Lindy Ruff RELIEVED Of duties, Green Temp Coach

Colorado Rockies 1976

5 minutes ago, devlman said:

Can this guy just once work the refs? Fight for your players. Show a pulse.

Great fight back win tonight but the team makes the same crucial mistakes under his guidance.

After that hit on Nemec and that absurd reduction of the penalty, he basically did less than nothing.

And yeah, kudos to the players for finding a way, because once again the sheer lack of coaching was fully on display.  

43 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

After that hit on Nemec and that absurd reduction of the penalty, he basically did less than nothing.

And yeah, kudos to the players for finding a way, because once again the sheer lack of coaching was fully on display.  

There was one play where Timo was tripped right in front of the bench. Clear as day. Players stood up, fans yelled, Ruff just stood motionless.

The players won despite the coaching. Lazar really tried to give his second intermission speech credit because that’s really all they’re getting from the coach.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

28 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I put this in the Fitz thread, but it’s worthy of being here.

fitz is blind to the old idiot. He likes what he sees.

news flash: he sucked 10 years ago as a coach, and he still sucks.

Yeah not sure what Fitz is looking at.  At a loss.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Article on the nhl site about Gallant looking to be a head coach again. I know Berube's name has floated around the board, but I think Gallant over Ruff would have some promise.

It is fair to point out that Gallant’s Rangers were so meh against the Devils after Games 1 and 2 that he lost his job because of it.

We can throw names out, but as of this afternoon it’s more for the hell of it; based on Fitz’s comments, sure feels like Lindy is plenty safe for the time being.  A shame…Berube actually has a Cup to his name, and the Blues fans weren’t happy to see him canned.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It is fair to point out that Gallant’s Rangers were so meh against the Devils after Games 1 and 2 that he lost his job because of it.

We can throw names out, but as of this afternoon it’s more for the hell of it; based on Fitz’s comments, sure feels like Lindy is plenty safe for the time being.  A shame…Berube actually has a Cup to his name, and the Blues fans weren’t happy to see him canned.

All fair points. I'm just sick of lindy, and Gallant was a recent Jack Adam's winner and finalist. I think I'd rather have Berube, though. Mostly just done with lindy, wish Fitz wasn't as in love with him

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

A shame…Berube actually has a Cup to his name, and the Blues fans weren’t happy to see him canned.

He also has a history of coming in and righting the ship on an underperforming team halfway through the season…

• Like 3

Yep.

34 or however many times scored on first.

team doesn’t wake up until the 3rd on a consistent basis.

but hey, injuries.

face it, Fitz, without his biggest fan out there covering up his antiquated system, Lindy Lost Loser Ruff is a dogsh!t coach

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Yep.

34 or however many times scored on first.

team doesn’t wake up until the 3rd on a consistent basis.

but hey, injuries.

face it, Fitz, without his biggest fan out there covering up his antiquated system, Lindy Lost Loser Ruff is a dogsh!t coach

When it comes to a HC in whatever sport I like to ask; would ANY other team hire him? Seems like resounding no when it comes to Lindy. 

Dude should be an assistant at best. And even that’s questionable given how bad he was with the Rags. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

When it comes to a HC in whatever sport I like to ask; would ANY other team hire him? Seems like resounding no when it comes to Lindy. 

Dude should be an assistant at best. And even that’s questionable given how bad he was with the Rags. 

His career should have ended once Buffalo sh!t canned him.

Another retread dinosaur that the game absolutely lapped at this point.

so fvcking stubborn and refused to ever change his system cause clearly he’s not the problem, the league is.

