GDT: 12/23/23 Red Wings @ Devils 7:00 PM EST MSGSN

Rock

3 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

I was being sarcastic with Timo, he's making enough, but I'm glad he's starting to show up, I'm his biggest critic

I understand, bud. Im just making jokes as well. Super happy for Timo. But I think Mikey has probably been the devils most consistent player. I hope he legitimately does get a raise

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

I understand, bud. Im just making jokes as well. Super happy for Timo. But I think Mikey has probably been the devils most consistent player. I hope he legitimately does get a raise

Idk plenty of them have been consistently bad. :P

• Haha 2

Bastian throwing the body, too. We need more of this.

Also I see perron is playing. Is his suspension up? I thought the nhlpa was appealing the suspension, but I now realize I have no idea if he already served it or it was appealed. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Idk plenty of them have been consistently bad. :P

You're not wrong! Haha

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Timo hitting, scoring, I like it. 

Yeah Lindy basically needs his guys to be their best selves most of the time because he definitely ain’t helping the cause.  Team has outgrown him and history has already shown that Lindy can’t take teams as far as we’d like.  I really can’t with him anymore.

Kudos to VV, that goal wasn’t on him and he didn’t crumble.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah Lindy basically needs his guys to be their best selves most of the time because he definitely ain’t helping the cause.  Team has outgrown him and history has already shown that Lindy can’t take teams as far as we’d like.  I really can’t with him anymore.

Kudos to VV, that goal wasn’t on him and he didn’t crumble.  

Truth. Would be a shame to set some sort of nhl record for worst turnaround after a historic franchise season. Like the team personification of Huberdeau. Still boggles my mind the goalie coach has lasted this long. Maybe he gets the best deal on lindy's worthers originals

4 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

To be honest I was shocked. Maybe it's because  the ones the do give away are going in the back of the net, making them more noticeable?

The numbers are what they are, but my opinion is the defensive structure sucks.  There is always someone open near the net.  There is no physicality because they are always playing the puck.  I blame VV for one of the goals against the Oilers and I don’t blame Akira for the two goals.  

2 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

When the devils picked up Timo, everyone was excited at the idea of him playing with nico or Jack. How funny would it be if the center he plays best with ends up being Mikey. Haha.

In retrospect, it’s not surprising he’s played better with Mikey, as he doesn’t have the speed to keep up with Jack.  I’m not sure why he hasn’t played well with Nico.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Ugggghh wide open net for toffoli. Thought that was sealed

He’s had a couple of chances like that recently that he’s missed.  Toffoli’s been very good overall, but he’s cooled off in December.

Edit: Bratt with back-to-back chances off passes from Jack that he didn’t finish, and now Nico whiffs and double-clutches before missing.  These are opportunities the Devils have to convert.

Edited by ButlerBulldog
  • Like 1