GDT 11/1/2022 Devils @ Canucks Hughes vs Hughes

Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

salvador’s cadence and tone of voice when they cut to him is genuinely horrible lol. he sounded like he was recording an HR video on how to use a payroll software. 

It was like watching a guy that had just seen his friend’s mother in law naked and then saw said friend’s mother taking a dump. 

McLeod?? McLeod!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, devlman said:

Where are all you ass clowns that two years ago claimed you’d take Petterson over Nico. And I kept saying over and over the book isn’t written yet on the two - that it was too early to make that claim. Now you’d have to be insane to not take Nico.

The one who was most vocal about implying that the Devils somehow didn’t get the Nico pick right was DM84…and he was mostly talking about how Nico was already the 4th-best player out the first five players selected (agree that you need several years to judge picks).  MB3 mentioned some time ago that he liked Petterson quite a bit and of course is very bullish on Makar.  He’s made Nico his whipping boy here and there, but he’s also made it clear how much he does like him.

Don’t recall too many people strongly suggested Petterson would have been the better pick on here.  

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

how the fvck does brendan smith have a job holy fvck is he atrocious 

The better uestion is how in the deck the opposing team doesn’t score every single shift because he is also paired with Severson. What a 1-2 punch. To the nuts. 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Go read the off topic thread 🤣

Gotta read them all if you want to understand the callbacks lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We just witnessed a Devils goalie helped to steal a period.  Vancouver’s gotta be wondering how the hell they’re both scoreless and down by a pair.  That period was like a starting pitcher getting through his first few innings without his best stuff.  Gotta like that they found a way over the first 20 minutes.

• Like 1

If the Devils finish the regular season with middle-of-the-pack goaltending I will bet anyone a 100-1 $100 donation to the site (I’ll donate $100 if I lose, you donate $1 if I win) that they make the playoffs. 

Let’s say 16th or better team SV% 

15 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I understand where both teams were coming from…and the Yankees were hardly cheap in their offer.  Judge has a history of injury, and now appears to be a guy who doesn’t get it done in the playoffs.  Bratt had only done it once…but yeah, Devils will be paying up.  Glad he’s not a UFA at least.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

If the Devils finish the regular season with middle-of-the-pack goaltending I will bet anyone a 100-1 $100 donation to the site (I’ll donate $100 if I lose, you donate $1 if I win) that they make the playoffs. 

Done. I will also offer 20-1 (I donate $20 if I lose, you donate $1 if I win) that Erika is having a boy. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Agree, league average puckstopping gets them in.  

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The one who was most vocal about implying that the Devils somehow didn’t get the Nico pick right was DM84…and he was mostly talking about how Nico was already the 4th-best player out the first five players selected (agree that you need several years to judge picks).  MB3 mentioned some time ago that he liked Petterson quite a bit and of course is very bullish on Makar.  He’s made Nico his whipping boy here and there, but he’s also made it clear how much he does like him.

Don’t recall too many people strongly suggested Petterson would have been the better pick on here.  

Ehhh, we have slightly different recollections. There was a time not so long ago when some posters wished we had taken Miro or Petterson, specifically, over Nico - and that the book was all but written and published. Very premature. 

Nico has taken a big leap this season, and he’s doing it with sh!t linemates. Imagine actual wingers next to him. And he’s got to stay healthy of course.

Just now, devlman said:

Ehhh, we have slightly different recollections. There was a time not so long ago when some posters wished we had taken Miro or Petterson, specifically, over Nico - and that the book was all but written and published. Very premature. 

Nico has taken a big leap this season, and he’s doing it with sh!t linemates. Imagine actual wingers next to him. And he’s got to stay healthy of course.

2 years ago I think it’s a totally rational thought to say “Heiskanen or Elias would’ve been a better pick.” 

I let my point of view change when presented with new information. I still probably take Heiskanen and definitely Makar, but Nico is probably 3rd. He’s been stellar so far, really hope he keeps it up.