GDT: 3/23/24 Senators @ Devils 7:00 pm MSGSN

ButlerBulldog

Same drill as so many other times…let me see them sweep the weekend.

L G M F D!!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Same drill as so many other times…let me see them sweep the weekend.

L G M F D!!!

It stands to reason that Allen gets only one of this weekend’s games since they start less than 24 hours apart.  Here’s hoping Kahkonen doesn’t sh!t the bed.

• Like 1

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

It stands to reason that Allen gets only one of this weekend’s games since they start less than 24 hours apart.  Here’s hoping Kahkonen doesn’t sh!t the bed.

Probably gotta go with Kahk for the Sens and Allen vs the Isles, based on Allen’s brief sample here.

• Like 2

With tonight’s loss, the Sens have not won in regulation in 14 games.  No reason to lose to this team (how many times have we said THAT this year?).

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Tempted to go to this one, team is playing well right now 

The win against the Jets was one of their most impressive of the season.

I’d love to believe a magical run could happen, but man the odds are so stacked against this team.  Three games still to play against the Leafs…yikes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I give Allen both. If the team is serious about making the playoffs, he has to start nearly every game left. It's amazing that we still have three more back to backs, and maybe Kahkonen gets one or two of those, but I'd do it later on when the playoff picture is clearer.  We could be out of the race by then if the teams in front of us don't lose a couple games, or if we lose some. But we gotta give ourselves the best chance to win, and right now that's unquestionably Allen. 

Let's Go Devils.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I give Allen both. If the team is serious about making the playoffs, he has to start nearly every game left. It's amazing that we still have three more back to backs, and maybe Kahkonen gets one or two of those, but I'd do it later on when the playoff picture is clearer.  We could be out of the race by then if the teams in front of us don't lose a couple games, or if we lose some. But we gotta give ourselves the best chance to win, and right now that's unquestionably Allen. 

Let's Go Devils.

I’m starting Allen until we are mathematically eliminated or he physically cannot lace up skates.  This is not a time for managing minutes.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

Marino in, Hattaka out ... Smith remains a liability. 😩

I realize the ship has sailed with respect to the Devils making the playoffs, but does no one in this organization care about winning?  Moreover, Smith isn’t going to be on the team next season, but Hatakka likely will be.  Why not use the remaining games as an opportunity to get an extended look at him to find out where he fits?

• Like 4

Creating a buzz about making "still being in the hunt" to make the playoffs can only help ownership rake in whatever funds they otherwise would have made in the post season. 

Will we make it? Highly unlikely.

But if the Devs were sitting pretty in a locked playoff position, their last few home games probably would not have had that much interest from the fans.  This way, they have artificially created interest.

So, financial benefit for ownership.

But let's be real, this team is not making the playoffs and if they do, it's because the teams in front of them suck just as bad as we have.

The “loser point” Icelanders are beating Loseippeg 3-1 right now.

As I’ve said before, the Devils only chance to get in is to do something they haven’t done all season…

and that’s to get into a major hot streak right now because they simply have too many teams to pass by by simply playing above average hockey.

In my best Lou Brown voice…..

”Winning streaks have happened before”