GDT: 03-29-2024 Devils @ Sabres 7:00PM EST MSGSN

Rock

17 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

That's the nail in the coffin, losing to loser teams. 

Loser teams are actually making noise across the league, but that doesn't excuse Devils for this bs performance. 

• Vomiting 1

17 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

That’s the most infuriating thing about this entire mess.  When things are going well, Fitz is more than happy to stand in front of the media and answer questions, but as soon as things go bad, he’s MIA.  He’s not a leader.

Except when he has to fire a friend and then trash Holtz.

• Like 2

I waited to come here, but, I’m absofvckinglutely down right disgusted.. blowing a 2-0 lead to 4 unanswered goals in a game against a bum opponent when our season literally rode on it. Disappointed, embarrassed, I don’t know how else to express it, you fvcking losers, you don’t deserve to go any further than just finishing off the rest of your games. I’m done with this season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Except when he has to fire a friend and then trash Holtz.

Holtz might be the only thing Fitz has gotten right all year lol, but yes it's still a bit unseemly that you make it out like he's the reason your buddy got fired when he's barely a pimple on this team's sorry behind

• Like 1

Just now, 2ELIAS6 said:

I waited to come here, but, I’m absofvckinglutely down right disgusted.. blowing a 2-0 lead to 4 unanswered goals in a game against a bum opponent when our season literally rode on it. Disappointed, embarrassed, I don’t know how else to express it, you fvcking losers, you don’t deserve to go any further than just finishing off the rest of your games. I’m done with this season. 

Emotionally, I’m 100% with you, even though I knew a game was coming like this at some point, this one killed any remaining passion that I might have had for this year’s team.

Said it already, but I feel so much for Allen.  This guy stepped it up as much as he possibly could have.  And his team hung him out to dry time and time again, while he bailed THEM out.  If I’m him I’m plenty pissed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Holtz might be the only thing Fitz has gotten right all year lol, but yes it's still a bit unseemly that you make it out like he's the reason your buddy got fired when he's barely a pimple on this team's sorry behind

He’s the dumb fvck that drafted him. Imagine getting Jarvis or Askarov with that pick…

• Like 1

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

Love Nico but he needs to be a bit more of an a$$hole in the locker room and call these fvckers out before it GETS to that point.

Maybe he did? Idk I thought those comments were spot on. 

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

Turned it off after the second to spend time with the family. The 2023-24 Devils can officially go  away.

A6772C54-BB8B-4E8F-94AF-D49D692C17C1.gif.f2c069681a4b9e020572ce0ad69f4dfa.gif

Haha this guy was at a horror convention we went to last weekend. My wife was like - is that the guy from Grandma’s Boy? :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Maybe he did? Idk I thought those comments were spot on. 

If he did and they still responded that way then some people REALLY need to be binned off lol...but Nico I get the notion is not the kind of guy who really wants to make waves or gets in people's faces.  This vague passive aggressive stuff after the fact is about as grating as he gets.

Edited by NJDevs4978

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Dude, this is a fair question.

I don’t think Jack, Luke, Timo, Jesper, Nico, and Nemec are going anywhere, and I don’t think that they should at this point in the window.

Everyone else, none of them are remotely untouchable.  Here’s looking at you Dawson.

Not sure I'm ready to see Dawson walk.  He's having a bad season, but he's very serviceable, especially playing with linemates who do a little more than just skating. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but this season is a huge system (if this term is even applicable) failure. I don't usually follow up on former Devils, but most of them seem to find another gear on teams where coaches know what they are doing. 

Idk what the offseason will bring, but I'm absolutely sure this team can be fixed and taught what it really takes to be considered a cup contender. 

2 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Not sure I'm ready to see Dawson walk.  He's having a bad season, but he's very serviceable, especially playing with linemates who do a little more than just skating. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but this season is a huge system (if this term is even applicable) failure. I don't usually follow up on former Devils, but most of them seem to find another gear on teams where coaches know what they are doing. 

Idk what the offseason will bring, but I'm absolutely sure this team can be fixed and taught what it really takes to be considered a cup contender. 

Depending on what the return is, I’m absolutely open to moving Dawson.  I’m not running him out of town nor giving him away, but I no longer have him as an untouchable either.

And I agree in that I do think that this can be fixed this offseason.  But obviously a very disappointing season, especially since it absolutely felt like there was a time that it could have been salvaged.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Emotionally, I’m 100% with you, even though I knew a game was coming like this at some point, this one killed any remaining passion that I might have had for this year’s team.

Said it already, but I feel so much for Allen.  This guy stepped it up as much as he possibly could have.  And his team hung him out to dry time and time again, while he bailed THEM out.  If I’m him I’m plenty pissed.

None of my anger is towards him, he gave us every single chance and alot more than I think most of expected from him. Every single other player on this team absolutely let every single one of us down tonight. It’s finally over. 

• Like 1

Honestly if it wasn't Fitz who drafted Mercer and clearly loves the guy I could definitely see him getting Sykoraed out of here.  Fitz has a similar mentality to Lou with one big exception, he lets feelings get in the way.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Depending on what the return is, I’m absolutely open to moving Dawson.  I’m not running him out of town nor giving him away, but I no longer have him as an untouchable either.

Dawson had a chance to be untouchable by continuing the run he was on late last season, but he’s played himself out of that conversation this season.  If he can moved to acquire Soros, I’m fine with that.

Look at it this way - would you really wanted to have made the playoffs only to be absolutely slaughtered in 4 games like sacrificial lambs to the fvcking rangers?

We have one of the worst d-corps in the league. 3 rookie dmen + Brendan smith ain’t pretty. I don’t care if Luke Hughes is the next Bobby Orr he fvcking blows right now and belongs in the AHL.

Also, making the playoffs would put us at severe risk of Green coming back as coach. Lose out the rest of the way and get as high a pick as we can to trade away in the summer.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And I agree in that I do think that this can be fixed this offseason.  But obviously a very disappointing season, especially since it absolutely felt like there was a time that it could have been salvaged.

I’m in the same boat. Kid needs to sit in the press box a bit. Don’t care about his iron man streak. He doesn’t deserve to play after so many poor performances.

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I never did. I remember some of the know it alls on HF acted like it was crazy to even think about moving him last season leading up to the Timo trade. People can lie and say they weren’t influenced by that long goal streak went on but I didn’t believe them then, and still don’t. 

Decent player, but he’s prone to disappearing more than just about anyone on the team. And hardly untouchable. 

Zetterlund has more goals this season than Mercer fwiw. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Look at it this way - would you really wanted to have made the playoffs only to be absolutely slaughtered in 4 games like sacrificial lambs to the fvcking rangers?

We have one of the worst d-corps in the league. 3 rookie dmen + Brendan smith ain’t pretty. I don’t care if Luke Hughes is the next Bobby Orr he fvcking blows right now and belongs in the AHL.

Also, making the playoffs would put us at severe risk of Green coming back as coach. Lose out the rest of the way and get as high a pick as we can to trade away in the summer.

I’m in the same boat. Kid needs to sit in the press box a bit. Don’t care about his iron man streak. He doesn’t deserve to play after so many poor performances.

Actually, I think Luke has looked better over the past two weeks.  Right now, it’s Nemec who’s struggling, likely a consequence of him hitting the rookie wall and having Brendan Smith chained to his right leg.

• Like 1