GDT4: *PLEASE LET IT BE SCHNEIDER IN NET* Edition - Devils @ ISLANDERS - 7 PM - MSG+, MSG+2

Devs3cups

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I’m sure we all would have signed up for 2-1-1 through the first 4 games. 

Hopefully Nico and the boys are close...

I'll take 2-1-1 especially with what we've seen from they young guys. They're really carrying right now. The vets need to come through.

• Like 1

Just now, titans04 said:

burn the tape, turn the page. Pray Mac is back.

Yup, delete the DVR and forget this one. 

Just now, EdgeControl said:

At least palms is a free agent after this, pk we need to live with one more year after this.. 

I was not in favor of trading him when that was the rumor last year, and he has me second guessing that. 

8 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

2 good chances by Goose in the 3rd. That'll surely help his confidence. You get the feeling that once he gets one, they'll keep on coming.

Won’t hurt when he has a more worthy center on his line as well.  Nico can’t come back soon enough...

Saw some good things from the young guys. Smith had a good game. Hughes had some flashes and nice plays, but you could see the Isles were all over him, they got the memo lol. The 4th line was also great. Still excited for the next one.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, delete the DVR and forget this one. 

I was not in favor of trading him when that was the rumor last year, and he has me second guessing that. 

It’s still early, but through these four games, he doesn’t look like the same player.  Not sure what’s going on with him...hope he figures it out.  

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Won’t hurt when he has a more worthy center on his line as well.  Nico can’t come back soon enough...

Palms is certainly missing Nico, and Gusev is missing Bratt. 

Not excusing either one’s poor play, they’ve been terrible, but we’ll know more when they get their guys back.  

3 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Saw some good things from the young guys. Smith had a good game. Hughes had some pflashes and nice plays, but you could see the Isles were all over him, they got the memo lol. The 4th line was also great. Still excited for the next one.

Isles have a vet defence core and great coaching. Rags have neither. I'm not surprised it was harder/not possible for Jack to carry the offense like he did against the Rags. 

2 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

A team needs some talent as well.

Disappointing that Blackwood is on IR. 

Next

I'm not worried about our talent nor our coaching tbh. I like Ruff so far, and the young guys are playing good. With that said, a few of our core pieces will do wonders for this team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Saw some good things from the young guys. Smith had a good game. Hughes had some pflashes and nice plays, but you could see the Isles were all over him, they got the memo lol. The 4th line was also great. Still excited for the next one.

I think we have something in Ty. I shouldn’t get too overhyped just yet, as I thought the same thing after Butcher’s rookie season, but it’s not just compiling points like Butcher did (during Hall’s MVP year). Ty actually looks the part. He’s silky smooth, makes great first passes, has a knack for getting his shot through, and the game doesn’t seem too fast for him. Very impressed so far. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I think we have something in Ty. I shouldn’t get too overhyped just yet, as I thought the same thing after Butcher’s rookie season, but it’s not just compiling points like Butcher did (during Hall’s MVP year). Ty actually looks the part. He’s silky smooth, makes great first passes, has a knack for getting his shot through, and the game doesn’t seem too fast for him. Very impressed so far. 

100%. His play without the puck and transition game are way better imo. He's also more poised, his skating is smoother and better overall. I see why you're getting caught up in your Butcher hype, but I think the difference is obvious in their overall play. Butcher was almost 23 when he made his NHL debut also, Smith is 20. 

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

100%. His play without the puck and transition game are way better imo. He's also more poised, his skating is smoother and better overall. I see why you're getting caught up in your Butcher hype, but I think the difference is obvious in their overall play. Butcher was almost 23 when he made his NHL debut also, Smith is 20. 

Yep. And Butcher can’t skate for sh!t. That’s usually hard to overcome for a hockey player lol

still I’d rather see him in there over Tennyson. 

• Like 1

The only issue with Ty is his size. He got pushed around a bit tonight, and twice was unable to hold the point because he has no reach. Aside from that, I’m really encouraged. I think he’s a way better version of Butcher and that’s why Will is still watching hockey instead of playing hockey. 

• Like 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

What i absolutely cannot understand is that whenever i play NHL21... im scoring at least 2 goals a game with Johnsson... yet... he's not doing anything in real life. What is he becoming so useless suddenly? Makes no sense. 

It might be because one is a video game and one is reality. 

• Like 1