GDT: Colorado Bigfoots @ NJD - 6 Feb @ 730p

jagknife

fresh off a long layoff, Lost Loser Lindy will probably go to the VV well yet again against a premier opponent.

Holtz will assuredly get saddled with Tierney and Wilman while Bastian wastes every chance the 3rd line generates.

Please come out on fire and not in a morgue…

LFGD

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Avs played tonight and will be in the second game of a B2B, so there’s that.  I’m under the impression that it’s impossible to win the second game 

LGD!   

I heard rumors that at some point this season, a team may have broken this B2B losing curse.

Also something about league fixing was mentioned when it happened to us two weeks ago...

Maybe the fix is in for us tonight!

• Like 1

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

As do I, although which of the scenarios I’m envisioning ultimately takes hold depends on whether Jack plays or not. 

Jack hasn’t even had a full practice yet, so I don’t think he’s playing tonight. 

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I have a general idea….

Yeah I'm not feeling great about this game nor the rest of the season, really.  I've tried to remain as optimistic as possible but it just feels like Fitz refuses to give this team the shakeup it needs.  I know I've beaten the dead horse as much as anyone but how Fitz can feel like Lindy is still the guy...even with the Devils still in the WC hunt, it's feeling more and more like Fitz is punting 2023-24...when asked about this at the end of the season, he'll mention injuries, Luke and Nemec going through expected growing pains, etc.  He won't be entirely wrong but man it does feel like whenever Shero's or Fitz's Plan A don't play out exactly as hoped...it's on to "So maybe next year Plan A works out".

Hopefully Jack comes back soon and is 100% (or 110% for that matter), because barring that, I just don't see the Devils squeaking into the playoffs.  I want to be very wrong about that.     

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He won't be entirely wrong but man it does feel like whenever Shero's or Fitz's Plan A don't play out exactly as hoped...it's on to "So maybe next year Plan A works out".

I hate this. I’m not saying Fitz should do something desperate or stupid trade-wise, but he learned NOTHING from Shero with the way he handled Hynes. It’s infuriating.