed wasnt there and defensman take the puck
23-35 he can take the puck here, defensman didnt move, but he even didnt start and defensman was first here

I was write about his skating and speed or starting speed only.
What can we understand from this game? He is ... absolutely FANTASTIQUE player on his level. His positional decisions are great, he compensate all of his skating problem by his decision making. He is absolutely great passer, he made some mistakes but everybody did. He has brilliant hands and made pokecheks here and there. Puck won't pass through him. He made a lot of captures. He protects puck pretty well, he used his body and make his shifty passes. I think he is so high intellegent player with freaking awesone iq. I think he is better than Lafrenier in any of aspects where he is good.

But his skating ability... He is ridiculously bad at it. He skates bad, he loses his balance, he cant start, he cant skate fast. He compensate it as he can. But it`s a real red flag for him. If you are general manager you can`t ignore it. You MUST to think who will be his partners who can make all of the job they`ll have to.
Perfetti doesn`t exist in active forechek. He play all of the game pretty passive when his team hasn`t a puck. He`s trying to take a good position but he still is to pasive in defensive playing and cant grab the puck in competitions. His two way game isn`t as bad - he can make takeaways, when the puck around him, he will grab it and will make a fast pass, but in NHL coaches will ask much more.

Anyway i think he will be a great partner for Eichel or even Mcdavid. Or Barkov. Especially Barkov i think. But i cant imagine who can be a great partner for him in the Devils prganisation and who will compensate his problems.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 7:03 AM, Guadana said:

Hockeyprospects.com interesting  1-31 is a little different than most. Askarov isn't in top 31? Quinn #6? 2-3 others not typically mentioned til 2nd round in their top 31 (Evagelista, Sam Johannssen, & Tristen Robins) Sanderson @ 5  Drysdale @ 12. 

5 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Hockeyprospects.com interesting  1-31 is a little different than most. Askarov isn't in top 31? Quinn #6? 2-3 others not typically mentioned til 2nd round in their top 31 (Evagelista, Sam Johannssen, & Tristen Robins) Sanderson @ 5  Drysdale @ 12. 

I think Sanderson will be #4 and Quinn will be top 10. 
Robins  is mysterious pick. He can be everywhere from top 20 to the third round. 
I cant imagine Askarov will be available for the second round. There are too  many teams without potential vezina finalist in system.
My dream pick is Sanderson or Raymond. My expected pick is Drysdale.

Edited by Guadana