• Draft Slafkovsky
    • Draft Nemec
    • Draft Jiricek
    • Trade down
    • Trade for immediate help
    • Draft Cooley
    • Other

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

if Ty can show up and be 2019 Ty, that's a big old gamechanger. 

But yeah

Graves - Hamilton

Hughes - Nemec

Siegenthaler - Severson

This is sexy

Then you have Bahl, Mukh and Walsh in the pipeline ready to step in

This is a deep group and this is how you win

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

But yeah

Graves - Hamilton

Hughes - Nemec

Siegenthaler - Severson

This is sexy

Bahl, Muk and Walsh are already far ahead of Semec on the depth chart and development timeline.

3 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Elite is a stretch for a player that doesn't necessarily stand out. It's not a deep draft this year so elite is relative. Elite compared to other prospects in this draft or elite because what he brings to the table. I don't think that has been clarified. 

I'm sure the Alexander Daigles and Patrik Stefans were called elite at one time too.

He does stand out though. Did you watch any of the World’s? Both him and Slaf looked great in that tournament. 

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

The best part about drafting Semec is that it makes Smith more expendable. 

Can you at least get the kid’s name right? You’re awful upset over a player you clearly aren’t very familiar with…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Bahl, Muk and Walsh are already far ahead of Semec on the depth chart and development timeline.

Well Fitz said that he's looking to build a good team now AND long-term. Trying to get the youngest top players with your picks is certainly part of building for the future. So we don't have to rush them in and while its taking longer to get out of this slump, we'll likely stay out of it for longer too. Compared to like.. Vegas, who are already trending down cause they went all-in / win-now every years completely disregarding the future. They are systematically setting themselves up for a long long stretch of suckness

Also his name is "Nemec" lol

The best part of all of this is you could change the names and it would be EXACTLY what would have happened if we took Makar in 2017. 

Two people said we should. 

We skipped over the consensus guy we should have taken (Wright).

We drafted a defenseman with a high pick. 

Only difference is that we’re better situated offensively right now; the meltdown would have been worse in 2017 because we needed offense desperately. 

I’m not saying that Nemec will ever be Makar, but the irony in tonight’s reaction is amazing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He does stand out though. Did you watch any of the World’s? Both him and Slaf looked great in that tournament. 

Look if he pans out into the elite NHL player people are making him out to be then I'll donate 100 bucks to this site.

Right now, to me, he looks like a guy who's too talented to be playing in the subpar league he's in. I did see his play at World's and while it's exceptional it still doesn't mean it translates. World's, other leagues are miles below the talent in the NHL. 

We'll see in a couple of years

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Well Fitz said that he's looking to build a good team now AND long-term. Trying to get the youngest top players with your picks is certainly part of building for the future. So we don't have to rush them in and while its taking longer to get out of this slump, we'll likely stay out of it for longer too. Compared to like.. Vegas, who are already trending down cause they went all-in / win-now every years completely disregarding the future. They are systematically setting themselves up for a long long stretch of suckness

Also his name is "Nemec" lol

The pick causes drinking lol

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The best part of all of this is you could change the names and it would be EXACTLY what would have happened if we took Makar in 2017. 

Two people said we should. 

We skipped over the consensus guy we should have taken (Wright).

We drafted a defenseman with a high pick. 

Only difference is that we’re better situated offensively right now; the meltdown would have been worse in 2017 because we needed offense desperately. 

I’m not saying that Nemec will ever be Makar, but the irony in tonight’s reaction is amazing. 

Who is the other person complaining about 2017? I was thankful it was only one poster.

Edited by devlman

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

c'mon dude, tell me your argument isn't "Players drafted 3 years ago are further developed than this kid we drafted an hour ago". 

Huh? I quoted SD about his lineup post and depth chart. Refer to that.

Just now, MB3 said:

Are you under the impression we should be drafting players with, uh, NHL experience? In the NHL entry draft?

With the second overall pick, the Devils select Adam Fox from the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League. 

No you said something to the effect of comparing Nemec to Bahl by implying that Nemec has as much experience as Bahl has had in 3 seasons

18 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

But yeah

Graves - Hamilton

Hughes - Nemec

Siegenthaler - Severson

This is sexy

Yeah, that is a pretty young and deep d-corps. 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Are you under the impression we should be drafting players with, uh, NHL experience? In the NHL entry draft?

With the second overall pick, the Devils select Adam Fox from the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League. 

Sh!t that would have been a good pick in retrospect. 

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Thankful I only saw devsman84 railing against not taking Makar.

You probably only looked here.