2022 Training Camp thread

MadDog2020

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Should it be a better watch for a better guy's number? I mean Dawson is a second year player, what if he had that number for 4-5 years, should he get a higher end Rolex?

I don’t think that matters. I have something you want. If you want it, you’re going to have to pay. I’d want the best Rolex I could get no matter what my status on the team lol. On a side note, if someone trades Judge his 61st HR ball for anything less than a large pile of cash, they need to be committed. 

Edited by MadDog2020

25 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

On a side note, if someone trades Judge his 61st HR ball for anything less than a large pile of cash, they need to be committed. 

I never understand that. "I just wanted to give it back to him". No possible way I would ever do that. I can imagine they really put pressure on you to do it, too. 

• Like 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I never understand that. "I just wanted to give it back to him". No possible way I would ever do that. I can imagine they really put pressure on you to do it, too. 

I would never cave. You want the ball? Cool. I don’t wanna work anymore, so pay up. You can certainly afford to. I’d want $4 million. 

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I would never cave. You want the ball? Cool. I don’t wanna work anymore, so pay up. You can certainly afford to. I’d want $4 million. 

Yup, that sounds about right. I've trained my whole career turning down large sums of money, could I do it when its MY money? I think I could. 

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

"Feels healthy" and 100% are maybe not the same thing, but its encouraging.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, that sounds about right. I've trained my whole career turning down large sums of money, could I do it when its MY money? I think I could. 

"Feels healthy" and 100% are maybe not the same thing, but its encouraging.

No autographed anything is acceptable, unless it’s on a large check. 

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’m not a huge McLeod fan to begin with but if it comes out officially that he was part of that they can fire him into the sun. 

The fact that aside from his ability on faceoffs, he can be replaced with literally anyone makes this an even easier call if he is involved. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’m not a huge McLeod fan to begin with but if it comes out officially that he was part of that they can fire him into the sun. 

Feels like there's too much smoke around him with all this so there's probably a fire there. He also sucks on the ice so doesn't seem like he's remotely worth any distraction. Just cut bait and move on. 

16 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Those watches are ugly and expensive.

I'm not a "watch guy" (though I do have a nice watch), but I looked through their web page and disliked most of them. I find a Rolex more appealing. 

Boqvist also got a Hublot from Tatar last year. Maybe its a thing. 

If what I saw on the website is correct, $7,600.00 price on Boqvist's watch. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I would rather have the money vs the watch. I've never owned and would never wear a watch

Me too, honestly, but if we made what hockey players made, its like "oh great, more money, thanks man". The watch takes a little more thought (by someone, do I think Palat went watch shopping for Mercer? No.), and maybe its a little token to hang onto. 

• Like 1

Well now that Tom said that, some fans will take it as an unshakable promise completely ignoring any possible context and players health through the season lol IF everything goes well we should push for a playoffs spot and have a shot. But if we get injuries like we did last year, it's still not going to happen.

Our entire top 9  and top 4 d could die in a bus crash and we'd have to play junior players the entire season and some fans would still be like "Fitz PROMISED we'd make the playoffs this season but then sat on his hand all year and the season was over by december 🤬 and now we're getting another lottery pick!"

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well now that Tom said that, some fans will take it as an unshakable promise completely ignoring any possible context and players health through the season lol IF everything goes well we should push for a playoffs spot and have a shot. But if we get injuries like we did last year, it's still not going to happen.

Our entire top 9  and top 4 d could die in a bus crash and we'd have to play junior players the entire season and some fans would still be like "Fitz PROMISED we'd make the playoffs this season but then sat on his hand all year and the season was over by december 🤬 and now we're getting another lottery pick!"

Yup. I just don’t know what fans want to hear. Should he say we are going to blow an entire field of goats again? 

For me, what he says is just about irrelevant. Show us. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

You’re starting a little early with the straw man argument this year. No one even said anything. 

• Like 1