Kaapo Kakko career vs Jack Hughes 2022-23. JACK WINS!!!

Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, Crisis said:

It's pretty funny how we're all concerned about Hughes putting up just slightly above a point per game right meow.

I wouldn’t say “concerned.” It just sucks that the injury clearly messed with his insane hot streak. He literally looked like the 2nd best player on the planet for a while there. He’s since dropped out of the top 10 in scoring (currently 12th), and went from 3rd in goals to 9th. Tbf all the guys ahead of him in both categories have played 60+ games to his 58. 

Also:

image.gif.ef46a580db22273456811b0f2f2894e5.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I wouldn’t say “concerned.” It just sucks that the injury clearly messed with his insane hot streak. He literally looked like the 2nd best player on the planet for a while there. He’s since dropped out of the top 10 in scoring (currently 12th), and went from 3rd in goals to 9th. Tbf all the guys ahead of him in both categories have played 60+ games to his 58. 

Also:

image.gif.ef46a580db22273456811b0f2f2894e5.gif

Yeah, I used the word concerned more tongue-in-cheek than anything.

Did you know that when Kyle Heffernan did his whole "chicken fvckers" prank, his parents were the couple in the car that he was harassing?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

Yeah, I used the word concerned more tongue-in-cheek than anything.

Did you know that when Kyle Heffernan did his whole "chicken fvckers" prank, his parents were the couple in the car that he was harassing?

Yeah I know you weren't being all that serious with "concerned" but the funny thing is I feel like a PPG for him is almost baseline at this point...almost like he's "slumping".  That's a GREAT problem to have.

I think he's going to go on another tear soon.  Just sucks in ways because I think he was cracking 100 points easily prior to his injury.  Now it's a bit more suspenseful (and 50 goals seems like it's become a tougher reach, though definitely not impossible).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Mercer:  144 GP, 38 G, 49 A, 87 Pts

Lafreniere:  197 GP, 44 G, 39 A, 83 Pts

Kakko:  220 GP, 38 G, 52 A, 90 Pts

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

That's hilarious. I can just imagine the whining excuses from our friends at MSG.

Their guys played against men and ours were helped by men?

Oh! Or “yeah sure it’s easy to score a lot getting first or second line minutes on trash teams”

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

That's hilarious. I can just imagine the whining excuses from our friends at MSG.

So many ways to look at this.

On one hand, I get that they’re still very young and still have more time to show why the hell they were the consensus #1 and #2 picks in their respective drafts.

On the other…man it’s been slow progress.  They both might average half-a-point a game by season’s end, which represents some progress, but next year they really need to show something more.  If anything I wonder if the Rangers would’ve been better off taking more of a Nemec route with those two.  You don’t HAVE to rush kids right up to the NHL.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

On one hand, I get that they’re still very young and still have more time to show why the hell they were the consensus #1 and #2 picks in their respective drafts.

On the other…man it’s been slow progress.  They both might average half-a-point a game by season’s end, which represents some progress, but next year they really need to show something more.  If anything I wonder if the Rangers would’ve been better off taking more of a Nemec route with those two.  You don’t HAVE to rush kids right up to the NHL.  

Unfortunately this was never an option with PWM, since it would negate their entire argument for why he was the better prospect

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Expectations on players at the top end of the draft can be pretty ridiculous, but the rags fans think every player is the second coming of Gretzky. I'm pretty sure both Laf and PWM will be pretty soild NHLers. Whether they have the patience in NY to see if they'll reach their potential, I'm not so sure.

4 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

Expectations on players at the top end of the draft can be pretty ridiculous, but the rags fans think every player is the second coming of Gretzky. I'm pretty sure both Laf and PWM will be pretty soild NHLers. Whether they have the patience in NY to see if they'll reach their potential, I'm not so sure.

Surprisingly when I’ve talked to a few Ranger fans, they’ve actually been pretty patient when it comes to both players, but I can see that such collective patience is starting to wear thin.  These guys may finish with 40 points each this year…technically each player has less than three seasons’ worth of games from a development standpoint, but it’s really hard to butter their numbers up.  Another year of that (or more “baby steps”) and I think Ranger fans start to turn on both players.  Especially when they see what Jack and Dawson are doing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Surprisingly when I’ve talked to a few Ranger fans, they’ve actually been pretty patient when it comes to both players, but I can see that such collective patience is starting to wear thin.  These guys may finish with 40 points each this year…technically each player has less than three seasons’ worth of games from a development standpoint, but it’s really hard to butter their numbers up.  Another year of that (or more “baby steps”) and I think Ranger fans start to turn on both players.  Especially when they see what Jack and Dawson are doing.

In their first 200 games, they should both be over 100 points minimum based on draft status, and realistically you want them closer to 133 pts (.66 ppg).  Adding Kane & Senko certainly does not help this.  If they think their window is now and don't trust those kids with meaningful minutes (PP or even strength), frustration will only continue.

20 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Mercer:  144 GP, 38 G, 49 A, 87 Pts

Lafreniere:  197 GP, 44 G, 39 A, 83 Pts

Kakko:  220 GP, 38 G, 52 A, 90 Pts

Sharangovich 191 GP, 52 G, 51 A, 101 Pts

The funny thing is that one of these guys can't even find his way into our lineup at the moment.     

