Hockey Canada investigation -Mcleod charged with 2 counts

RunninWithTheDevil

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Not like he can say much else.

Exactly, of course they can ask the question, but Lindy is no position to answer that; if anything, that question should be directed to Fitz.  He probably won't answer it either, but I don't think the coaches are the right people to ask about this.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

There’s a reason Fitz’s press conference was last night.

And obviously it's so early in all of this, in terms of players even getting formally charged, but the Flames, Flyers, and Devils had better be ready.  They're all gonna share some time in the spotlight here, over who might have known what, and for how long.  Doesn't mean that they'll be found of any wrongdoing in the slightest, but the questions will absolutely be asked.  

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

As they should be.

Oh yeah, wasn't even trying to suggest that they shouldn't be.  If it comes down to Fitz taking McLeod at his word that he wasn't involved, but was blatantly lied to, OK.  But let me see that proven to be the case.  

• Like 1

And this is just speculation, but if you look at his numbers the past five games, compared to the rest of his season...almost makes one wonder if he knew that the ice beneath his feet was thinning out in a hurry, and that very soon, this was all finally coming back to get him.   

Just now, Lateralous said:

Here's what I think Fitz might eventually have to answer for.  Dube took a leave of absence on Sunday?   Seems like the cat was out of the bag by then and McLeod shouldn't have been playing on Monday.    

That's going to be one of the questions that will inevitably come up.  Did these organizations know that these guys were very likely to be suspended but wanted to squeeze every last minute of play out of them before that happened?  It's a pure sh!t look if that turns out to be the case, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's going to be one of the questions that will inevitably come up.  Did these organizations know that these guys were very likely to be suspended but wanted to squeeze every last minute of play out of them before that happened?  It's a pure sh!t look if that turns out to be the case, isn't it?

Yep

I hope the victim get justice.  I don’t care what affects it has on the team.  Also, McLeod was drafted in the 2016 draft, who knew he would be implicated for something that happened in 2018, but then they double down and sign Cal Foote???  Nashville let him go and he remained unsigned until the Devils thought it would be a good idea to give him a contract.  What were they thinking?

30 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

I hope the victim get justice.  I don’t care what affects it has on the team.  Also, McLeod was drafted in the 2016 draft, who knew he would be implicated for something that happened in 2018, but then they double down and sign Cal Foote???  Nashville let him go and he remained unsigned until the Devils thought it would be a good idea to give him a contract.  What were they thinking?

No one was making an issue out of McLeod having being drafted.  What people are going to wonder about (rightly so) is exactly how much did the Devils know about his alleged involvement, and if they did know, how long did they know about it?  Because depending on what the answers are, it's going to look really bad if the reason the Devils re-signed McLeod to just a one-year deal is due to the fact that they knew there was a VERY good chance that he'd eventually be suspended, but hey, at least they got 47 games out of him before that happened, and aren't on the hook for any more term beyond this season!  There's absolutely no way to defend any of that, IF that turns out to be the case.

Being that it appeared that Cal Foote was initially cleared of wrongdoing (see the first page of the thread), I can't get on the Devils for bringing him in.  I suspect he was let go by Nashville mostly because he's a fringe-type who was destined to bounce around as his career continued.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Interesting

In fairness to the Flames, this could be what they were led to believe by Dube.  Like I alluded to in a previous post, given what these guys were involved in (and were hoping to get away with), not being truthful about several things wouldn't come as any great shock to me at this point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In fairness to the Flames, this could be what they were led to believe by Dube.  Like I alluded to in a previous post, given what these guys were involved in (and were hoping to get away with), not being truthful about several things wouldn't come as any great shock to me at this point.

Yup just a terrible look all-around

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Yup just a terrible look all-around

It's a really sh!tty day for hockey.  But I'm happy for the victim.  This is one of those rotten stories that you see movies made out of, where the victim has to spend years of her life waiting before he or she finally sees something resembling justice.  The sad thing is that I've seen that type of movie so many times that my mind even came up with a movie montage, as each of the five players realized that their time was finally up.  Won't surprise me if we don't see a detailed documentary on this whole incident, once the final chapters are written.  It's a story that should be told.

54 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Here's what I think Fitz might eventually have to answer for.  Dube took a leave of absence on Sunday?   Seems like the cat was out of the bag by then and McLeod shouldn't have been playing on Monday.    

Depends on what the team knew at the time. People have been making assumptions about how much the teams know and don't know about this situation. I am not sure how much is shared between police, agent, player, team, etc.

46 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Yeah signing Cal Foote is definitely a weird move in retrospect, but there was that report last year that he was cleared of wrongdoing so Fitz may have been believing these players or players’ agents when told they weren’t involved. 

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

2 more weeks. Unreal 

Actually given everything up to now, I'd say VERY real.  

• Like 1