GDT: 12/29/23 Devils @ Senators 7:00 PM EST MSGN2

Rock

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I was going to say that I hardly remembered seeing Holtz in the second. Wonder how he upset Lindy... Probably puck management.

I know Holtz is still a young player, but it will never not be weird that Lindy has him on such a short leash while giving Smith and Siegenthaler so many chances.

• Like 1

Finally they curbstomped a bad team and played for 60 minutes.  I've been guilty of thinking they've snapped out of their malaise at least twice before this season but now that Jack seems to be over his funk at least they have that going for them.  And possibly a long-awaited improvement at goaltender.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 4

I'll give Fitz and Lindy credit for the move to Dawes.   I kind of cringed at the move considering he's coming off hip surgery and didn't exactly light the world on fire in his previous stints but I think it forced the team to really pay attention to detail tonight.   Dawes deserves plenty of credit for coming up with some big saves on the breakdowns we did have but overall, this was a much tighter performance than either of the other two goalies have probably received all year.   I think it has a lot to do with the players all knowing they needed to help out the call up goalie as best as possible.    

• Like 3

What a game from Daws. We lose that one or go to OT if VV/Schmid are in goal.

Finally a game where they stopped dicking around with the puck and just funnelled pucks to the net, made decisions and passed faster, skated harder.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Remember the “maybe Luke Hughes is just not very good” chick? 

image.gif.7a812bbfbeb6d61f3b41ed539b7b2445.gif

It's not even just that she said he was overrated and said we wouldn't take him if it wasn't for his last name, it's also the fact she whined about so-called character issues too, and those have never been borne out either.

26 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It's not even just that she said he was overrated and said we wouldn't take him if it wasn't for his last name, it's also the fact she whined about so-called character issues too, and those have never been borne out either.

The "character recon" and "injury recon" lol

There were actually people (including actual Devils fans) who took her seriously back then too. What a ridiculous thing to say, clearly nothing more than a Devils hater.

6 hours ago, LIDevsFan1 said:

Now it’s VV’s turn.  Win tomorrow and I feel a heater coming. 

They win tonight and the heater’s pretty much already here…they’ll be 12-4-1 over their last 17 with a win.

7 hours ago, nessus said:

The "character recon" and "injury recon" lol

There were actually people (including actual Devils fans) who took her seriously back then too. What a ridiculous thing to say, clearly nothing more than a Devils hater.

“L*ke H*gh*s fanboys are the worst and immature” - ah hold ole RD, fired from multiple organizations, one very publicly, but somehow isn’t a problem in the workspace