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

The funny thing is that one of these guys can't even find his way into our lineup at the moment.     

Not saying the comparison isn't funny as hell just because, but Sharangovich isn't really some kid...he's got a few years on the others on that list, and also was a former 5th-round pick (which in ways I guess makes some of this even funnier).

Lafreniere is a RFA after this season (as is Chytil BTW), and Kakko is a RFA after next season.  What kind of contract do you give Lafreniere?  I'd say probably about the same as Kakko got after his ELC expired would make the most sense.  The question is do the Rangers dare roll the dice and give him, say, 4-5 years @ $3 million AAV and hope that the guy somehow improves by leaps and bounds and potentially becomes a serious bargain in Year 2 and beyond?  That's probably the kind of chance that the Rangers may have to start taking here and there...they're slim when it comes to having draft picks over the next few years.  They may have to lock up the Kids to 3-5 year deals and hope that they outperform their contracts.   

• Like 1

Jack with a goal and two assists today.

PWM with a goal and two assists over his last 11 games.

Jack:  37 G, 42 A, 79 Pts

PWM:  38 G, 50 A, 90 Pts

Not sure if the Kid Line is still a thing for the Blowshirts, but Chytil, Kakko, and Lafreniere combined for exactly ONE shot on goal today.  Looks like whatever brief magic that they might have had is already wearing off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What a waste of a pick Jack was. I mean seriously he's hawas. I mean seriously he's had this whole season and he still can't match PWM's career goal count. What a bust 😂😂

Edited by McLeod41-20

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jack with a goal and two assists today.

PWM with a goal and two assists over his last 11 games.

Not sure if the Kid Line is still a thing for the Blowshirts, but Chytil, Kakko, and Lafreniere combined for exactly ONE shot on goal today.  Looks like whatever brief magic that they might have had is already wearing off.

They'll get an empty net goal where all 3 of them will accidentally factor in, then NHL Network will run the graphic again, the points will barely have changed, and say they're the key for the playoffs since they''re getting hot.

• Haha 3

Mercer:  148 GP, 39 G, 52 A, 91 Pts  

Lafreniere:  200 GP, 45 G, 39 A, 84 Pts (I'm sure the Rangers broadcast team made a HUGE deal out of Lafreniere playing in his 200th NHL game yesterday, as they did with Kakko)

Kakko:  223 GP, 38 G, 52 A, 90 Pts

Mercer career PPG:  .615

Lafreniere career PPG:  .42

Kakko career PPG:  .407

Oh, and so far Dawson's season point total for last season (42) and this season (49 and counting) would represent a career-high for both Lafreniere and Kakko, neither of whom have yet to reach 40 points in any of their seasons to date.  Heh heh. 

• Like 1

Hughes career:  228 GP, 81 G, 106 A, 187 Pts

Lafreniere and Kakko COMBINED:  423 GP, 83 G, 91 A, 174 Pts

Sorry, this sh!t is just too funny to me...

• Like 4

On 1/17/2023 at 9:06 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jack has a huge advantage in that he does something that Kakko can't (to date)...he generates TONS of shots, and converts at an excellent rate (4.52 SOG per game, 14.6 shooting% this season).  Kakko's 2022-23 numbers:  1.71 SOG per game, 11.7 shooting%.

And yeah when you consider that Kakko had a 58-0 point "headstart" when the season unfolded, you realize how much ground Hughes has already made up, heh heh.  He's already shaved 35 points off Kakko's lead and it's barely past the halfway point of the season.  

Jack has now whittled that 58-point deficit to 11.  16 games left to go.  I think if he reaches 100 points on his season (still doable, needs 21 points over his final 16 games to do it...hopefully he avoids injury), he's got this.  Kakko's offense has once again gone into hiding; more and more he's reminding me of Zacha for so many years, in that you got those occasional teases, followed by extended disappearing acts. 

When he put up 7 G and 13 A over a 26-game stretch from 12/7 - 2/11, I'm sure the Ranger faithful were convinced "OK, here he comes, he's finally starting to put it all together!"  And not only have the glamour numbers more or less completely dried up...this guy hasn't registered a single shot on goal in THREE GAMES!  One shot on goal...ONE...over his last five games, and an ice-time total of 64:24.  Man that is really...just fvcking awful.  And this was the guy that Ranger fans wanted over Jack...AAAAAAAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!

• Like 1

Jack with an assist last night, to reach 80 points.

PWM with yet another no shots, no points night.  At least he’s finding consistency…fourth straight game without so much as a shot in goal now.  One SOG over his last 6 games.

Jack:  37 G, 43 A, 80 Pts

PWM:  38 G, 52 A, 90 Pts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jack with an assist last night, to reach 80 points.

PWM with yet another no shots, no points night.  At least he’s finding consistency…fourth straight game without so much as a shot in goal now.  One SOG over his last 6 games.

Jack:  37 G, 43 A, 80 Pts

PWM:  38 G, 52 A, 90 Pts

"YeAh, WeLl HoW mAnY pLaYoFf PoInTs DoEs JaCkIe PoO hAvE, BRAHHHHH!! BRIGHT LIGHT BROADWAY BLUESHIRTS ALL DAY!!!! YOUZ LOST THAT DRAFT BRAH!!!!"

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1