GDT: Not Atlanta Flames @ NJD - 8 Feb @ 7p -Jack's Back!

jagknife

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Yeah, I think we might be at that point.   

Markstrom would be the perfect goalie for Schmid to spend a few years learning  behind as well

I assume they would want our first ?  Which to me would not be worth it.  Amy chance they take less ?

Was that a 7-1 Devils win if the goalies are in opposite nets?   

Just now, LIDevsFan1 said:

I assume they would want our first ?  Which to me would not be worth it.  Amy chance they take less ?

No or it would have been done by now.  Also, our 2024 1st is still tied up in the Meier trade 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He lost his #1 goalie and probably won’t even miss a beat. 

There are two GLARING issues with this team right now. The HC and the goaltending. Can we at least address one or the other, Fitz?? 

That’s exactly it.  In an alternate universe wherein the Devils and Flyers decided to swap coaches before the season, where are the two teams right now?  The Devils are probably in the thick of the divisional and playoff races, while the Flyers are the worst team in the league.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LIDevsFan1 said:

How many high 1st rounders does this team need to be competitive? They already have 7 top 10 picks currently on the roster (Jack, Nico, Luke, Nemec, Timo, Dougie, Holtz). At some point they just need to bite the bullet and pull the trigger. The rebuild was supposed to be long over at this point. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

How many high 1st rounders does this team need to be competitive? They already have 7 top 10 picks currently on the roster (Jack, Nico, Luke, Nemec, Timo, Dougie, Holtz). At some point they just need to night the bullet and pull the trigger. The rebuild was supposed to be long over at this point. 

He (Fitz) is going to come out and say the answer is in the room, I’m convinced of it.

he's going to ride the injury excuse this season and punt it.

i’m this damn close to reaching acceptance with this, unfortunately.

• Like 2

How many high 1st rounders does this team need to be competitive? They already have 7 top 10 picks currently on the roster (Jack, Nico, Luke, Nemec, Timo, Dougie, Holtz). At some point they just need to night the bullet and pull the trigger. The rebuild was supposed to be long over at this point. 

I’d hate to see Holtz moved, but if Lindy isn’t going to use him properly, then Fitz should use him to acquire a better goalie while the season is still salvageable.  The alternative would, of course, be to punt this season and offload Toffoli.

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

They scored first and got right back to Lindy hockey. Regardless of our playoff chances they desperately need another coach, not next season, RIGHT NOW. 

It seems that everyone on earth knows this except the one person who can do anything about it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

Yes. It’s a stacked team that was 3rd in the league last season. He could help them make a run. 

I'm not upending my life, and my family, moving across the continent just for a chance to make the playoffs. I'd stay put.

The Devils are not making the ECF. 

Still can’t trade it right now given that it’s already tied to the Meier deal.  Plus, the outlook on that changes significantly if we have Markstrom playing like that for the Devils.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

He (Fitz) is going to come out and say the answer is in the room, I’m convinced of it.

he's going to ride the injury excuse this season and punt it.

i’m this damn close to reaching acceptance with this, unfortunately.

They had their entire forward group healthy tonight and still lost a big game at home. 

fvck the injury excuse bullsh!t. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm not upending my life, and my family, moving across the continent just for a chance to make the playoffs. I'd stay put.

He’s under contract for two more years. It wouldn’t be a one and done. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I’d hate to see Holtz moved, but if Lindy isn’t going to use him properly, then Fitz should use him to acquire a better goalie while the season is still salvageable.  The alternative would, of course, be to punt this season and offload Toffoli.

Toffoli can go for all I care. He’s not part of the future, and they aren’t winning sh!t with this coach and goaltending. 

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Still can’t trade it right now given that it’s already tied to the Meier deal.  Plus, the outlook on that changes significantly if we have Markstrom playing like that for the Devils.  

True. 

• Like 2