2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

BLAHAHAHAHAHA

BUFFALOLOLOLOLOL

Loser coach for a loser franchise for a loser city.

Perfect fit for them, still believing he’s the second coming of Lemaire or Bowman with zero pedigree. 

2 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I can't believe it, when the alert popped up I had to make sure it wasn't loading some old headline. Wow!

I can’t believe this guy not only got ANOTHER HC gig, but got one this quickly.  Wow are the Sabre faithful in for a cruel shock.  This dude was literally NOTHING here without Brunette.  I still can’t believe the Sabres went this route.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I can't believe it, when the alert popped up I had to make sure it wasn't loading some old headline. Wow!

Same here, I did a double take because I couldn’t believe it 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I can’t believe this guy not only got ANOTHER HC gig, but got one this quickly.  Wow are the Sabre faithful in for a cruel shock.  This dude was literally NOTHING here without Brunette.  I still can’t believe the Sabres went this route.  

Seriously. All Sabres players have been begging for is accountability and a coach that will push them

They just got the guy that plays whoever kisses his ass or inflates his ego. Can’t wait for poor Thompson to say he didn’t like the way a game was played and to be a healthy scratch cause he didn’t know how to pour the bedtime milk correctly.

On the bright side maybe we can let smith shuffle to his pride snd joy coach!

• Like 2

So in Lindy’s last 12 seasons where he made it to the end of the season as the head coach, his teams missed the playoffs seven times and won all of TWO series…both in the first round.  Yeah he’s the answer lololololololol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Seriously. All Sabres players have been begging for is accountability and a coach that will push them

They just got the guy that plays whoever kisses his ass or inflates his ego. Can’t wait for poor Thompson to say he didn’t like the way a game was played and to be a healthy scratch cause he didn’t know how to pour the bedtime milk correctly.

On the bright side maybe we can let smith shuffle to his pride snd joy coach!

“It’s a pleasure to have Smith in the fold here.  He plays the game the right way and is the perfect guy to have in our locker room…he brings character and experience.”

image.gif.bb370fbc2ef8799a6da2e05f92b24774.gif

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Holy fvck…how are you not absolutely furious today if you’re a Sabres fan?!

My Sabres fans buddies are kind of pumped. 

39 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Holy fvck…how are you not absolutely furious today if you’re a Sabres fan?!

• Like 1

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

So he was there for 15 years, 10 of which they missed the playoffs or got knocked out of the first round, then did nothing of importance, and then they brought him back? Fascinating 

It makes no sense.  Feels like they hired him strictly due to his ties with that franchise.  It’s beyond bizarre.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

So he was there for 15 years, 10 of which they missed the playoffs or got knocked out of the first round, then did nothing of importance, and then they brought him back? Fascinating 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It makes no sense.  Feels like they hired him strictly due to his ties with that franchise.  It’s beyond bizarre.

They keep using the word “GOAT.”

I’m beyond glad we have three fvcking cups. If our “goat” status was earned for saying “no goal” at a cup loss parade TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO, and nothing else to show for it, I’d give up on sports…

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

57 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

How does this guy keep getting jobs?  Was no one paying attention to what happened to the Devils this season?  I hope Holtz—if he’s still wearing the black and red, that is—has a hat trick every time he plays against the Sabres.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

To that, I would ask them exactly what version of Ruff do they think they’re getting?  Look, maybe when he was much younger and getting his team to a SCF and three ECFs, he had something to offer at that time.

But Good Lord, this guy was getting ripped damned near all over the place last season.  I think any Sabres fans who think Lindy will somehow bring some magic with him is going to be sorely disappointed.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

To that, I would ask them exactly what version of Ruff do they think they’re getting?  Look, maybe when he was much younger and getting his team to a SCF and three ECFs, he had something to offer at that time.

But Good Lord, this guy was getting ripped damned near all over the place last season.  I think any Sabres fans who think Lindy will somehow bring some magic with him is going to be sorely disappointed.

I just hope he decides to hire his old staff away from the Devils (not you, Sarge) so that none of them has a chance of being the next head coach.

Edited by ButlerBulldog
  • Like 3
  • EvilHeart 1

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Just read that Lindy has been employed by the Sabres every decade of their existence in one way or another. Crazy 

But he’s their

image.gif.5dff76aa17241b42f6033a2bf55e654a.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I just hope he decides to hire his old staff away from the Devils (not you, Sarge) so that none of them has a chance of being the next head coach.

I hope he realizes Travis Green is essential to his success 

• Like 3

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I hope he realizes Travis Green is essential to his success 

Green probably thinks he’s too good to settle for being an assistant now.  Right pal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Green probably thinks he’s too good to settle for being an assistant now.  Right pal.

How funny would it be—okay maybe it’s actually not funny—if Fitz’s plan of offering Green a job is derailed because of Lindy?  He might start crying all over again.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

How funny would it be—okay maybe it’s actually not funny—if Fitz’s plan of offering Green a job is derailed because of Lindy?  He might start crying all over again.

I’d buy Lindy that beer if that happened 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

It’s absolutely wild that Ruff got another job this quickly.   Once you’re in the old boys club… 

And probably at the expense of someone who was a better fit.  It will never cease to amaze me how many people equate experience with competence or ability, especially in the case of someone like Lindy, who’s proven time and again that he’s not a very good coach.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

And probably at the expense of someone who was a better fit.  It will never cease to amaze me how many people equate experience with competence or ability, especially in the case of someone like Lindy, who’s proven time and again that he’s not a very good coach.

This is especially true with GMs.

My current issues with Fitz aside, I’m glad we gave someone ready for their first shot a chance at GM.   So much better than recycling the Brian Burkes of the world. 

• Like 2