2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, Have Another Donut said:

Hopefully they will see your post....so far I don't think they have.....

It’s really something that they can play as well as they did in Dallas but then come out this afternoon and lay an egg against an inferior opponent.

4 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It’s really something that they can play as well as they did in Dallas but then come out this afternoon and lay an egg against an inferior opponent.

I don't know if anyone is an inferior opponent at this point.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

They didn’t really play that well against Dallas, if you think about it.  They got caved in for the second half of that game…Allen made a ton of big saves.  

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They didn’t really play that well against Dallas, if you think about it.  They got caved in for the second half of that game…Allen made a ton of big saves.  

That’s true.  After the goal surge, they weren’t able to do much offensively.  Nonetheless, it’s disappointing that they would follow up a win with another snooze-fest.

4 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

That’s true.  After the goal surge, they weren’t able to do much offensively.  Nonetheless, it’s disappointing that they would follow up a win with another snooze-fest.

For me, it was more that after getting the big lead, that only Allen was able to prevent the Stars from getting back into the game.  They were lucky that Dallas didn’t make it close.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Rags 11-1 in the 2nd game of b2b’s. Must be nice. 

You mean it’s possible to play well in back-to-backs?  Who knew?  The Devils have shot themselves in the foot in so many ways this season.

1 hour ago, ButlerBulldog said:

One tidbit I just overheard watching the end of Islanders-Rangers: next season’s Winter Classic will be Blues-Hawks from Wrigley Field in Chicago.

I kind of just assumed that’s what it was, except that the Pens were the away team instead of the Blues

What a shame this team couldn't manage to string together a couple consecutive wins, or even win one game this weekend. The Isles also lost both this weekend, and the Wings just keep free falling. The Flyers are also struggling. So many teams left the door open for us to possibly snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. 

The Caps are surging, but they're about the only ones (other than Buffalo, sort of). 

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

https://old.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/1bhdojk/wpg_6_cbj_1_tyler_toffoli_hits_30_goals_on_the/?ref=share&ref_source=link

TT doesn't look so slow on that play.

What is it about this franchise that brings out the worst in its players?

To be fair, he’s also not skating with Jack on that play either.  His goal-scoring ability is fine in isolation, but his lack of speed and explosiveness compared with the Devils’ top forwards made him a poor fit in New Jersey.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

To be fair, he’s also not skating with Jack on that play either.  His goal-scoring ability is fine in isolation, but his lack of speed and explosiveness compared with the Devils’ top forwards made him a poor fit in New Jersey.

Fair enough, thanks for talking me off the ledge (sincerely).

Frustrated as we all are.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Fair enough, thanks for talking me off the ledge (sincerely).

Frustrated as we all are.

Also fair to point out that Toffoli was on pace for well over 30 goals here, which was the hope.  If he was looking like he might only score 20 or so, yeah, then the Devils could be accused of bringing out his worst. 

• Like 2