My new project: NJ Devils Goalie Puck Collection

mfitz804

I have decided to set out to try to collect an autographed puck from every player who ever played goalie for the Devils. I have a pretty good jump on it (I have 20), and I am looking for help in trying to complete the set.

Because I don't do anything like a normal person for the most part, I have launched a website and blog. I plan to try to seek out collectors who may have ones I need, and use social media and see if I can find any that way. I guess its just something to do. 

I asked DevilMinder if it was OK to post it here, and he gave me his blessing. I feel like the more eyes I can get on it the better. If anyone thinks they can help, wants to try, "knows a guy" or just wants to watch me fail miserably, the site is:

http://www.thepuckproject.com

There you will find the list of what I have, what I need (getting more obscure as we go on), and I plan to take a trip through my collection in the blog. 

I appreciate any assistance anyone can render. Thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Cool idea. At least you can thank Marty for making this easier cause it feels like if he wasn't here all this that it would be really impossible lol

Yes and no. There are a bunch of guys who played only a handful of games over the years because Marty was playing them all. Try to find a Rich Shulmistra or Peter Sidorkiewicz or Jeff Reese or JF Damphousse signed Devils puck!

I’m not above trying to find these guys on social media and trying to convince them. 

• Like 1

Also my one suggestion for the blog is to separate the names you have and you need into bullet points or at least full line spaces and add the years and amount of games they played for the Devils in chronological order. Cleans it all up a bit to me and kinda adds the rarity of some of the names to the whole thing. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes and no. There are a bunch of guys who played only a handful of games over the years because Marty was playing them all. Try to find a Rich Shulmistra or Peter Sidorkiewicz or Jeff Reese or JF Damphousse signed Devils puck!

I’m not above trying to find these guys on social media and trying to convince them. 

Thats true but we could have really had a crazy rotation if he didn't plus all those random names.... I have so much random Devils stuff, most in boxes but I actually might have a JF signed puck cause I have some random names from things I've gotten over the years at games and sth related events. If I find one I'll definitely let you know. 

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Thats true but we could have really had a crazy rotation if he didn't plus all those random names.... I have so much random Devils stuff, most in boxes but I actually might have a JF signed puck cause I have some random names from things I've gotten over the years at games and sth related events. If I find one I'll definitely let you know. 

That’s the kind of stuff I need to find, I know guys got stuff signed at STH events that they don’t even care about and don’t know they have. If you find one and are willing to sell, lemme know!

21 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also my one suggestion for the blog is to separate the names you have and you need into bullet points or at least full line spaces and add the years and amount of games they played for the Devils in chronological order. Cleans it all up a bit to me and kinda adds the rarity of some of the names to the whole thing. 

That part is sloppy and does need work, you are correct. 

Cool idea.  Question, and maybe a stupid one, but...does the autograph have to be on a Devils puck? I.e. Jeff Reese played for Tampa and I may know someone who has his autograph on a Lightning puck.  I'm assuming you don't want that, but just wanted to ask, since having it would still make you technically have one from every goalie who played for the Devils....

Also, how many goalies actually have played for us up until today?  Too lazy to look it up. 

Edit:. I checked out your site and I can see you very clearly answer my question lol.  Nevermind.  If you get stuck and start looking for sigs on other teams pucks, I'll see if I can help. 

Edited by NJDfan1711

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s the kind of stuff I need to find, I know guys got stuff signed at STH events that they don’t even care about and don’t know they have. If you find one and are willing to sell, lemme know!

That part is sloppy and does need work, you are correct. 

If I find one I'll let you know and you can have it. I'm not as organized as a lot of you guys so my stuff is basically in plastic containers and hasn't ever really been sorted so it will be kind of the luck of the draw if I find it lol 

One of these days I'll do a Devils room or some sort of display but its just low on my list of things to do.

Edited by Satans Hockey

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, Satans Hockey said:

@Satans Hockey, I don’t suppose you found that puck, did you?

Incidentally, I am down to 14 pucks on my “to get” list, one of which is in the mail, and another which was promised to me by the player, who I reached via Instagram. 

I have several other pucks out in the mail to people that may or may not ever get received, signed and/or returned. 

The most surprising one to me is Aaron Dell. Current player but I cannot find a signed puck anywhere. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

@Satans Hockey, I don’t suppose you found that puck, did you?

Nope I would have let you known if I did and if I come across it I'll definitely let you know. I've been going through a box every few days but I really have a stupid amount of Devils stuff, I knew it was a lot but it's really ridiculous now going through it lol I've had everything in rubbermaid boxes but not in any sort of order so I've been organizing now as I'm going and killing 2 birds with 1 stone lol

Edited by Satans Hockey

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Incidentally, I am down to 14 pucks on my “to get” list, one of which is in the mail, and another which was promised to me by the player, who I reached via Instagram. 

I have several other pucks out in the mail to people that may or may not ever get received, signed and/or returned. 

The most surprising one to me is Aaron Dell. Current player but I cannot find a signed puck anywhere. 

He is on Insta and seems like a cool dude. Maybe give him a shout. 

5 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

He is on Insta and seems like a cool dude. Maybe give him a shout. 

I did and he has not responded. Will try again in a while, so as not to be too aggressive. 

21 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Nope I would have let you known if I did and if I come across it I'll definitely let you know. I've been going through a box every few days but I really have a stupid amount of Devils stuff, I knew it was a lot but it's really ridiculous now going through it lol I've had everything in rubbermaid boxes but not in any sort of order so I've been organizing now as I'm going and killing 2 birds with 1 stone lol

It is crazy how much stuff we can accumulate!!

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I did and he has not responded. Will try again in a while, so as not to be too aggressive. 

It is crazy how much stuff we can accumulate!!

His Mrs is pregnant so might have a bit going on.