Jake Allen to NJD for conditional 3rd

jagknife

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I have news- one of Schmid or Daws will be in Utica; the other will be with another franchise, and VV will be pumping gas. We absolutely will be going after a goalie in the summer, and Allen is next year’s backup. 

VV is signed through next year. I guess we could let one or both of Daws and Schmid walk, but they're both much younger than Allen, so I'm not sure I see that happening.

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

VV is signed through next year. I guess we could let one or both of Daws and Schmid walk, but they're both much younger than Allen, so I'm not sure I see that happening.

VV is gone. Guaranteed. And one of the other two will be the Utica starter, while whoever isn’t is starting for someone else’s AHL affiliate. 

1 minute ago, MrBreeze said:

Either that or we have a new nickname for him

Banana Bread it is 🤣

How close is Schmid to hitting the threshold for having to clear waivers?   I know he was close.  Maybe this was partly done to save him any more appearances in NJ this season if VV is also done?  

Edited by Lateralous

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

He is absolutely gone.  Said it already, but this is about Fitz wanting a whole new goalie tandem in 2024-25.  VV will be dealt for pennies, just to move him...Fitz might have to retain some of his money for that to happen, but VV won't be back.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xxchaznjxx said:

Are we really going to be that confident with Markstrom/Allen duo next season.  I can't say I will be.

Not sure it will be Markstrom.  I'm thinking he might go full Saros.

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He's not going to make 40 games here.  

I don’t know you can be so certain. If we acquire a Markstrom with his age and injury history (and this club’s recent luck with injuries), I can totally see Allen playing a ton. And that would only be a mild upgrade from the sh!tshow in net this season, while costing us a hefty price in a second rounder.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’d prefer Saros for sure.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Saros or Ullmark please

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I hope so with Saros.  Fitz seems to have a hard on for Markstrom.

I would be happy with Saros/Allen next season instead.

Just now, devlman said:

Ok, that’s a little bit more reassuring.

Exactly, no way do I see Allen getting close to 40 games next season.  That's definitely not the plan.

• Like 2

One guy who was the talk of this board last year and hasn’t been mentioned at all is Spencer Knight. Would the Panthers be willing to entertain offers this offseason? Bob has been great and Knight has been in the AHL. Great pedigree as a prospect. Classic buy low example.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonginator11 said:

image.gif.dbc960be6e661c3929a48c3b7024fc1b.gif

So basically we will maybe see him next year

Is anyone else besides me wondering if Fitz made this deal without considering that Allen will need a work visa to play for a team in the United States?

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

One guy who was the talk of this board last year and hasn’t been mentioned at all is Spencer Knight. Would the Panthers be willing to entertain offers this offseason? Bob has been great and Knight has been in the AHL. Great pedigree as a prospect. Classic buy low example.

I’d take Knight no question