GDT: 03-26-2024 Devils @ Leafs 7:30PM EST ESPN+

Rock

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Another rough night for Nemec. Poor kid doesn’t have a chance being anchored to Smith. 

Nico, Timo, and Luke were all fantastic tonight. 

Especially if he has to defend the opponent’s best forward by himself.  If I’m an opposing coach, I structure my lines such that my top scorers are on the ice with Nemec and Smith as much as possible.  It’s a de facto power play.

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Another rough night for Nemec. Poor kid doesn’t have a chance being anchored to Smith. 

Nico, Timo, and Bratt all at the top of the card. That line was just clicking tonight. Timo's goal was awesome. Nico winning a battle and getting the puck to Bratt. Bratt with the patience to allow a scoring chance to develop. Timo finding the soft spot in front. Exactly what you want from that line.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, nessus said:

Nico, Timo, and Bratt all at the top of the card. That line was just clicking tonight. Timo's goal was awesome. Nico winning a battle and getting the puck to Bratt. Bratt with the patience to allow a scoring chance to develop. Timo finding the soft spot in front. Exactly what you want from that line.

A fantastic, hard working line.  Perfect mix of finesse and strength out there in the offensive zone.

Makes one wonder why they weren't given a chance to do this with regularity earlier in the season...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

:lol:

Funny store with this one... as I live on Central time, games typically start "early" for me (6pm, 6:30pm) so I'm normally having to watch on delay after the kiddo goes to bed. I started watching this one on delay pretty late via Hulu instead of the ESPN+ app but at some point midway thru the 2nd period my feed kept reverting back to the beginning of the period when I tried to skip thru a commercial break (and I couldn't skip forward to where I originally was). Ugh. By then, the actual game had been over so I figured I'd just switch over to the ESPN+ app and watch the actual replay from where I left off... but unfortunately the only replay feed available at the time was the Spanish broadcast. It was getting late so I'm like fvck it, we'll just go with that. Even though I could only comprehend about 20% of the commentary (probably less), it was fun as heck. I like Steve Levy but I'm 100% listening to the Spanish broadcast next time we get a Sean McDonough game. :lol:

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

A fantastic, hard working line.  Perfect mix of finesse and strength out there in the offensive zone.

Makes one wonder why they weren't given a chance to do this with regularity earlier in the season...

“You don’t know the game.  You win by forcing guys with incompatible skill sets to play together and by selectively benching young players when they look at you weird.” - Lindy (probably)

• Haha 3

Smith is such an integral part of this organization. His leadership and on ice skill are irreplaceable. We better give all young defenders time with him in order to properly develop their game. He gets robbed annually for the Norris

Edited by jagknife
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Nicomo said:

This is the post I meant to sh!t on Smith on… my phone is being fvcky

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Smith is such an integral part of this organization. His leadership and on ice skill are irreplaceable. We better give all young defenders time with him in order to properly develop their game. He gets robbed annually for the Norris

Remember when Sean McDonough and Ray Ferraro called him the backbone of the Devils?

• Like 1
  • Shocking 1

1 hour ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Remember when Sean McDonough and Ray Ferraro called him the backbone of the Devils?

Definitely don’t but wouldn’t surprise me that they push an uneducated Lindy/Fitzy-fueled narrative 

Also, remember when Sean McDonough had an expression/tone other than channeling Ben Stein? (If it was from the outdoor game, I still haven’t watched the reply, lol)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

More like the funny bone, but only without the funny.

• Like 1