Injuries

smelly

Take it for what it’s worth. If you think I’m full of it, then just ignore. 

I do not have any specifics info. But I was told generally that both Jack and Timo are going to be out for awhile.  The vibe was negative  

Edited by smelly

1 hour ago, smelly said:

Take it for what it’s worth. If you think I’m full of it, then just ignore. 

I do not have any specifics info. But I was told generally that both Jack and Timo are going to be out for awhile.  The vibe was negative  

“A while” is such a broad term and might mean 1 month or 2. But given this team’s cryptic injury status updates, we will just be guessing and analyzing the video from last night non stop for the next few weeks.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, SKA1989 said:

“A while” is such a broad term and might mean 1 month or 2. But given this team’s cryptic injury status updates, we will just be guessing and analyzing the video from last night non stop for the next few weeks.

Ya I pressed but got the impression they didn’t even know yet. But also got impression situation far from ideal. 

Then again maybe it’s something like a broken wrist that has a projectable timeline. NOTE I am TOTALLY speculating on that. Have heard absolutely nothing to that effect. 

Edited by smelly

Posted (edited)

Consistent report from HF board:

"Apparently its very unlikely he plays today and its not "good" news. Someone who I know in the org who is in no way connected with the team directly (works for the org) told me this.

He has never told me news before so no Idea how credible this is"

Edited by smelly

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Jack only ended up missing 5 games the last time the OP gave us his doom and gloom prognosis. 

Dude it isn’t my prognosis.  The source’s. 

I’m just the messenger. 

Be prepared to be wrong. 

Not like you ever acknowledge that (see: goalies). 

Edited by smelly

8 hours ago, smelly said:

Based on Lindy's comments moments ago, as well as the Timo move, looks like my source was dead on (as they always are).

Yup -- trust me, bro.

You’ve been wrong about every one of your attention-seeking ‘predictions’. Jack missed 5 games last time. Didn’t you say he’d be out multiple months? Just stop already.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, devlman said:

You’ve been wrong about every one of your attention-seeking ‘predictions’. Jack missed 5 games last time. Didn’t you say he’d be out multiple months? Just stop already.

Trust the source bro. Just trust him.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, smelly said:

"I believe [the injury] is arm related. The sense is that the Devils are optimistic that this could avoid surgery and that’s the best case scenario," Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman said on Saturday Headlines. "So we’re gonna see how this plays out over the next little bit."

Edited by devlman
  • Like 5

On 1/7/2024 at 2:27 AM, devlman said:

"I believe [the injury] is arm related. The sense is that the Devils are optimistic that this could avoid surgery and that’s the best case scenario," Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman said on Saturday Headlines. "So we’re gonna see how this plays out over the next little bit."

Not inconsistent at all -- they are optimistic THAT HE WILL AVOID SURGERY (which would sideline him for the rest of the season).

They are not happy (negative) that it is a meaningful injury and he is expected to miss time.

Read more carefully.

Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2024 at 1:28 AM, devlman said:

You are entirely wrong.  Go back and look at my posts.  Dare ya.

I never mentioned any source when I was talking about the last JH injury because I didn't have any inside info on that one. Rather -- as my posts make clear if you bother to look at them --  I was explicitly making my own assessment based on what I saw from the tape that it might be a neck injury, which could be a lengthy injury.  I wasn't reporting anything I learned confidentially from anyone else, just spitballing like anyone else here.

In fact, the ONLY other thing I cited regarding that prior JH injury was a public report on NHLN by Kevin Weekes.

My source DID previously tell me -- as I have noted -- that Timo's original injury was an MCL.  They stand by that.

I do not know what Timo's current injury is, but I was told (correctly hours before he was put on IR) that he would be out a bit.

And I only share this info because I know it is accurate and I figure people here would like to know.  IDGAF about "attention" here.  Why would I?  No one even knows who I am.  And frankly it isn't worth the ignorant and idiot garbage I get in response.

So give it a rest, pal.

Edited by smelly

@smelly why must you act like a condescending and arrogant SOB? You have been around since 2002, just as I have, so you are not a child yet persist like a tween.  "I have knowledge you don't but I can't reveal my sources." WTF! Just converse and get off your high horse. Don't tell  me I can't read or comprehend either. I see what you do. Geez. btw I can still see your crap even on ignore. Give this forum a break and stop acting entitled. 😤 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StarDew said:

@smelly"I have knowledge you don't but I can't reveal my sources." WTF! Just converse and get off your high horse. 

If is his source is legit why would he post that person's name on a message board when it could get his friend fired? 

I can understand people choosing not to believe him but it would be absolutely silly and fvcked up of him to blow up his source.

Smelly is a fan of the team, why would he want to post something that hurts the team? Just to get attention? From who? All 34 of us? 

Idk, I unfortunately believe smellys source is right on this one and like I said before would absolutely love nothing more to be wrong and I'm sure smelly as a fan of the team would love for the info to be wrong too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

If is his source is legit why would he post that person's name on a message board when it could get his friend fired? 

I can understand people choosing not to believe him but it would be absolutely silly and fvcked up of him to blow up his source.

Smelly is a fan of the team, why would he want to post something that hurts the team? Just to get attention? From who? All 34 of us? 

Idk, I unfortunately believe smellys source is right on this one and like I said before would absolutely love nothing more to be wrong and I'm sure smelly as a fan of the team would love for the info to be wrong too. 

You can believe what you want..correct. I was commenting on his approach. Don't agree..fine.

• Like 2