2024 Offseason Thread - It’s FINALLY here

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

He came in saying guys would sit.... and then he sat Nemec... and only Nemec.

Smith made countless bad penalties, never saw a reduction in ice time (yes, he is absolutely my whipping boy but he was BRUTAL before and after the change). Luke could have very justifiably sat a game or two, just like Simon, but never happened.

They brought up young guys, never let them get a feel, even after they had blown their chance at the post season. It was the perfect time to see what some guys had, and reward some of the Utica horses, and they kept status quo.

Good riddance to Green.

That’s not just on Green.  Where was Fritz?  Both Meier and Hughes were injured.  They should have been shutdown and brought up players to show what they can do.  The entire organization ran like sh!t all season long, from the top down.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

That’s not just on Green.  Where was Fritz?  Both Meier and Hughes were injured.  They should have been shutdown and brought up players to show what they can do.  The entire organization ran like sh!t all season long, from the top down.

This. When the season was lost and we could have played some prospects and see what they could do, they kept trotting out Smith and Tierney for whatever reason I will never understand. Also brought up players from Albany and never played them.

• Like 3

Just now, njbuff said:

I hope we don’t have to go to a college campus then. 😁

Especially UT in Austin. You get more than 3 people on the sidewalk there on campus and they got a swat team on horseback ready to drag you out of town.

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Berube or bust for me at this point. 

I really hope so but think Toronto may do whatever they can to grab him.

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s going to be Woodcroft isn’t it? I know the Twitter analytics guys are all big on him, but man he has such a small sample size. 

Just ugh. Far from ideal imo.

54 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Never truly believed he was 

48 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It never made any sense whatsoever. 

It's a pipe dream but I think there is enough to tie Brady to NJ that it is at least plausible. Extremely unlikely, but plausible. Fitz family connection, he has only lost in Ottawa, close friends with Hughes bros, Wife and her family are all from NJ, he fits on NJ and fills a need.

22 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It's a pipe dream but I think there is enough to tie Brady to NJ that it is at least plausible. Extremely unlikely, but plausible. Fitz family connection, he has only lost in Ottawa, close friends with Hughes bros, Wife and her family are all from NJ, he fits on NJ and fills a need.

Maybe Brady is playing 3-D chess and approved Green only to turn heel and demand a trade because they hired a sh!tty coach 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Maybe Brady is playing 3-D chess and approved Green only to turn heel and demand a trade because they hired a sh!tty coach 🤣

Lol maybe. Those dudes will dig up any connection they can to create a talking point even if they are grasping at straws. I am not saying it didn't happen, I don't have a clue, but why would Brady approve Green just because he played with his dad? He wants to win and Green made 1 playoff appearance as a HC in his career. Def some 3 or 4-D chess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Lol maybe. Those dudes will dig up any connection they can to create a talking point even if they are grasping at straws. I am not saying it didn't happen, I don't have a clue, but why would Brady approve Green just because he played with his dad? He wants to win and Green made 1 playoff appearance as a HC in his career. Def some 3 or 4-D chess.

Why would sobby Fitz get so emotional over Ruff when their only connection was player/assistant coach for Florida way back during the 90’s? 

Who knows. sh!t is weird. 

• Like 1