GDT: Boston @ Devils 1:00 PM MSG+, NHLN

MadDog2020

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Speaking of point totals…Mercer has been SO “everywhere” and noticeable so far that it almost seems surprising that he has “only” 10 points through 13 games.  And that’s not a knock in the slightest…more that he’s just looked so good at that it feels like he should have even more points than he already does.  This kid has been so much fun to watch.

Agree totally. It’s nice to have a player that you wonder every game what he’s going to do next. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Speaking of point totals…Mercer has been SO “everywhere” and noticeable so far that it almost seems surprising that he has “only” 10 points through 13 games.  And that’s not a knock in the slightest…more that he’s just looked so good at that it feels like he should have even more points than he already does.  This kid has been so much fun to watch.

He's had a handful of games where he had no points and still made an impact in a positive way. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It has to be the one player I fvcking can't stand. 

I sure don't love Brad Marchand against us but I love the player. One of the most unique talents in the NHL ... ever. Who can you compare him to? I can't think of anyone. Stan Fischler compared him to Ted Lindsay, but I'm not old enough to remember his playing days.

Edited by Jerrydevil

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Agree totally. It’s nice to have a player that you wonder every game what he’s going to do next. 

Yeah he’s every bit that.  I think Jack can be that too, if he can stay healthy.

3 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

I sure don't love Brad Marchand against us but I love the player. One of the most unique talents in the NHL ... ever. Who can you compare him to? I can't think of anyone. Stan Fischler compared him to Ted Lindsay, but I'm not old enough to remember his playing days.

I hate him. I hate him more than I ever hated Sean Avery.

I simply don’t understand NHL officiating. I’ve watched hockey my whole life and I still don’t understand what should and shouldn’t be a call. 

Devils looked good today despite the loss. Maybe a half step slow with decisions and a little too fancy, probably from the afternoon start. 

33 minutes ago, MB3 said:

He’s a dirty hockey player who actively tries to hurt other people. He throws dirty elbows behind the play and then runs away from retaliation. 

Anyone who actually “loves the player” is someone I hope I never have the misfortune of meeting in real life. 

I have to agree. Love the skill part, maybe, but the player is a douche. 

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

He’s a dirty hockey player who actively tries to hurt other people. He throws dirty elbows behind the play and then runs away from retaliation. 

He also works very hard at what he does and is a premier penalty killer as well as scorer. Of course, I don't like the cheap shots, but pests play on the edge, and sometimes they cross the line. I've always liked what the pest brings to hockey. I do like that there are guys willing to don the black hat. It makes things colorful. The licking was gross, though. 

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

He’s caused four concussions due to dirty elbows in his career. “Don the black hat”? You’re the same guy who thought the NHL came down too hard on the Blackhawks, right? 

checks out. 

The day Marchand gets inducted into the Hall of Fame is going to be a very hard day for you. Send me your address, I'll send you a bouquet.

1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

The day Marchand gets inducted into the Hall of Fame is going to be a very hard day for you. Send me your address, I'll send you a bouquet.

I don’t think he’s saying he’s not a Hall of Famer. You can be both a Hall of Famer and a d!ckhead.