GDT: 3/23/24 Senators @ Devils 7:00 pm MSGSN

ButlerBulldog

Just now, Oglethorpe13 said:

Great pass to the guy changing, smith

Can you imagine being one of his kids?  Fortunately, they’re probably too young to realize that their dad is the worst hockey player in the league.

As much as I hate to say it…

What did we expect?  This is what the 2023-24 Devils do.

Hoping for a comeback, not expecting one.

• Like 3

Just now, Nicomo said:

Getting booed off the ice. 

They deserve to get booed all the way out of the building.  I love Simon Nemec, but that effort on the 3-on-1 was pathetic.  Of course, his counterpart on defense was predictably nowhere to be found.  But it’s Hatakka who sits, right Travis?

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As much as I hate to say it…

What did we expect?  This is what the 2023-24 Devils do.

Hoping for a comeback, not expecting one.

With the talent this team has the fact that they haven’t won 3 straight all season is unbelievable. 

Other than the first 5 minutes of the 2nd they’ve been completely out coached, out worked, less disciplined, etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

They deserve to get booed all the way out of the building.  I love Simon Nemec, but that effort on the 3-on-1 was pathetic.  Of course, his counterpart on defense was predictably nowhere to be found.  But it’s Hatakka who sits, right Travis?

If that had been Luke people would be ready to banish him to the ECHL. 

I don’t want hear any more broadcasters talk about the Devils needing help to reach the postseason.  They don’t deserve any help, especially from teams that have competed harder and smarter than they have most of the season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

When the season is over and exit interviews take place, Novo needs to ask him why he waited so long to fire Lindy, why he didn’t try harder to get a starting goalie sooner, and why Brendan Smith has more lives than a cat.

Not sure we'll hear intelligent answers. He and Lindy did a lot of damage this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

If that had been Luke people would be ready to banish him to the ECHL. 

Fortunately, Luke has regained his form, but I think we’ve finally reached the point where Nemec’s play is being affected by the coaching staff’s ineptitude, as he made that awful drop-back pass before Haula turned the puck over, leading to the Senators’ first goal.

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

With the talent this team has the fact that they haven’t won 3 straight all season is unbelievable. 

Other than the first 5 minutes of the 2nd they’ve been completely out coached, out worked, less disciplined, etc.

They have won 3 straight 4x this season but not since late December and never won 4 straight all season. Team just stinks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

You’re not missing much.  This has been one of the most lackluster efforts of the season—shades of the Sharks and Ducks losses.

They continue to play down to their competition. Coming off probably their best game of the season, too against a very good Jets team. Infuriating. 

• Like 1