GDT - Devils vs Bruins - 7:30pm EST - 28th Dec 22

DM23

1 hour ago, Puckbuster said:

Is it time to fvcking panic?  What the hell!  These guys are struggling to win games and no tenacity, no urgency!  Yeah there is still time, but other teams figured you out and that is why they can’t complete the seam and stretch passes.  What a blah game, from both teams and the fans sucked too.  I traveled for 5 hours and endured 2 hours of traffic for blah.  Yeah, the Devils got their chances, but man thank god the Bruins were just as life less.  I mean Haula gets a pass at the blue line with a clear path to the net and he literally stood there for a second to force a pass back to Hughes.  A second in the NHL is a lifetime.  WTF, is Hughes supposed to just skate around with the puck till he gets a clear shot?  There’s no one in front of the net, no one getting open to pass to and the poor guy has only to plays to make.  Wait for Bratt to get open to make the seam pass which everyone expects or for Hughes to shoot through 3 opponents to put a shot on net.  There is no way Haula should be on the same line with Hughes.  Everyone was happy to see Zacha gone, but aside for some FO wins there is much to be desired.  It was nice to see Boqvist try and make some plays, but again now one to pass too or at net front.  Then you have 28 pinch with an empty net behind him allowing a clean break for the Bruins to end this.  I know I’m all over the place, but this game sucked.  The fans were lifeless too.  

The secondary scoring is the real concern at the moment...it's just completely dried up:

Tatar:  6 G and 3 A over his last 20 GP (this includes four points over his last 3 GP, which gives you an idea of how quiet he's been)

Zetterlund:  1 A over his last 10 GP

Wood:  1 G and 4 A over his last 20 GP

Sharangovich:  2 G and 1 A over his last 12 GP

Mercer:  0 points in 7 GP

I won't even bring up Haula's and Holtz's numbers, because neither one has been scoring all season.  And the Devils REALLY need to stop trying to make Holtz happen, because he isn't.  Really hope that he goes to Utica and stays there...we can try this again next year.

Even the guys we've come to rely on are cold right now...Bratt has 3 points in his last 8 GP.  If other guys were scoring and/or the Devils weren't piling up losses as of late, we wouldn't notice it as much (ditto Nico, who just went 5 games without a point, before putting up three points in his last two GP).  And sometimes it feels like almost everyone is waiting for Jack to do it all...and it's a testament to how fvcking good that guy is because so often he's creating high-danger chances for himself and whoever he's with, often out of almost nothing or what appears to be no real openings to work with.  But seeing him stuck with Haula game after game after game...goddamn I REALLY hope Palat is close.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yeah he apologized for something else recently too, this shows he has absolutely no awareness of how social media works if he thought posting this was a good idea...

He definitely comes across as a guy who did not expect any social media “fame” and doesn’t know how to handle it. Once you have a following you can’t pull that old high school style “gay lolz”  joke and have them just fly under the radar. That’s just amateur hour stuff. People are going to see it and call you out. I don’t think he’s a bad dude, but I think he’s in a little over his head with how his twitter has blown up. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Didn't take that long once i decided to actually look into it after CR76's post

Googled "nhl longest home losing streak", this page came up:

https://records.nhl.com/records/team-records/losing-streaks/longest-home-losing-streak-one-season

went down the list and saw Colorado in a year i knew they made the playoffs. Literally took less than a minute lol 

You used Google, wow that must have been so hard. Really, you’re like a wizard. I can’t believe how much time you spent on that. 🙄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yeah he apologized for something else recently too, this shows he has absolutely no awareness of how social media works if he thought posting this was a good idea...

People on social media lose their minds on Pride Night. We have a million nights but whenever Pride comes up, it’s all “why is this necessary”. Because of you, bigot. You are why it’s necessary. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The secondary scoring is the real concern at the moment...it's just completely dried up:

Tatar:  6 G and 3 A over his last 20 GP (this includes four points over his last 3 GP, which gives you an idea of how quiet he's been)

Zetterlund:  1 A over his last 10 GP

Wood:  1 G and 4 A over his last 20 GP

Sharangovich:  2 G and 1 A over his last 12 GP

Mercer:  0 points in 7 GP

I won't even bring up Haula's and Holtz's numbers, because neither one has been scoring all season.  And the Devils REALLY need to stop trying to make Holtz happen, because he isn't.  Really hope that he goes to Utica and stays there...we can try this again next year.

