2024 Playoffs GDT

RunninWithTheDevil

10 hours ago, Muevelos said:

Palmeri is awesome. Never should have moved him😔

WHAT?!

I was as big of a fan of Palms as anyone, but in his walk year he was extremely meh, and that carried over to his first two full seasons as an Islander (you can look up the numbers).  He had a nice year for them this season (though he has the worst +/- on his team by a LOT), but I completely understood why Fitz chose to move him instead of re-signing him.  The Isles have not gotten a great return on that investment.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Also re: Palms. They were mad he... scored...? into the empty net? Like Nelson went after him for finishing a highly contested ENG and palms jumped right in?

Softer than Toronto and Ottawa...

Thats fvckin 10-ply soft and we're not even talking about their effort in the last 37 minutes where they had 5 shots total and were pure trap

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Also re: Palms. They were mad he... scored...? into the empty net? Like Nelson went after him for finishing a highly contested ENG and palms jumped right in?

Softer than Toronto and Ottawa...

Thats fvckin 10-ply soft and we're not even talking about their effort in the last 37 minutes where they had 5 shots total and were pure trap

I’ll give them a mild pass because I’m sure that whole team was shell-shocked.

But that being said, I have no idea how The Kings of The Loser Points recover from this.  It won’t surprise me if they have little fight left.

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

WHAT?!

I was as big of a fan as Palms as anyone, but in his walk year he was extremely meh, and that carried over to his first two full seasons as an Islander (you can look up the numbers).  He had a nice year for them this season (though he has the worst +/- on his team by a LOT), but I completely understood why Fitz chose to move him instead of re-signing him.  The Isles have not gotten a great return on that investment.

Yeah i understand. He's just a cool guy, fun to watch and the type of player this team currently needs. Of course he's overpaid. I'd swap Palat for him or Henrique without hesitation. Ignore the hindsight 

27 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

Yeah i understand. He's just a cool guy, fun to watch and the type of player this team currently needs. Of course he's overpaid. I'd swap Palat for him or Henrique without hesitation. Ignore the hindsight 

No hindsight involved; I was up for Palms being extended until his walk year, which flat-out wasn't good, and at that point, it absolutely made sense to reconsider.  I would've been open to bringing him back on a one-year "show me" deal, but obviously Fitz wasn't interested in anything long-term (he and Palms' agent did talk prior to Palms being dealt to the Isles, but the talks didn't go far, mostly because Palms' camp clearly wanted something for 4+ years).

My daughter and I met Palms (meet and greet) and he's definitely a nice dude.  I liked the fact that I think he got the most out of his ability while he was here, and it felt like he fought for everything he got, but some Devils fans definitely weren't, well, fans of his...I remember the posts complaining about him falling too much or not being consistent enough (though for most of his time here, his rate numbers were incredibly similar by each season's end).  My contention was that he was what he was...a guy who was hot and cold but good for 50-60 points and about 30 G per 82 GP.  He finally got there again, but I'm glad that it wasn't the Devils who had to watch him slog through three meh seasons to get back there.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

My Ranger buddy wants me to come over to his place and watch the game tonight, I think I'd rather pull my own teeth

Colonoscopy...root canal.... Vasectomy.  Just a few of the things I'd rather have/do than watch a Rags playoff game. 

• Like 2
  • Shocking 1