2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Kinda surprised its not Palat for his contract and expectations alone.

Yeah, I’d put both Vanecek and Palat over Mercer. 

One good thing is it ended up not being Timo. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

My two immediate thoughts about that list are 1. There are a lot of goalies (ten) on that list. and 2. I'm glad we missed out on Johnny Gaudreau.

I may be one of the few, but I never wanted Johnny hockey. We already had enough small but talented guys, even if he was a stud. I still chuckle over him picking CBJ, though. Lol

• Like 2

On 5/2/2024 at 7:17 PM, jagknife said:

Kinda surprised its not Palat for his contract and expectations alone.

I think, going into the season, there wasn’t much expected of Palat and he did not disappoint there.

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Chicago fans can't catch a break. I am waiting to see what comes out of this. I read about it somewhere and it was implied there was a non-zero chance the allegations may be retaliatory.

Based on how little the league has done to that organization for their continuous failures of human decency, I bet there will be absolutely no significant repercussions.

They did nothing for the Beach incident, Perry was the fall guy for his actions and the league said that was good enough, no way they do anything after strike three.

zero culture problem in Chicago, nope, none

• Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Read the full tweets, Blackhawks claim she never worked for them. This could be a 'me too' hustle. 

The Blackhawks Foundation is being sued as well. And the Blackhawks don’t get any benefit of the doubt from me here. They’ve proven they don’t deserve it.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2