Probably buys a ceramic Stanley cup each year, has a celebration in his house and convinces his demented ass that he lead his team to the promised land. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure why keeping lindy ruff is even a topic of conversation.  This guy has coached numerous teams and may have just over 850 wins, but sorry, never won a cup, don't care if he made a cup appearance.  This guy is a fvcking loser and under zero circumstance should he be coaching in the nhl.  Fitzgerald can also go to hell at this point, not doing a fvcking thing to fix any of this.  Fvck these owners as well.  Driving this franchise into the ground, I’m so sick of it.  Sorry, I know I used to make $bitty posts like this in the past and I’ve been very quiet for quite some time now but this is more than deserving.  Not fixing a fvcking thing, and didn’t even fix a fvcking thing when they didn’t have the injuries.  This is such bull$hit.  Waste of a year, and looking like this $hit won’t change for some time and owner$hit doesn’t seem to give a fvck.  Fvck them all.

19 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Not sure why keeping lindy ruff is even a topic of conversation.  This guy has coached numerous teams and may have just over 850 wins, but sorry, never won a cup, don't care if he made a cup appearance.  This guy is a fvcking loser and under zero circumstance should he be coaching in the nhl.  Fitzgerald can also go to hell at this point, not doing a fvcking thing to fix any of this.  Fvck these owners as well.  Driving this franchise into the ground, I’m so sick of it.  Sorry, I know I used to make $bitty posts like this in the past and I’ve been very quiet for quite some time now but this is more than deserving.  Not fixing a fvcking thing, and didn’t even fix a fvcking thing when they didn’t have the injuries.  This is such bull$hit.  Waste of a year, and looking like this $hit won’t change for some time and owner$hit doesn’t seem to give a fvck.  Fvck them all.

Not sure what else you want from the owners? They’ve spent right up to the cap, and from what we can tell they’ve left Fitz alone to run things how he wants. They’ve allowed him to bring in big names like Dougie and Timo, and they’ve made sure he had the money lock up the core players like Jack, Nico, and Bratt.

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, jagknife said:

His career should have ended once Buffalo sh!t canned him.

Another retread dinosaur that the game absolutely lapped at this point.

so fvcking stubborn and refused to ever change his system cause clearly he’s not the problem, the league is.

Probably buys a ceramic Stanley cup each year, has a celebration in his house and convinces his demented ass that he lead his team to the promised land. 

You lost me at “system”.  There is none.

And Fitz’s hands much be getting awfully hot and sweaty because he’s been sitting on them for weeks now.  If I’m ever charged with a crime that I clearly committed, I want Fitz on my jury, because no matter how much evidence is presented that shows that I definitely did it, he still won’t be convinced.

• Like 2

To the above, a lack of a system seems very apparent at this point. Our PP sucks now, and in general we seem incapable of playing dump and chase, which directly affects our zone entries, ability to sustain pressure, puck possession, and zone time. 

I can't remember who said it, but now would be a great time to make a change.  Give the new, even if interim, coach a chance to work with the players for a week or two. 

• Like 1

Thinking about it a little more, I have to imagine that Fitz is looking at what Lou did and seeing that a change behind the bench didn't immediately turn the Isles ship around. I believe they're 1-2-1 with Roy. Not exactly amazing.

We'll see how they do post All Star break, but I don't think Fitz is going to be persuaded by anything he sees around the league to make a change of his own. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

We'll see how they do post All Star break, but I don't think Fitz is going to be persuaded by anything he sees around the league to make a change of his own. 

Edmonton changed their coach; they’ve won 16 in a row.

• Like 7
  • EvilHeart 1

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Edmonton changed their coach; they’ve won 16 in a row.

The thing with Lindy is, if he had any real track record of success (or if he had been in the slightest bit of demand before Fitz plucked him off the HC scrap heap), I’d be somewhat inclined to give him some benefit of the doubt.

Does Fitz really genuinely believe that Lindy - fvcking LINDY?! - is the guy who’s ever taking them all the way?  I just feel like he’s getting treated with reverence by Fitz that he flat-out has not earned.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I just feel like he’s getting treated with reverence by Fitz that he flat-out has not earned.

He was Fitz’s assistant coach when he was playing in Florida back in the day. There is obviously a personal relationship there. It might be affecting Fitz’s judgement. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1