Even the guys we've come to rely on are cold right now...Bratt has 3 points in his last 8 GP.  If other guys were scoring and/or the Devils weren't piling up losses as of late, we wouldn't notice it as much (ditto Nico, who just went 5 games without a point, before putting up three points in his last two GP).  And sometimes it feels like almost everyone is waiting for Jack to do it all...and it's a testament to how fvcking good that guy is because so often he's creating high-danger chances for himself and whoever he's with, often out of almost nothing or what appears to be no real openings to work with.  But seeing him stuck with Haula game after game after game...goddamn I REALLY hope Palat is close.  

All of our scoring has dried up, primary, secondary, etc., for almost everyone not named Hughes. And Jack scoring 1-2 points a night obviously isn’t the answer because you don’t win a lot of games if your team can only score 1-2 goals per game. 

• Like 1

I believe I heard the broadcast talking about the devils needing to get heavier. Palat will definitely help when he gets back but I don’t want to make a trade just to make a trade but at some point something should be done so 21-4 doesn’t go for nothing. Just in the history books for the wrong reasons. 

20 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

People on social media lose their minds on Pride Night. We have a million nights but whenever Pride comes up, it’s all “why is this necessary”. Because of you, bigot. You are why it’s necessary. 

My wife loved the warm up jerseys and was looking at them on the Devils Twitter last night. I said “whatever you do, don’t read the replies” and so then I got to listen to her angrily read me the terrible replies that I had purposely avoided reading 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

17 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

My wife loved the warm up jerseys and was looking at them on the Devils Twitter last night. I said “whatever you do, don’t read the replies” and so then I got to listen to her angrily read me the terrible replies that I had purposely avoided reading 

I took the opposite position, I like the cause but hated, HATED the jerseys lol. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

He was pretty pissed last night. I remember him slamming his stick when Sharongovich took all day to pass him the puck on that one play. 

Sharangovich has to be benched at this point. Give Mango a shot at least he’s physical, can cycle the puck down low. Lindy can’t just trot out the same lineup of guys playing terribly.

Sharangovich played one of the worst games I’ve seen in a while. It wasn’t just the finishing either, his effort looked like Zacha’s during his tenure here. 

But the finishing was certainly the worst of it. Even Olczyk who was all about ‘give him the puck’ in the first period was like ‘nah stop he’s wasting everything’. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, devlman said:

Sharangovich has to be benched at this point. Give Mango a shot at least he’s physical, can cycle the puck down low. Lindy can’t just trot out the same lineup of guys playing terribly.

Sharangovich played one of the worst games I’ve seen in a while. It wasn’t just the finishing either, his effort looked like Zacha’s during his tenure here. 

But the finishing was certainly the worst of it. Even Olczyk who was all about ‘give him the puck’ in the first period was like ‘nah stop he’s wasting everything’. 

In some ways he reminds me of Brian “Roger Dorn” Rolston 2.0.  Yeah he can rifle and will probably score 20-25 goals per season if he stays healthy…and will look so good when putting them home that you wonder how he doesn’t score more often.  And then you realize how little he brings elsewhere.

I did think he might have a shot to be a part of this thing for a while, but it’s starting to feel like he’s one of those guys that you upgrade from. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, devlman said:

I would agree if we didn’t have guys like Tyce Thompson, Haula, Boqvist, and McLeod as starters. 

• Like 1

Sharangovich is one of the few with an NHL shot and he can get it off in just about any position. He and bratt just missed  their chances last night

That was a very tight checking game last night Bruins were trapping the hell out of us. Trying to nullify our speed

Some of our boys were flying each shift Thompson and boqvist

We went head to head with a top team. Haula is an anchor that needs to be weighed

palat cant come back fast enough

8 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Sharangovich is one of the few with an NHL shot and he can get it off in just about any position. He and bratt just missed  their chances last night

That was a very tight checking game last night Bruins were trapping the hell out of us. Trying to nullify our speed

We went head to head with a top team. Haula is an anchor that needs to be weighed

He sure can fire that NHL shot into the glass whenever he wants. That I agree with.

