Your New Jersey Devils Regular Season Thread: 2022-2023 Edition

Crisis

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How many of those guys are PPG because of McDavid? I mean, the guy has 72 points in 37 games, his linemates obviously benefit greatly from that. 

Drai and RNH are both centers. I would think the majority of the points they get off of McDavid would only come on the power play. 

Edited by Nicomo

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Drai and RNH are both centers. I would think the majority of the points they get off of McDavid would only come on the power play. 

Hyman is 100% in that category because of McDavid though, I would think. I suspect you think so as well since you didn’t mention him lol. 

McDavid does have 37 power play points this far. Fvcking guy is PPG if you take out his 5 on 5 points, that’s astounding. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Hyman is 100% in that category because of McDavid though, I would think. I suspect you think so as well since you didn’t mention him lol. 

He’s really the only one though. The other 2 can drive their own lines. Especially Drai. Which explains why a guy like Jack (whose team’s offense really does all run through him) currently has a higher WAR. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

McDavid does have 37 power play points this far. Fvcking guy is PPG if you take out his 5 on 5 points, that’s astounding. 

It is.

But nothing will ever top the fact that even if you take away every one of Gretzky’s 894 goals he’d still be the all time points leader. That blew my mind when I first heard it. 

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He’s really the only one though. The other 2 can drive their own lines. Especially Drai. Which explains why a guy like Jack (whose team’s offense really does all run through him) currently has a higher WAR. 

Even still, that’s the difference between a generational player and a great player. The generational guy likeMcDacid can’t help but improve the players around him. 

I would add, RNH has never been PPG in his career, so I think his numbers bear some examination. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Even still, that’s the difference between a generational player and a great player. The generational guy likeMcDacid can’t help but improve the players around him. 

I would add, RNH has never been PPG in his career, so I think his numbers bear some examination. 

Anyway, Jack Hughes is really fvcking good, and we’re getting him for a bargain!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It is.

But nothing will ever top the fact that even if you take away every one of Gretzky’s 894 goals he’d still be the all time points leader. That blew my mind when I first heard it. 

52 goals and 163 assists in 85-86 for 215 points. Our team had 300 goals total that season. That’s just crazy. 

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Anderson has a .935 save% over his last 8 GP and UBL has a .925 save% over his last 5 GP.  Their goaltending appears to be headed in the right direction as is…we’ll see if they can keep that up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Anderson has a .935 save% over his last 8 GP and UBL has a .925 save% over his last 5 GP.  Their goaltending appears to be headed in the right direction as is…we’ll see if they can keep that up.

Yeah, that article makes no sense. Luukkonen is held in pretty high regard in terms of his future. They aren’t going to give that up for a reclamation project that may or may not pan out. 

1 minute ago, ajsgolf said:

https://www.star-fashionshop.com/collections/nhl-sneaker-shoes-1/products/winsg3162?variant=1000010194864554
Would consider something like this as a joke but the way they’re playing the only place these sneakers should be stepping is in dog sh!t.  Am guessing someone here would buy these and wear them though.

I'm kinda surprised they're not mostly black and white with "Shoe" written on them in script.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

https://www.star-fashionshop.com/collections/nhl-sneaker-shoes-1/products/winsg3162?variant=1000010194864554
Would consider something like this as a joke but the way they’re playing the only place these sneakers should be stepping is in dog sh!t.  Am guessing someone here would buy these and wear them though.

They're horrendous. Wanna embroider a Devils crest on the side of the heel of some AF1's? I might buy a pair to wear to games. 

10 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

i'dpersonally  walk in scorching hot broken glass rather than wearing these

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i'dpersonally  walk in scorching hot broken glass rather than wearing these

I feel like the next person who wants to place one of those "it will never happen" bets should have to buy and wear those shoes if they lose. 

That person will not be me lol. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Why do those remind me of Seth Green in Can’t Hardly Wait?

image.png.f817a1d9600a0235bf3b7a87bba37613.png

That movie has the single-best use of the word "F@G" that I have ever heard.  I still crack up at that part every time.