2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

7 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The NHL might have a face of the kids league that actually has some personality...

The old heads are clutching their pearls every time TNT shows a game. What a superior product on so many freaking levels compared to ESPN.

Mouth breathing idiots are trashing PK in reaction to Chelios being let go as part of the ESPN purge. Hey morons, he’s the only one with something resembling a personality on that intermission report. Messier sucks, Chelios was boring, even Levy has lost the luster he had in the ABC days 20 years ago. PK brought fun and modern game experience to an otherwise fossil broadcast. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

The old heads are clutching their pearls every time TNT shows a game. What a superior product on so many freaking levels compared to ESPN.

Mouth breathing idiots are trashing PK in reaction to Chelios being let go as part of the ESPN purge. Hey morons, he’s the only one with something resembling a personality on that intermission report. Messier sucks, Chelios was boring, even Levy has lost the luster he had in the ABC days 20 years ago. PK brought fun and modern game experience to an otherwise fossil broadcast. 

What did PK say? I agree with you.

23 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

What did PK say? I agree with you.

Generalizations. What I see are people upset with his flamboyance, him calling out Messier and whatnot, just PK being PK upsets people.

They (dissenters) don’t like his opinions, but they love the 80s-90s stroke-offs the bald headed crybaby does all the time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

That day friggin' Messier was busting PK's balls relentlessly...I kept waiting for PK to say "Yeah you sure were a big help to Vancouver bud...oh that's right, you barely showed up when you played for them.  And then of course, it was awesome when you came back to the Rangers as a shell of yourself, and oh yeah...you didn't make the playoffs with them either, even though you GUARANTEED that they'd make it!  So what was that, seven seasons in a row that your teams missed the playoffs?  Weren't you supposed to be such an incredible presence that you could find a way to will one of those teams into a playoff spot?  You keep living in 1994 there pal...just like your Ranger groupies."    

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That day friggin' Messier was busting PK's balls relentlessly...I kept waiting for PK to say "Yeah you sure were a big help to Vancouver bud...oh that's right, you barely showed up when you played for them.  And then of course, it was awesome when you came back to the Rangers as a shell of yourself, and oh yeah...you didn't make the playoffs with them either, even though you GUARANTEED that they'd make it!  So what was that, seven seasons in a row that your teams missed the playoffs?  Weren't you supposed to be such an incredible presence that you could find a way to will one of those teams into a playoff spot?  You keep living in 1994 there pal...just like your Ranger groupies."    

God he was such an insufferable douche about that opening weekend of the playoffs. Every single intermission, same schtick. Uncreative douche.

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

God he was such an insufferable douche about that opening weekend of the playoffs. Every single intermission, same schtick. Uncreative douche.

And the funny thing is, if PK had REALLY gone back at him in a way even close to what I came up with, you know the color would drain from Messier's face immediately, and he'd give PK some serious death-stare that would scream "Who are YOU to make fun of me?!  I'll KILL you!  How DARE you!"  Messier strikes me as a guy who can give it plenty but wouldn't dream of hacking it...he's WAAAAAY too above having to take it. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

Generalizations. What I see are people upset with his flamboyance, him calling out Messier and whatnot, just PK being PK upsets people.

They (dissenters) don’t like his opinions, but they love the 80s-90s stroke-offs the bald headed crybaby does all the time.

So many people complain about how dated the NHL is in a lot of what they do but I firmly believe there are a good amount of "no change" people too who are afraid of the NHL trying to be... Ya know... Entertaining. The old boys club fan base.

• Like 2

That hit on Eichel last night was a thing of beauty, holy sh!t.

Also, Jack and the rest of our undersized players better learn to keep their heads on a swivel with guys like him out there.  A hit like that could probably knock Jack out for a looong while.

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Also, Jack and the rest of our undersized players better learn to keep their heads on a swivel with guys like him out there.  A hit like that could probably knock Jack out for a looong while.

Jack would get right back up and be fine. He was giving just as good as he was getting during the playoffs. That hit would put Bratt in the hospital though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Jack proved his toughness during these playoffs. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Flyers rebuild in full swing. Flyers probably want to drop the bad contracts/guys that Torts doesn't want and start from there. Probably thinking the closer to the floor the better. I think Hayes is probably on the way out too. 

Interesting that some coaches this offseason are staying while their GM's got fired. Torts and Sully still in in PHL and PIT, but their bosses canned.

14 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

Flyers rebuild in full swing. Flyers probably want to drop the bad contracts/guys that Torts doesn't want and start from there. Probably thinking the closer to the floor the better. I think Hayes is probably on the way out too. 

Interesting that some coaches this offseason are staying while their GM's got fired. Torts and Sully still in in PHL and PIT, but their bosses canned.

Briere was in on the hiring process of Torts, he's their guy. Keith Jones was on the radio not to long ago talking about how well Torts has been with the Flyers younger players this past year and off season. He's a good coach and they want him there. Next on the move is probably Hart

1 hour ago, Muevelos said:

Briere was in on the hiring process of Torts, he's their guy. Keith Jones was on the radio not to long ago talking about how well Torts has been with the Flyers younger players this past year and off season. He's a good coach and they want him there. Next on the move is probably Hart

Remember when we'd all debate about Hart and Blackwood? Now we still do but for very different reasons lol.

• Like 2

VGK is sweeping this team most likely. The Panthers are playing unhinged and undisciplined. 

I wonder how many more years Vegas can keep this up. Their core isn't that old (30's). They'll be a pain in the ass to have to face with our smaller group once we're ready to contend.

Edited by slasher72

12 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

VGK is sweeping this team most likely. The Panthers are playing unhinged and undisciplined. 

I wonder how many more years Vegas can keep this up. Their core isn't that old (30's). They'll be a pain in the ass to have to face with our smaller group once we're ready to contend.

I was thinking the opposite.  They could conceivably win the cup in 6 years and then be in a full rebuild by like year 10.  Stone’s back and Eichel’s neck should be a long term concern.  Pieterangleo, smith, marchessault, Karlsson and Martinez are all over 30 and I’m not sure Vegas even has an amateur scouting staff so they’ve got nothing to come in and backfill 

Edited by Lateralous