Lindy Ruff RELIEVED Of duties, Green Temp Coach

Colorado Rockies 1976

It’s time Fitz.  Same sh!t keeps happening with no signs of adjustments being made.  Devils are too talented (even with injuries) and too in the mix for you to go into punt the season mode.

DO SOMETHING FFS!!!

• Like 6

For that matter, who the hell is LINDY without Jack constantly bailing him out?!

I’ve rarely seen a team with less of a system.  There literally is NONE at this point.

• Like 3

Just now, HughesCorporation said:

I'm 100% for firing Ruff, but who do we bring in? I want a real, proven coach and there arent many/any available right now, maybe Gallant?

I’d go with Green as the interim, and talk to Berube first.  And then go from there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

I'm 100% for firing Ruff, but who do we bring in? I want a real, proven coach and there arent many/any available right now, maybe Gallant?

Craig Berube.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’d go with Green as the interim, and talk to Berube first.  And then go from there.

No need for an interim. Hire Berube and be done with it.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Craig Berube.

No need for an interim.

More saying that as the Devils are trying to land their guy.  I’d prefer Green’s interim run to be a handful of games at most.  In a perfect world Fitz is talking to Berube right fvcking now, but I doubt it.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

10 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

In all likelihood Fitz is sitting on his hands and giving his coach a pass due to injuries. Next year, Ruff will be on a short leash out of the gate. But I don't see Fitz firing him this season, even if they miss the playoffs. 

Sadly, I agree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Berube will definitely get hired by a GM who's not asleep at the wheel. That would exclude Fitz. 

Just imagine if he went out and hired Torts. This team would be nasty and in first place. But instead, he stuck with Coach Milktoast because Jack and Brunette saved his ass last season. 

Edited by slasher72
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, slasher72 said:

Berube will definitely get hired by a GM who's not asleep at the wheel. That would exclude Fitz. 

Just imagine if he went out and hired Torts. This team would be nasty and in first place. But, instead he stuck with Coach Milktoast because Jack and Brunette saved his ass last season. 

Torts was already in Philly.  This is his second season there.  And not too many GMs are firing a head coach who’s popular with his players off a 112-point season.

BUT, Lindy can’t live off last year forever…and yeah, fair to wonder just how much of last season was driven by Brunette.

• Like 1

Even heard free Holtz chants tonight. Injuries as an excuse or not our play at home is an absolute disgrace and with ticket renewals coming up they can't keep playing games like this at home where the fire Lindy chants are getting louder each game. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Torts was already in Philly.  This is his second season there.  And not too many GMs are firing a head coach who’s popular with his players off a 112-point season.

BUT, Lindy can’t live off last year forever…and yeah, fair to wonder just how much of last season was driven by Brunette.

Torts was hired in July 2022, yea you're right. If only Fitz fired Lindy after the 2021-22 season. Lol.

Re: Brunette. I think he had A LOT to do with last year's success. His absence this season has been glaring. 

Edited by slasher72

2 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Torts was hired in July 2022, yea. And the Devils finished in 7th place that year. I get Lindy was in his second year as head coach, but I can dream. Lol.

The way you worded it, I thought you meant the Devils should’ve hired Torts after this past season.  Yeah I wasn’t keen on Lindy after Year 2 either.

22 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It was Brunette and Jack having a near 100 point season. It’s pretty clear Lindy had very little to do with it. 

I’m becoming pretty frustrated with Fitz at this point. This has Shero 2.0 written all over it. Waiting too long to get rid of a coach who clearly needs to go is going to end up costing Fitz his job, just like it did his predecessor. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The way you worded it, I thought you meant the Devils should’ve hired Torts after this past season.  Yeah I wasn’t keen on Lindy after Year 2 either.

Yup, you were right. I saw that and edited my post. I dunno, I honestly think the best thing that could happen to this team is if Vegas drops the hammer on Monday and completely embarrasses them on home ice. It would at least get the crowd into torch & pitchfork mode...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

It was Brunette and Jack having a near 100 point season. It’s pretty clear Lindy had very little to do with it. 

I’m becoming pretty frustrated with Fitz at this point. This has Shero 2.0 written all over it. Waiting too long to get rid a coach who clearly needs to go is going to end up costing Fitz his job, just like it did his predecessor. 

I really hope not, re:  Fitz.  But I definitely have had enough of the radio silence bit.  

• Like 1

I am so sick of his excuses and lack of accountability. Also sick of Fitz’ construction of this team’s depth and his invisibility. 

31 times we’ve conceded first. Absolute embarrassment 

Edited by devlman
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, devlman said:

I am so sick of his excuses and lack of accountability. Also sick of Fitz’ construction of this team’s depth and his invisibility. 

31 times we’ve conceded first. Absolute embarrassment 

Being a coach and GM in NJ must be great, because there are like, two writers not employed by the team that cover the team. There is no one to answer to. There is no pressure. Fitz can stay under his rock. Ruff can continue to lose with impunity and snap at the one writer who asks a critical question. It’s a joke. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Being a coach and GM in NJ must be great, because there are like, two writers not employed by the team that cover the team. There is no one to answer to. There is no pressure. Fitz can stay under his rock. Ruff can continue to lose with impunity and snap at the one writer who asks a critical question. It’s a joke. 

His press conference lasted 3 minutes. He looked ready to sweat until he realized it was mostly Amanda Stein or whoever asking him softball questions.

Edited by devlman
  • Angry 1

I usually don't go for the fire the coach route because it rarely bounces seasons back but at this point the Devils are in a pretty precarious and future impacting position. They are good enough to end up having to pick middle of the first round which means finishing out the season at the current pace will end them a mid grade pick even in the best case scenario. I am sick of draft watching by February! The other part of that is the young talent on this team will not get the benefit of winning culture if this bland hockey is allowed to continue without repercussions. They had a taste of playoff victory and their energy after beating the Rangers spoke well for their future.

Fitz has done mostly well with his choices but now he is approaching feeble GM territory sticking with this goalie tandem and ineffective coaching. How many times can they fall behind in a game right away or a complete lack of resilience when a game is getting out of hand. The coaching (RUFF) is not making the cut and a once promising season is already on its third swirl around the toilet drain. I know injuries have been serious but they are fielding a team full of NHL players who should at least adopt a system that gives them the best chance to win, not tread water hoping Jack is back soon.

I am on team fire Ruff, don't let Jack returning hide this veneer thin team again.

• Like 4