You thought Thompson looked good? I thought it was easily the worst game I’ve seen from a rookie in years.

Boqvist was flying. I was very surprised Lindy didn’t try to throw him on the top 6 to generate some offense.

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would agree if we didn’t have guys like Tyce Thompson, Haula, Boqvist, and McLeod as starters. 

Fitzgerald needs to add a winger at some point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

He sure can fire that NHL shot into the glass whenever he wants. That I agree with.

You thought Thompson looked good? I thought it was easily the worst game I’ve seen from a rookie in years.

Boqvist was flying. I was very surprised Lindy didn’t try to throw him

Thats an over the top statement. You think he was worse than bahl? Lol 

If you think he was coasting your confused  

If you think that game was boring and effortless your wrong

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

If you put together a highlight reel of Sharangovich's more impressive goals, he's absolutely the kind of guy who will excite someone who's not that familiar with him.

He's that guy who will go to a new place, score 4 goals through his first 6 games or so with his new team, and have that team's fans thinking "Wow, look at this guy...we got a steal!"  Then comes those stretches where you either barely notice him at all, or notice him for all of the wrong reasons.  And then by season's end he has his 25 goals or so, and enough frustrating moments that it feels like somehow he really didn't score that many.

He does have 30 goals over his last 84 GP, and it won't surprise me much if he manages to score 30 goals one day in a career year.  The problem is that he almost NEEDS to do at least that to justify his existence, especially on a team looking to move up the ranks.  I can see him flirting with 30 goals here and there for a team that doesn't really care that he doesn't bring much else...the kind of guy that gives a meh team's fans something to cheer about.  I'm just not so sure that a guy like him belongs in a good team's top 6.  Not unless he refines or improves other elements of his game.    

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I’d rather have Haula out there busting his butt every shift with little result than Sharangovich floating around like he’s too busy thinking of his New Years plans to pay attention to the game. 

But I still don’t think Haula should be anywhere near Hughes. He’s a great third line center and having him take face offs and then shift to wing with Jack just doesn’t make sense or pay off in any way. I’m really hoping Palat coming back fixes some of the players out of position. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’d rather have Haula out there busting his butt every shift with little result than Sharangovich floating around like he’s too busy thinking of his New Years plans to pay attention to the game. 

But I still don’t think Haula should be anywhere near Hughes. He’s a great third line center and having him take face offs and then shift to wing with Jack just doesn’t make sense or pay off in any way. I’m really hoping Palat coming back fixes some of the players out of position. 

Yeah I can't really get mad at Haula (though his history definitely suggests he shouldn't have ever had THIS much of an issue finding the net)...he was never brought here to be Jack's wing.  And I agree, Palat's return will at least allow to Haula to be what he was supposed to be.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If you put together a highlight reel of Sharangovich's more impressive goals, he's absolutely the kind of guy who will excite someone who's not that familiar with him.

He's that guy who will go to a new place, score 4 goals through his first 6 games or so with his new team, and have that team's fans thinking "Wow, look at this guy...we got a steal!"  Then comes those stretches where you either barely notice him at all, or notice him for all of the wrong reasons.  And then by season's end he has his 25 goals or so, and enough frustrating moments that it feels like somehow he really didn't score that many.

He does have 30 goals over his last 84 GP, and it won't surprise me much if he manages to score 30 goals one day in a career year.  The problem is that he almost NEEDS to do at least that to justify his existence, especially on a team looking to move up the ranks.  I can see him flirting with 30 goals here and there for a team that doesn't really care that he doesn't bring much else...the kind of guy that gives a meh team's fans something to cheer about.  I'm just not so sure that a guy like him belongs in a good team's top 6.  Not unless he refines or improves other elements of his 

Like it or not he's 4th in goals scored.. You're a bit flippant about that . On a team starving for goals now..unfortunately we have too many players who are not streaky. I'll take streaky over never.. you like to quote shooting percentage he's 14. Frustrating,  he'll yes he is.. but we have bigger issues than him

• Like 1