GDT - Devils vs Canucks 2/6/23 7:30pm MSGSN

NJDfan1711

3 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

When I heard what Lemieux said to Brendan Shanahan after they were no longer teammates and he chirped him on the ice. I understood Claude Lemieux after that. 

Called Shanny a ‘fvcking loser’ if memory serves (Shanny hadn’t won a Cup yet at that point). Pep was all about business. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Called Shanny a ‘fvcking loser’ if memory serves (Shanny hadn’t won a Cup yet at that point). Pep was all about business. 

He skated by him and said, "You're a fvcking loser and you've never won anything". fvcking brutal. 

Shanny was able to go get himself a few cups tho. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

He skated by him and said, "You're a fvcking loser and you've never won anything". fvcking brutal. 

Shanny was able to go get himself a few cups tho. 

That actually seems pretty tame by today’s standards. 

Just got caught up.

Nice to see Erika back.

Obviously the three goals in 50 secs was a blast.  Jack doing Jack things never ever gets old.

Devils need a real head coach.  But fortunately they have the talent (and right now the luck) to keep overcoming the pile of uselessness that is Lindy Ruff.

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Yea and they forced him to make a sh!t pass into Palat's skate. He was completely handcuffed.

Basically you're right, Bratt should have shot there. Bratt could have a goal or two, but when he shoots he tries to be deceptive and go five hole a lot and goalies are either watching the film on him or he's defaulting to it too quickly. Bratt has a great shot and he can put it anywhere he needs to. I'd like to see him just shoot more. He doesn't have to shoot as much as Jack, but he should be shooting more. 

Edited by RizzMB30

2 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Basically you're right, Bratt should have shot there. Bratt could have a goal or two, but when he shoots he tries to be deceptive and go five hole a lot and goalies are either watching the film on him or he's defaulting to it too quickly. Bratt has a great shot and he can put it anywhere he needs to. I'd like to see him just shoot more. He doesn't have to shoot as much as Jack, but he should be shooting more. 

He had an issue sometimes with just keeping it simple. Jack is lighting it up this year but he's not trying to make a flashy move every time. He's just putting the puck on net. Bratt could probably stand to simplify a little.

I hope they don't end up throwing this one away.

3 minutes ago, mackchi said:

Severson doing Severson too

Seriously that guy is just completely incapable of improving.  I feel sorry for the team that signs him this offseason.

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Seriously that guy is just completely incapable of improving.  I feel sorry for the team that signs him this offseason.

I don't agree with your assessment of Ruff CR76, but I do think he's to blame tonight for the spotty patch in the 2nd. Since the Nucks PP I think, he's been mixing and matching on the D pairings. Siegs with Smith and Hamilton with Smith. 

He keeps it 

Ham & Swiss (Siegs-Ham)
Graves-Marino
Smith-Seves 
and this sh!t starts to balance itself out. I think he doesn't want to throw Severson down there, but it's time. 

He's kept his forwards together for the most part so far tonight. 

Edited by RizzMB30

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

I don't agree with your assessment of Ruff CR76, but I do think he's to blame tonight for the spotty patch in the 2nd. Since the Nucks PP I think, he's been mixing and matching on the D pairings. Siegs with Smith and Hamilton with Smith. 

He keeps it 

Ham & Swiss
Graves-Marino
Smith-Seves 
and this sh!t starts to balance itself out. I think he doesn't want to throw Severson down there, but it's time. 

He's kept his forwards together for the most part so far tonight. 

It’s probably more about Marino not being ready for top 4 minutes yet.